Chapter 30: An outfit change

Jill's POV

By the time me and Zeth arrived together to the beach, his friends had already started the fire and were having a few drinks. I sat down next to Morgan as she handed me a cold soda can, and I dedicated her a thankful and friendly smile to start things cool. From the two of them, she seemed to like me the less while in the meantime Sally was all laughter and gossip with me. Cody had brought a few beers, but only him and Fred were drinking. Between the fact that I don't really like beer and that Steve's head would explode resulting in a long grounding for me if he even smells beer on my breath, I didn't find the cold drink so tempting. That of course doesn't mean he has to know we had beers here.

As conversation started the topic slowly turned into me. Both of my friends had sat on each side of me and were swiftly dragging me to the Zeth and boyfriend subject. I didn't really mind talking to them, but I didn't even want to think about that in particular. We were good and I was having fun like never in my life. I just wanted to enjoy it while it lasts.

-So you guys seem to be going serious, Sally said while elbowing me and wiggled her eyebrows at me. I quickly glanced at the boys but they were too busy showing how strong they were in one of these apparently regular wrestling fights. No need to say Cody won them all.

-I guess we are. I don't know... I like him, I said feeling the heat grow in my cheeks when I met their "so in love" look. Oh please, not that look.

-It's a miracle I tell you! You know it's not easy to introduce a girl to Zeth, Sally blurted to her cousin who was slightly glaring for her to shut up.

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. Whenever people exchange that kind of look it's because something's going on.

-I thought Zeth was lucky with girls, I laid down casually, not making any questions, knowing Sally would be most likely the first one to spit.

-Well he is attractive obviously, but you can see how shy he is. He usually takes ages to ask someone out... except for you, Sally clarified quietly under the stare of her older cousin.

-Well I think he's sweet, I admitted looking down to hide a small smile. I knew nobody could see me anyways, but I was really hiding it from myself.

-Aww you are too you know. I think you must be the most cutest couple in Waikiki, Sally smirked at me and I swallowed my uncomfort.

Why? No idea. It wasn't a bad thing to be called "cute"... at least I love it when Zeth does, but then again I had this idea that they'd always look at me as the youngest and inoocent.

-Those outfits and manicure you have are so delicate and girly. Not really a type you can easily find here.Most of the girls around here are wearing crop tops and ripped off shorts the entire day, when they're not wearing bikini's in the sea duh, Morgan explained to me and I felt even more intimidated.

The odd feeling you don't fit in somewhere.

I dropped the subject for the moment as the boys came to join us again, once their stupid wrestling fight ended. Poor Zeth. Those two were gonna do some serious damage to him someday. It wouldn't hurt for him to start working out a bit, even when he looked absolutely perfect to me.

The environment kept a certain peace as the others were staring at the bright stars upon us. Morgan was busy showing me some pics on her phone from other campfires and other times hanging out with the group. As I was scrolling the images with my finger something caught my attention and I almost immediately froze my finger upon a red haired figure, tall... very tall, abs so toned that you could iron your clothes on, a lovely smile... shit.