Amir 48

Joseph pulled off and me and Dartanian stood there neither one of us knowing what to say to the other. I looked at Dartanian and he was looking at his hand.

"Thanks for that D', I mean I could've handle it myself but still........ thanks." I said looking at him.

"It's all good I've been wanting to beat his ass since freshmen year, you just gave me the perfect opportunity. I just I would've known how hard that niggas jaw was." Dartanian said and we both started laughing.

"That's what the fuck you get for poppin up like you were Batman or something." I said laughing.

"True, now are you going to tell me why you were with that nigga and why he was trying to kiss you?" Dartanian said.

"When I left earlier, he was out here waiting for me, he wanted me to be apart of there little group. And as to why he was trying to kiss me, well I guess he was feeling the same way you do." I said.

"Amir you have no idea about how I feel about you."  Dartanian said seriously, the look in his eyes was intense.

"Come on let's go put some ice on your hand." I said as we walked inside the house.

As I got an ice pack for Dartanian I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss from earlier and what Joseph was saying inside his car. Was I gay? Or was I just confused because of everything that had just happened? But then I found myself thinking about the kiss again, and even though I told Dartanian not to every bone in my body wanted it. What was wrong with me? I'm not gay, I've fucked more girls then should be legally possible, but I still couldn't stop thinking about the man in the next room, my best friend, the person I go to bed and wake up thinking about. Maybe I did have feelings for Dartanian, feelings stronger than the love I felt for him as a brother. As all this went through my head I didn't realize Dartanian was standing right behind until he reached over my shoulder, to grab the ice pack.

"Thinking about me?" He said, I turned and there was only like six inches between us. Dartanian smiled and licked his lips. "It's okay if you are Amir, because I'm always thinking about you." Dartanian said as he moved closer, I was stuck between him and the sink.

"D' stop." I said quietly.

"You really don't want me to do you? I'm betting if I were to kiss you right now you'd kiss me back." Dartanian said, all I could think was my mind was telling me no, but my body................

"Dartanian........ I can't....... I'm not........" I stuttered weakly. Dartanian smiled and backed up.

"It's cool I'll give you some space, but we do need to talk about this." Dartanian said grabbing the ice pack and walking back into the living room. I needed to get myself together, before I went in there, I splashed some water on my face and took a deep breath. I walked into the living room and Dartanian was sitting there with his shirt off watching ESPN, this dude was playing games, he saw me looking and smiled.

"Dartanian put your shirt back on." I said trying not to look at him.

"No.......... and if you don't come sit next to me I'm going to take my shorts off." Dartanian said loosening the string on his basketball shorts. I sat down next to him and he started laughing.

"Dartanian why do you keep fuckin with me? And what did you mean earlier when you said I didn't know how you felt about me?" I asked seriously.

"Amir.......... I've always been honest with you. Now all I ask is that you be honest with me, who's on your mind before you go to sleep? Who is the first person you think of when you wake up? Who's always had your back no matter if you were right or wrong?" I didn't even have to think about it. But before I could even answer Dartanian spoke again. "I already know it's me Amir and the reason why I know is because while your here thinking about me I'm at home tossing and turning in bed because I can't stop thinking about you." 

"Dartanian I............." I started to say but he cut me off again.

"Amir I already know how you're feeling because I'm feeling the same way. This is new territory for both of us, but I can't think of anyone I'd rather experience this with than you." Dartanian said looking me in the eyes. I didn't know how to respond, so I leaned closer to Dartanian getting ready to kiss him when he stopped me. "Tell me you love me." He said, I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"I love you Dartanian." I said and he pulled me in for a kiss.

"Amir I know your scared but we'll get through this together." Dartanian said kissing me again.

END FLASHBACK

"A couple of weeks later Dartanian got murdered by Chris. I guess Joseph wanted Chris to prove his love for him and that was the way he wanted him to do it. After Dartanian's funeral, Chris went to jail, and Malcolm ended up shooting Joseph. I can't say that I felt bad for him, I just wish he would've died." I said looking Seven in the eyes.

"Damn Amir............ it seems like we've both been through some shyt. Like two years ago, some dude wanted Tyson and he was willing to kill me to get him." Seven said, and I felt like we were becoming closer.

"So what happened to the dude that tried to kill you?" I asked curiously.

"At first I thought he was dead, but he's not in fact he's up and walking around. Supposedly he's plotting on me again." Seven said seriously, something passed between us in that instant and I felt like I had to protect him. I've always wanted a brother and now I had four of them.

"You still love Tyson don't you?" I asked.

"Truthfully I'm not sure anymore. I mean I'll always have love for Tyson but he's moved on, and I'm starting to do the same." Seven said.

"You think we should get back?" I asked.

"Yeah before Tion sends out a search party." Seven said as we walked up the street me and Seven started talking about our childhood, our mothers and everything in between. As we turned the corner onto Seven's street the first thing I noticed was a big crowd of people in front of Seven's house yelling.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked. Me and Seven stopped walking and I heard somebody scream something like 'Fabian leave' and before I could even think who the fuck is Fabian? Seven took off running. I chased after him and saw Seven Superman punch some light-skinned dude. Before I could even blink a full scaled brawl started taking place right in front of me. I watched Tion fighting with some other dude, and Seven and Dallas fighting the dude that Seven punched. Then it seemed like time slowed, the dude Tion was fighting pulled something from his pants and pointed it in Tion's face. Before I could think the dude pulled the trigger..............................................