Chapter 24: That guy

-What? What? What's the good plan I'll be excited about it bro? Come on! Tell meeee.

I chuckled at my sister's antics before answering calmly.

-Ok, ok. Calm down little one. Danny invited us tomorrow to a boat trip with him and his family.

-Oh wow! That sounds so cool... and umm... did he say if I could take someone I heard?, she added peeking over her shoulder at my reaction. Oh great.

-Nope. I don't recall him saying that, Icoldly said and she snorted.

-Well I bet you're taking your girlfriend to the trip.

-Umm... yeah.

-Ok, so let me ask him myself, she said trying to reach my phone but I held it away from her.

-Come on. Can't you spend a day away from that guy? Just one.

Instantly I got a pair of puppy dog eyes on me. Crap.

-Please Stevie. I really like him and if you really, really think about it it's good for you too. You'll get to know him better and in your own territory. You'll be able to control the situation as much as you want and all that stuff, she said trying to make the idea sound tempting for me and it was actually.

She was going to see him soon anyway, but it was better if I could get to study him first.

-Fineee. You can take him, as long as Danny's ok with it of course, I added at the end for good measure but I knew it had no use. Danny wouldn't say no, and even my sister knew it.

I guess I'll have to suck it and behave myself. After all it wasn't that bad. Jill was right: that Zeth guy would be playing on my territory, so I'd be able to have things under my control. Perfect.

Cath had been calling me all day long, so I decided to do something nice to her and invite her over for dinner. Of course that was a risky move, since even when Jill was still feeling the effects of her latest punishment, she didn't seem to be in her best behavior for my girlfriend to come over.

-Hey... so what do you say if we invite Cath for dinner?, I decided to throw the bomb on our way back home.

She seemed to be considering this thing too much, thing that only happens when she wants to use the situation on her behalf. She hadn't moved her eyes from outside the window really deep in thought.

-Ummm I guess is ok. You see, I have absolutely no problem with you seeing your own girlfriend. I think is something natural when you feel attracted to someone, to want to spend some time together alone.

-You're not seeing Zeth until tomorrow, I said firmly.

I knew I had that coming. The hell I know my sister from the top of her head to the tip of her toes.

-But why?, she complained shooting me puppy eyes through the rearview mirror.

-Why? Because you're still grounded. That's why, I said parking the car into the garage and taking the keys out.

-That's not why and you know it, she said frowning her brows to me.

-Then I guess the reason is not important. The thing is you're not seeing him today, I said stepping out of the car and getting into my place, quickly followed by a pissed off Jill.

-So you get to see your girlfriend and I can't see Zeth? How's that fair?, she countered folding her arms in her chest.

-Well since I haven't done anything that I wasn't supposed to because it's dangerous for myself on my older brother's back, I guess I have that right and you don't.