Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"Yes ash?" She replies, peaking her head out from the bathroom. A brush is placed in one of her hands while a straightener is placed in the other.

"I was just wondering what you were doing." I say honestly, feeling my cheeks heat up as I think of how clingy i sound. She smiles at me, motioning for me to walk towards her. I obey, pushing my hair out of my face as I take short strides over to her.

"You know how we were talking about going fully public? Like telling them that we weren't just friends? And how I didn't want to?" She mumbles, setting the hair accessories down and turning to face me. I nod my head, recalling the long talk we had about it three days ago. She said she would think about it, but she made it clear she was very nervous about it. She's definitely not used to all this attention.

"Well... I thought about it and I think we should." She says, adjusting the collar on my shirt and smiling, she cannot meet my eye though, every time she does when we're this close, she begins blushing like crazy. It's adorable.

"Really?!" I ask, my voice cracking and the excitement clearly evident in my voice. I clear my throat and lift my head higher. "I umm... What made you uhh, change your mind?" I ask, changing my tone so it doesn't sound like a HighSchoolers anymore.

"Well I was just thinking about how happy I am with you, and how it's been about half a year that we've been dating. It just seems right, and I don't care what people say anymore, as long as I'm with you Ashton." She smiles deeply, caressing my jaw with her frail fingers and kissing me quickly.

"Well, I'm glad you feel that way. I do too, I lov-" I cut myself off, my face paling but then I begin blushing so that adds some colour back. We haven't used the 'L' word yet. I pretty much just confessed my love for her, and it could be unrequited. Depending on what she could be feeling.

She pulls away, giving me a small but very questioning look. I bite my lip and shuffle out of her reach. "I should um. Leave you to finish... This." I say quickly, motioning from her hair straightener and then to her head. I turn to walk out of the bathroom but she pulls me back, surprisingly very quickly.

She grabs my face, pulling it to her own at a rapid pace, our lips slamming together. My eyes jerk open at the immediate contact, but I soon close them as I realize she isn't mad.

We mould our lips together, one of her hands behind my head while the other is on my face, mine simply hold her by her waist.

"Ashton?" She questions, pulling away breathlessly. We don't move from our positions. "Yes Delilah?" I respond.

"I love you." She giggles. I smile widely, immediately bringing my lips to hers again.

"I love you." I say, feeling like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It feels amazing to say that to someone and actually mean it.

"I love you." I repeat, kissing her again and again. "I love you so much." (Cliche af 👌🏽)

-