"Yes Jacob. I would love to go with you." Carly says with a different tone in her voice and I turn suspicious. Jacob smiles widely, flashing his perfect set of teeth and then rushes to the counter to buy something. Before I can say or comprehend anything, Bella speaks up.

"You like him too, don't you?" Bella questions, her hands folded and Carly smiles lightly and nods. Bella and I squeal and hug Carly as some heads in the cafeteria turn to look at us.

                     I drive straight to the hospital as I have to meet Bella at 5.00. I convinced her to make our shopping trip late by one hour so I could go home and refresh. I enter the very familiar white hospital building and take the lift to mumma's floor. I enter the room softly and sit by her side.

"Hey mumma bear, today was quite different you know. Our school is celebrating its twenty fifth founder's day and its a masquerade ball. I wasn't  sure about going before but Bella and Carly convinced me. We three are going on shopping today. I'm gonna go directly from here an-" I gasp as I see my mother's finger moving. I stand up in shock and almost convince myself that I was dreaming but then I see it again! Two fingers moving. I look up to her eyes and a slight curve forms on her lips. She is smiling and moving her fingers! Oh my God! My step falters and I steady myself by stepping backwards. I run out and call the doctor who treats my mom. He rushes in when I tell him everything. He calls in another nurses and they all do different check ups.

"This is a great great progress Samantha. Your mother is getting better and better." He says in a congratulating manner and I burst  out in tears of happiness. The doctors and nurses leave and I kiss mother on her forehead.

"Thank you. Thank you so much mom. I love you so so much." I say barely managing to keep my voice even. I call dad and give him the happy news. He goes ecstatic and tells me that is going to be in the hospital soon.

Dad arrives and holds mumma's hands while she squeezes them slightly. Dad reacts to this by going ecstatic all over again and pecks mom on the lips.

"Oh my God. You have made me so so happy today honey. Thanks for putting in so much effort. I have no doubt now that you will come back again." Dad exclaims and cries as he kisses mom over and over. I wipe the tears that flow on mom's cheeks and she directs her gaze at me and smiles that limited smile again that she can.

We talk with mom for a while and then dad insists that I go shop for the ball as he took his rest of the day off and can stay with mom. He gives me extra money and I can't remember the last time I was this happy and joyous. I get a text from Bella when its 15 minutes to four.

'Will pick you up from your place in 20.'

I immediately write back.

'Pick me from the hospital. I stayed for some extra time.' I hear a beep soon after.

'Why? Is Aunt Andrea okay?'

'Yes, its a good news actually. Will fill you guys in when we meet.' I text back and she doesn't reply. 

Soon enough, I hear my phone ring and I see a missed call from Carly. Taking that as my cue to leave, I kiss mom again and bid dad goodbye. He kisses me on my cheek and I leave. I smile and run when I see Bella and Carly's red car near the hospital gate.

"Hey girl. Whats the great news?" Carly questions as soon as I settle in the car.

"Its mom. She moved her finger today and also.." I sniffle. "... now-now she smiles slightly." I say with a huge smile and a tear escapes again.

"Oh my God Sam. That's fantastic news!" Bella exclaims from the driver's seat and Carly nods and pulls me into a hug next. My happiness always multiplies when I tell my stuff to these both and right now is no different. Bella kneels on the driver's seat and leans back, her legs almost hanging outside the window, her head bumping on the car roof and then finally hugs me tightly.

"That wasn't necessary Bells." I say as she struggles to sit back in her seat without bumping her head again.

"Of course it was. I can't let my best friend stay away from my love and happiness that I feel for her at this moment." She says, adding her motherly tone and ignites the car. I smile and look back at the hospital, imagining my mom resting in there with a smile and holding dad's hands.

I love you mumma!

Please don't forget to vote and comment. It would mean a lot if you could share my story and tell your  friends about it if you like it! Have a great day/night. Love you guys :-)