Seven 28

I was on my way to the library to finish this report for my African-American History Course. On top of having a baby on the way, and this being a big part of my grade, and me having a game Saturday, and Jamar constantly trying to talk to get with me, Alana's headaches were getting worse. As soon as I was done getting everything I needed for this report, I was going to swing by there. I was honestly starting to worry about her. The other day when we went to Walmart she passed out in the middle of the aisle, and after sitting in the hospital with her I found out that her blood pressure was still really high, so they put her on bed-rest until the end of her pregnancy. So most nights I just stayed over there with her, this shyt was so stressful. I walked around the library until I fund the book I needed and sat down. Not even five minutes later I was asleep. I don't even remember it happening, it just did. I was quickly getting deeper and deeper into my sleep until somebody tapped on my shoulder. I looked up to see this short dark skinned dude standing over my shoulder, and I remember the first thing that went through my mind was damn he's cute ass fuck.

"Aye bruh are you aight?" He asked. I just kept looking at him, until I got my focus. Then he became even cuter, his warm brown perfect skin shone brightly in the light, his low cut was neatly tapered, but it was his onyx eyes that really completed his look.

"Yeah just a lil tired. my bad I hope I wasn't snoring and shyt." I said standing up and stretching.

"Nah but you were drooling a little." He said pointing at my face.I quickly wiped my face embarrassed, he smiled at me and I kinda smiled back.

"What made you decide to wake me up?" I asked as I started collecting my things.

"Well the library is about to close and I didn't think you would appreciate being left in here." He said, I looked out the window and realized how late it was and almost freaked out.

"FUCK I'm so fuckin screwed." I said shouldering my book-bag, I checked my phone and saw that I didn't have any missed calls or text. "Thanks man." I said as I ran out the library.

Twenty minutes later I was pulling up to Alana's apartment, the first thing I noticed was a car that wasn't Alana's, I walked up to her house and heard voices inside a male and a female that I knew for a fact was Alana's. I used my key to get inside and saw Alana sitting on the couch with some dude I didn't know. They both looked up at me as I stood there stuck, the I walked over to Alana and kissed her stomach.

"Who's your friend?" The dude asked. There was something about his voice that instantly pissed me off, but I played it cool.

"My name is Seven and that's my baby." I said pointing at Alana's stomach. The dude looked at me and smiled.

"Alana I'm just going to leave because it's obvious you two need to talk." He walked over and kissed her on the lips. "I'll call you later baby." He said walking out. As soon as he was gone I started.

"Yo who's that nigga?" I asked pissed. "Matter fact what the fuck was he doing over here, and why the fuck are you out of bed?" I asked.

"Seven look me and you aren't together. Marcus is a friend and I................."

"Is he the father?" I asked and Alana looked like I just slapped her. I could see the tears building in her eyes. I fell back into the chair. "He is, isn't he?" I asked quietly.

"ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? SEVEN PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE NOT AS STUPID AS YOU'RE COMING ACROSS BECAUSE I WOULD HATE FOR OUR BABY TO INHERIT HIS INTELLIGENCE FROM YOU." Alana yelled.

"WELL IF HE'S NOT THE FATHER THEN WHY THE FUCK WAS HE OVER HERE?" I yelled back.

"Oh well maybe because he's my friend." She said, I just sat the stuck. "Look I met Marcus a few weeks ago, and I know for a fact you're good in math so think about it. I got pregnant in March, it's now October that means that in the few short weeks that I've known Marcus means that, there's no way that he could be the father." Alana explained to me like I was four.

"Look I want a DNA test when he's born." I said. I looked over and Alana was asleep, I shook my head, I walked over picked her up and carried her to her bed. I needed to get out of here. I was walkin out her room when I stopped and looked at her stomach and felt the tears building in my eyes. I walked over and sat by her stomach and put my lips to it. "I don't know if you can hear me. But i just want you to know that daddy loves you, I never thought I could love something so much but you are my motivation now. I love you." I said kissing her stomach and walking out.

I walked into my room praying that Jamar wasn't there and I guess my prayers went unanswered. Jamar looked up at me and smiled, I tried not to get pissed looking at my bed remembering what happened last time I walked in here. I figured I could get a hotel. I started to walk out when Jamar stopped me.

"Seven look can we talk please?" He asked.

"What is it Jamar and make it quick because I'm trying damnedest not to punch you in the fuckin mouth." I said pissed.

"I'm sorry, I know what I did was fucked up and I shouldn't have been fucking with another dude. Truthfully I just want us to be friends again." Jamar said.

"Look Jamar I'm not mad that you were with some other dude. It's not like we were in a relationship, all you did was suck my dick once. I was pissed because you did that shyt on my fuckin bed. I thought you a least had enough respect for me not to do some fucked up shyt like that." I said.

"But you knew I wanted to be with you and you stood me up to be Alana. I really wanted to be with you, let's just give it a try." Jamar pleaded.

"Look do you honestly believe that I'm going to be with you after you were sucking some dudes dick on my bed, and on top of that he plays on the team with us. You can't be serious. Look I'm going to go sleep somewhere else." I said walking out the room.

There was no way I was going to be able to make it through class tomorrow, but I couldn't sleep. I went through my phone lookin to see who I could call, I hadn't heard from anybody besides my family in a couple of days. Izayah was probably sleep with Jackson, with Gino it was hit or miss, Tion was definitely sleep, I started to lose hope when I decided to call my dad.

"What's up Seven?" He asked I knew he'd be up.

"Nothing just got a lot going on, and I needed someone to talk to." I said.

"Alright shoot, I'm listening." He said. So I told him everything, from the stress of my classes, to my anger at Jamar, to my confusion about Alana.

He was a good listener and had some good advice. He let me talk until I was done, which is what I needed somebody to just listen to me. Once I was done he finally spoke.

"Seven what do you feel in your heart?" He asked me. I had to think about it for a second.

"I feel like it's my baby and I don't know how I will deal with it if he isn't mine." I said truthfully.

"Seven look Alana's going through something neither one of us will ever understand. So she needs all of your support right now. Even if it isn't yours she needs you, you said she's one of your best friends then start acting like it." I listened to everything he told me and took it all in.

"Thanks dad. I really needed this. But what was it that you wanted to tell all of us?" I asked.

"Look I'll tell you when I get there, I'm still trying to figure everything out. Plus I want to tell all of ya'll together. Look I gotta get back to work, I love you son." He said.

"Love you too dad." I said hanging up. I went back to my room to think on everything he said and for the first time in a while I went to sleep with peace of mind........ well until Tyson found his way into my dreams.