Chapter Twelve

Holy shît balls shsjsjsksksk an 2K!!!!! Happy birthday to Harry and to me (even tho it's not my birthday I'm just pretending cause this would be a great gift)

Calum's pov
(6 hours later/ 11:24 am)

"Is there any news on Paisley?" Michael asks, coming to sit beside me. He hands me a cup of coffee, which I thank him for quietly.

"Still in surgery." I answer, not taking my eyes off of the same spot I've been staring at for hours. I haven't slept at all, neither has Michael, or Ashton.

"What about Luke?" He asks.

"Still sleeping." I answer, every time Michael asks this, it's always the same, so I don't know why he even bothers.

Since Ashton was too upset to even speak, I had to be the one to call Paisleys father, Jack and ben, and Jocelyn and tell them about the awful news.

Jack, Ben, and Paisleys father are flying out right now, Jocelyn is sitting across from me. All of us wear similar tired expressions, seeing as we came here at 4:45, and haven't left for almost seven hours.

In my head I'm replaying all of my memories of Paisley and I together.

From the first time we met, where she was very socially awkward around me and didn't talk. To when we used to get ice cream and watch "Full House" all night.

All of those memories played, all the way until Luke came into the picture, then it was the memories between the three of us.

Then eventually it got to the ones of Luke and I.

He was my best friend.

I know he's not hurt like paisley is, but I'm still worried about him.

I don't notice that I'm crying until Jocelyn gets up and walks over to me. She sits in the seat next to me and pulls me into a hug.

She runs her fingers through my hair while humming a soft tune into my ears. She doesn't tell me "it's okay" or "they'll be fine" or anything, because honestly, I don't know if they will be. Even she knows that.

The doctors told us that Paisleys right arm, left hand, and left leg, are broken, and she has a bad head wound which might or might not have left internal damage. They also had to remove quite a bit of glass from her stomach and ribs, but they didn't go deep enough to do that much damage.  

As for Luke, they said that he passed out in the ambulance and his heart stopped a couple times during his "sleep", they had to use the defibrillator on him.

The nurses have told us many times that we should go home and rest, but we've all stuck to the plan and said "hell motherfûcking no". Maybe not those words exactly, but you get my point.

I continue to sob into Jocelyns shoulder. After a while though, I have to get up and walk away so I can calm myself down.

Soon enough, The sadness leaves and is replaced with anger.

I'm angry at myself for crying, I'm angry at alcohol for causing this, I'm angry at the hospital for not working fast enough, I'm angry at the drunk fûcking asshole that also caused this, I'm angry at everything.

I pace the halls, occasionally wiping my nose or my eyes.

"Excuse me, sir?" I hear a small frail voice from behind me.

I turn around, steam still coming out of my ears. I look down at the girl, she looks about my age, beautiful brown hair with blonde highlights, and those beautiful blue eyes. They kind of reminded me of Luke's eyes, but more beautiful.

I immediately wipe my tears and soften my angry expression.

"Yeah?" I ask sadly. She motions for me to sit in the chair that is perched in the corner. I obey, because who wouldn't.

"Are you okay?" She asks first. I nod my head, but then shake it frantically, not trusting my voice.

"It's okay, I'm here to talk about it." She says truthfully, she reaches for my hand, which I let her take. She gives it a squeeze and then smiles reassuringly at me.

"Thanks." I say.

"No problem. Now, do you want to talk about your problem?" She asks, I simply shrug.

"My- my best friend. She got in an accident, then my other best friend fainted and still hasn't woken up." I explain, I would say more, but I feel like if I talk about it more, I'm going to cry again. And I've already embarrassed myself enough in front of this pretty girl, I wouldn't want to do it again.

"Is your best friends name paisley?" She asks all of a sudden. I look up and nod.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"I work with her, I'm her assistant." She says.

"Oh." I say simply.

"I'm Ana." She says, holding out her hand. I gladly take it, though I'm still sad over all of this.

"Calum." I reply.

"You look familiar... Have I met you or something?" She giggles, the sound is heavenly, I wish I could just bottle it up and keep it in my luggage and play it on repeat every time I felt sad.

"No, but you've probably heard of my band called five seconds of summer." I reply. She nods in understanding, then something clicks.

"My sister is obsessed with you guys." She gushes. "Especially that drummer guy, Ash is it? She loves him." She tells me, she pulls out a picture on her phone, it's about an six year old girl, beautiful like her sister.

"That's sweet, do you want me to sign something for her?" I ask, my tears are completely gone, I thank this lovely lady very much for that.

"Yeah sure, umm." She sighs, looking for something in her large purse. She finally gets to a notebook, and she smiles victoriously.

She tells me her sisters name, and I write a short but understandable letter for a child.

"Thank you so much, she's going to love me for life." Ana says, she pulls me into a hug. It shocks me at first but I relax into her comfortable arms and hug her back. I really like this girl.

"Now would you like to come for a walk to the cafeteria for some lunch? I'll pay..." She asks, standing up and smiling down at me. I take a glance into the waiting room, Ashton is passed out on Michaels shoulder, Jocelyn in cuddled up to the other one. So I agree.

"Great, let's go." She says, then happily walks with me through the hospital.

We pass by the holding room on the way there, I take a quick glance through the small window, though I wish I hadn't because I saw Luke in there with tubes attached to him everywhere.

Focus on the girl Calum, focus on the girl.