Chapter 18: Early mornings

We had a pretty quick dinner, since I really didn't feel like cooking that night, and then we sat down together to watch some T.V. I felt so tired that I could have perfectly fell asleep on that couch. "Could have" are important words in that sentence, since I couldn't sleep or even watch the show in peace because of Jill's phone. She was tipping at 140 mph but had her eyes staring at the Tv screen. That damn thing kept on doing a very annoying "bip" every two seconds. I could bet she was texting Zeth, thing that only annoyed me even more.

-Jill?, I told her several times until she finally heard me. She seems to disconnect herself of the entire world when she's with her nose stuck to that screen, or whenever she thinks about Zeth.

-Yeah?, she answered while nervously tipping lots of texts on her cellphone.

-Remember when you said you wouldn't abuse of your cellphone back when I gave it back to you?, I told her quite annoyed because she wasn't even looking at me. Still, I tried to be patient with her. Sometimes it works... sometimes.

-If I remember correctly, we never got to that deal because you didn't give me my phone back right away that day. It expired brother, she said with a smile looking at the screen, not really knowing if she was happy because of Zeth or happy because she was kind of right in that point.

-Still you've been texting the whole day. I think you could drop it till tomorrow, so I can take a nap while we watch Tv, I said taking the blessed phone from her hands and putting it away.

She reacted by pouting to me, like she always does.

-Awww but Stevie, she said looking at me, We never agreed that I couldn't abuse of my texting after all.

-Well in that case, we never agreed that you could have it back all day long, just when I'm not around and I need to be in touch with you, I said laying my head on the couch with a winner smile.

-Ok, you win, she said resting her head on my stomach watching Tv, How long are you going to be out tomorrow?

-Not really sure, I said trying really hard not to close my eyes, We have to interrogate a suspect, then some paper work. If everything goes fine and nothing comes up, I should be here by lunch.

-You're still going to wake me up at sunrising, aren't you?, she said closing her eyes with a very upset expression and I smiled.

Was that so bad? Sunrising it's beautiful. Pity she's too sleepy to actually watch it.

-Yep. I don't want you sleeping all day, wasting your time. It's pretty late. You should go to bed Jill, I said patting her backside

-I'm not sleepy. Really, she countered opening one eye to look at me.

-Come on. You're going to be grumpy tomorrow if you don't go to bed early, I said getting a little bit more stern.

-Fine, she said with a growling.

She got up from the couch and I saw her going straight to my room stretching her arms back.

-That's my room sis, I said looking at her. She turned around to give me an innocent smile.

-I know, but your bed is better than mine by far, she said before turning on her heels and shutting the door of my bedroom.

Hmp, fine. I'll definitely sell her bed tomorrow morning. It has no use if she's going to steal mine every single night.

I knew I should have gone to sleep, but I was very interested in this show, so I stayed laying on the couch, watching the bright screen until suddenly I fell asleep. Probably the worst mistake you can ever make. The couch is not comfortable, but anyway Jill had my bed, and I didn't feel like getting up, get changed and go to bed. Nah, too much effort.