Chapter 27: The threat

-I'm exhausted, Jill complained dragging her feets on the floor instead of walking. She was slower than a snail. I was already faster than her when she's normal, now that's she is in complaining mood I can walk three times faster than her.

-Come on. Just a few more blocks, I told her while turning my head to look at her. She just glared at me.

-Why did you have to give Cath the car Steven?, she asked pretty much annoyed.

-Because she offered herself to take Zeth home so we could go and rest, I said while stopping my walking, otherwise I'd take like three blocks of advantage of my sister. She dropped her bag and sat down on the sidewalk.

-I can't take another step, she said while resting her head on her knees.

-It's dark Jill. We need to get home, I said getting tired of having to drag my sister all the way back home. She could be a little bit more positive for once.

-Carry me?, she asked me while giving me a sweet smile with her eyebrows raised. I raised mine too. Was she serious?

-I'm not your ride home. You have feet of your own, I said while offering her my hand to get up. Barely she did she tripped falling in my arms.

-Ooow my ankle. I think it's hurt, she said overreacting while grabbing her ankle and hidding her face behind her hair.

-I'm sure it's fine Jill, I said with a giggle. She couldn't be serious about this. The fact that she wasn't showing me her face was enough to tell me she was lying and trying to trick me for me to carry her back home.

-No, really Stevie. I think I got hurt. Pleeease carry me back home, she said while covering her eyes with her arm faking a fade. I took a deep breath as I lifted her in my arms.

-It's the last time I carry your butt back home. I swear, I said while smiling to her.

-Well you know me, she said with a liar smirk, My ankles are very propense to get hurt.

-You're gonna need more than a fake injure to make me carry you again, I joked as I tried to hurry back home.

I just couldn't wait to be peacefully sleep in my bed... if my sister allows it of course. She was tired now, but just wait until we get home. She'll want to stay up watching tv all night long.

-You said it yourself... I'm a terrific actress, she said with a giggle.

-That doesn't mean you can fool me, I countered raising a brow to my sister. No matter how good she is at acting, she'll never be able to fool me.

I opened my place's front door and barely I walked near the couch I dropped my sister on the sofa, thing that she reacted by throwing a cushion to my head. We could have started a whole cushions fight, but it was already too late. We took a short shower and went straight to bed. Apparently I was wrong, because Jill's brain was so turned off that she didn't even ask me to stay up or to sleep in my bed. With a "good night Stevie" mumble she shut the door of her room and passed out on her bed. This boat trip came with a good thing at least: it ended up with my sister's hyperactivity, and with mine too.

I fell on my big soft bed and covered my head with a pillow I had near. So this is how Jill feels every morning? Huh, pretty comfortable actually.

My phone woke me up earlier than I expected, and it was because I had a call of Danny. Shit what now? Can't Hawaii be safe for a couple hours of beauty sleep? It was late actually, around 7.30 already, but I wasn't planning on working today.

-Yeah McGarrett, I answered the phone beneath the pillow on my head. I wasn't getting out of there, no way.

-Hey Steve. You're awaken enough? I huh... I have sort of bad news, he said trying to have some finesse. I instantly jumped of my bed, taking the pillow off my head.