Chapter 15: Hiding secrets

Steve's POV

I'm not gonna lie. I was quite pissed off because Cath allied with my sister to conspire against me. Not that I don't like that guy, because I didn't even know him then, but after the last thing that happened with my sister and boys, I didn't want to leave her alone with the male kind. Besides she was still a little girl, she was only 13. Who knows what a guy wants from her right now.

We walked away pretty far from where Jill was and sat down on a few rocks. I couldn't see anything of what she was doing at the moment, and that just got me incredibly nervous. I believe that was the intention of these two girls.

-I should have been warned that your girlfriend and your little sister can conspire against you, I said playfully glaring at Cath.

She sweetly smiled to me, thing that softens me instantly. Thing that she's very well aware of by the way.

-She's 13 Steve. Your sister has the right to chase boys without her older brother's surveillance... or the HPD, she countered looking at my reaction.

Not funny at all. She's not allowed to do that at ALL. Not if I don't say so.

-I'm the one who decides that, I said sitting down next to her, trying not to fall into the water. The waves were violently crashing against our sits spots as we were talking.

-You can't have control over her hormones, she said with a giggle, Not even she can do that. Believe me she'd like to.

-But I could give her next boyfriend 'to be' a good beat down, I added with a smirk and raised my hands preventing my girl's fury, Just in case.

-Don't you even dare Steven McGarrett, she told me pointing at me with her finger and playfully frowning at me.

-Oh, don't you threaten me with your finger miss, I said calling her by the worst nickname I could have ever called her. I stood up to prevent her next move, because she might be fit but she's goddamn strong. I mean, she's in the force too.

-Now you're dead man commander, she said jumping on me, wrapping her legs and arms around my body. The thing is that I was standing on two tiny rocks, so I quickly lost balance and we fell into the water. Luckily, Danny had my gorgeous new Iphone and Jill's too, or else we could kiss them both goodbye.

-Just a reminder, I said shaking my wet hair, Don't call me like that in front of Jill.

-What?, she said with a teasing smile, She came up with commander too? That's not fair to me!

-Of course not, I said keeping my voice down as if Jill was anywhere around, But I haven't mentioned to Jill that I'm in the force, you know... yet.

I could see she wasn't happy at all with my decision, so I avoided her accusingly stare. I wasn't proud of myself either, but I felt like I had no choice. She already hates my current job, if I ever tell her I'm in the Navy, the SEALs... Jesus my very girlfriend over here is Naval intelligence. She'd never look at me again. I know that. But how long could I keep that information from her anyway?

-You'll have to tell her the truth someday, she said folding her arms together and giving me a parental look. Oh damn, I'm in trouble with my girlfriend.

-I know baby, I know, I said wrapping my arms around her tiny waist, Just try to understand this is a huge change. I hadn't seen Jill for a long time, and I have to explain lots of stuff to her. It's just that... Jill won't like the idea of me or you being in the force. She's kind of... pacifist.

-Just to let you know Steve, she said looking at me while stroking my arms, Time's not gonna help you. The longer you wait, the harder will be to explain and for her to accept it.