Chapter 13: It won't lead you anywhere good

Chapter 13:

-Would you mind to explain to me why did you disobey my directions today?, I asked my sister while putting my arms on my hip and looking at her sternly as she just shrugged looking away, That's not an answer Jillian.

-I needed a break Steven. I didn't want to be there any longer, she said glaring at me.

She was pretty damn furious about what happened this morning. It wasn't what I wanted for her either, but that jerk left me with no choice than to ask Jill to testify. I wasn't letting him walk free, no matter what. Couldn't she understand that I was just trying to protect her?

-It doesn't matter Jill. If I tell you to do something, you do it. I don't care if you want to or if you don't, I said raising my tone a little bit.

I wasn't getting her attention at all, thing that pissed me off a lot. To tell you the truth, I felt like she was mocking of me or something right then.

-Oh is that so? Well guess what? I don't care what you say either. I've never cared and I never will care about what you tell me to do. I'm old enough to live my own life Steven, she said dropping some tears on the process. She has the easy tear. I guess it's her way to express her feelings.

-What a shame Jillian, because you're gonna have to follow my rules for the rest of the summer break. Now I'm gonna teach you the rules of this house all over again, and we'll see if you can learn them faster than last time, I said sitting down on a chair in the middle of the room, ready to do whatever it takes to make Jill understand that if she lived there with me, she had to follow my lead.

-You're crazy if you think I'm going there, she said almost laughing about me.

I didn't have any problem on lifting her and putting her over my knees myself but I wanted to see how long it'd take for her to give up, so I stayed there looking at her like stone.

-Please, just... stop complicating things and get over here Jillian, I said more than tired of her drama. I was very, very exhausted and I definitely didn't need that struggling thing.

Her head looked like a time bomb barely I finished my sentence. Three... Two... One...

-Oh, I am SO sorry! I'm sorry you're STUCK with me Steven, but that's not my fucking fault!, she shouted with her hands clenched in fists and putting her face closer and closer to mine.

To slap her? The hell I wanted to after she shouted that, but that wasn't the proper way to discipline her. I have enough self control and I could never do that to her, because a simple slap out of control could end really, really bad. I've seen many cases of it.

-Watch your language Jillian!, I said standing up with no patience left but she wouldn't shut up apparently, no matter what I did. Once she starts with the hysteria, it's almost impossible to stop her, even if she wants to. There's one single way.

-I was supposed to enjoy a lonely yet peaceful summer at the camp, but then our freaking mother left me here with no choice and no damn explanation. I know I'm a pain in the ass to you right now, but don't blame me, she said pointing to herself, Blame the fucking family we've grown up into!

It was about time to stop this whole thing.

I lifted my sister in my arms that was kicking and still yelling at me, only God can tell what, and dragged her to the small bathroom right next to her room. I shut the door and let her inside of it yelling. I didn't waste words trying to reason with her, because at this moment it was absolutely impossible. I had to wait for the hysteria to go away.

Wow, what a tantrum. When did my 13 years old sister turned into 5 again? Fortunately I knew exactly how to handle her behavior. I felt kinda bad because of what she said. I didn't mean her to think that I'm stuck with her. Of course, I didn't choose this situation, but I love Jillian and having her here in Hawaii with me has been great these days. Her attitudes and all the problems she can get herself into doesn't matter to me, because I know she deeply regret them next and also she does learn from her mistakes. And besides here with me she never feels alone, and I think that's the most important thing. Nobody wants to be alone.