Chapter 33: Life changes

-What do you think?, Danny said from his spot on the passenger seat of my car as we were studying carefully a parked car just like the one the Cody kid told us it was his.

-That's the plate but I see no signs of the perps, I sighed feeling extremely tired. We had to catch these guys inside the car if we wanted things to go down easily.

Another minute passed by before two males went out of the drugstore carrying bags and quickly got into the car. That is our chance.

-Show time, I said before turning on the sirens.

Almost immediately the perps sped up through a red light and we chase after them. God dammit! I thought they'd make it easier on themselves. I sped up as well maneuvering between the cars that didn't have time to move aside themselves. Once I reached them in the avenue they were mine: I turned the wheel in a swift move and my car boxed theirs forcing them to stop.

-Damn you Steven! You'll kill me one of these days!, Danny shouted as he roughly got out of the car. I rolled my eyes with a smirk and followed right after him. Drama queen.

We arrested the idiots and confiscated the car and all of the kids belongings in it. Danny drove the perps to the central to be booked and I drove Cody's car back to my place. It was time to send these kids back home.

I quickly got into my house where all 6 teenagers were waiting sitting on the sofa without saying a word. I met Jill's worried eyes as she ran to hug me.

-Are you ok? They didn't hurt you, right?, she kept asking as I inside rolled my eyes.

-They weren't exactly pros Jill, but I guess you don't have to be one to steal a car from a bunch of kids, I said with a harsh tone of voice that gave away just how pissed off I was about all of this.

-We're really sorry sir, Cody said sheepishly and I looked at him sternly.

-How old are you kid?

-Six...teen, he stammered. I knew he was lying.

-May I see your driving licence then?, I asked wanting him to come clean about this whole thing.

-Steve, Jill pleaded me with her eyes but I was by far too upset. She crossed the line.

-Be quiet Jillian.

-I don't have one sir. I'm still not exactly 16 but I swear my father gave me permission to use the car, he said while his other friends were cowered behind him.

-Well I think he'll think about that twice next time when he hears about this. Babe could you give them a ride and explain everything to his parents?, I asked gently to my girlfriend and she quickly nodded her head grabbing the keys.

One by one they left my humble home to pile up in the car with Cath behind the wheel. I looked at Zeth when he passed by me and dedicated me a sheepish "sorry". I looked at him coldly being extremely disappointed of him. Of all of them really, especially...

-Steve I'm sorry this happened, Jill said quietly without raising her look from the ground.

-What in the world were you thinking Jillian? Getting in a car with a guy that doesn't has his driving license and without telling me?, I said raising my voice considerably while she gulped in her spot.

-He'll be sixteen in just a couple months...

-This is not about that and you know it young lady. I trusted you Jill, I trusted you and you lied, I spat roughly while approaching to her spot, staring at her green orbs from above.

-I didn't lie!, she shouted stomping her foot.

-Well you weren't honest either! Were you?

Suddenly the room went quiet as a cemetery, where the only sounds present were the rough breathing in and out of our noses. I hadn't been this angry in a while.