Chapter Twenty Six

"Lukey!!" I scream, attempting to get up from my spot at the couch, which I haven't moved from since this morning. I succeed after a minute or two and immediately am wrapped in Luke's arms. I guess he was just as excited to see me as I was to him, honestly I was counting down the minutes until I saw him.

"Hey baby." He giggles, doing our signature spin around hug. Literally every time I see him we do this. I love it.

"I missed you." I say quietly, trying to avoid the comments that I am almost positive are coming my way. The whole 'you saw him yesterday' and stuff. I don't know what it is, but ever since I have gotten back with Luke I haven't wanted to leave him. I guess I'm just scared that he will have to leave again and I'll be all alone, so I am trying to soak up as much Luke time as I can. I've grown attached to him in the past month and a half. I can't help it.

I think he feels the same way since every time he is home, well my house anyways, he is right by my side and ready to move mountains for me. I really do love him.

"I missed you too." He says, setting me down on my one good leg and passing me my crutches. Ashton and Michael are in the kitchen, leaving Calum standing there with a sly smirk on his face. It's a little creepy considering its one in the morning and I have been watching horror movies.

Yes, I have gotten over my fear of them. I can now handle them and no longer need to clutch onto anyone for dear life as a form of protection. Though I will always pretend if it means I get to cuddle Luke in blanket forts again.

Those were the days man, back when I had no real big worries. There was obviously the small ones like school and drama but nothing like car accidents and babies that we get now. It just goes to show that we are growing up and becoming independent adults. It's scary to think about that actually.

"You guys are so in love. It makes me want to barf out rainbows and hearts." Calum laughs, collapsing onto my couch and pulling out his phone.

"I'm jealous." He mumbles, looking down at his phone and frowning a little. I look at Luke with a knowing glance and see that he is giving me the same one.

I mouth the countdown, starting at three. On my mark, we jump on Calum while laughing. Luke pins his legs down and I sit on his chest, pinning down his arms. He squeals in surprise and me and Luke laugh. This is how we always get each other to talk about their problems.

"What's wrong Cally?" I ask sincerely, he struggles in my grip, but I don't loosen it. He needs to get this out, I can tell. You see, Calum likes to bottle up all his anger, just like Luke used to. I helped Luke all those years ago, now we have all taken the responsibility of helping each other, so this is the mechanism that we decided to use against each other.

"Nothing paisy." He mocks, breathing heavily afterwards. I move down a little so I am more on his stomach then his chest. I figure that I am probably crushing him. "Whoops. Sorry." I laugh, but then go back to my serious face. Luke always laughs when I make that face. Probably because I am such a non serious person and me pulling a serious face definitely isn't natural.

"You aren't heavy so don't worry about squishing me." Calum says, I shrug, I wasn't exactly comfortable anyways on his chest, his stomach is much more comfy. That sounds weird but you get my point.

"Stop trying to change the subject cal. You know what we are trying to get to. Don't make it harder on yourself then it already is." Luke says, coming closer but still not releasing his grip on Calum's legs. I can tell he's struggling to keep them in place since Calum is quite strong, but I don't call him on it. Luke may look like a lanky breadstick/noodle but he's a strong boy, and I'm sure he can do this on his own.