Chapter Sixteen

Brown haired Luke kills me.
I'm just going to leave this here... Okay bye

-

Me: Hey Ashton, I got a new phone.

Ashy: HOLY SHIT! I missed talking to u! How have u been? Are u okay? Where are u right now?

Me: Keep Calm Ash. I'm fine, a little tired and a little sore still, but I'm fine. I'm in Australia atm, staying with dad for a couple months until I'm back up on my feet.

Ashy: oh thank god. I'm glad ur okay. I love u so much paisley don't ever do that to me again.

Me: well ur in luck cuz I don't plan on getting hit by a truck again... for a while at leased.

Ashy: don't joke about that u little crap.

Me: why? I'm fine now so life is good.

Ashy: u. Almost. Died.

Me: but. I. Didn't.

Ashy: 1 sec I gtg Luke wants 2 know who I'm talking 2.

Me: kay. Give me his number. Don't tell him ur talking to me tho.

Ashy: are you sure???????

Me: obviously.

Ashy: it's xxx-xxx-xxxx

Me: okay thx, I'll message him later. But right now I want to know how the greatest person alive has been holding up.

Ashy: whooooo meee?

Me: no I'm talking about Calum... Of course I am talking about you. Weirdo. :p

Ashy: I've been good, better now that I am talking to u and I know ur okay. u have no idea how hard it is to put on a fake smile when u know that on the other side of the world, ur little sister is attached to a shit ton of cords and machines, barely breathing.

Me: just forget about it Ashton. I'm fine now, only a little scratched up that's all.

Ashy: so are you like in crutches or in a wheel chair, or what?

Me: I'm in a wheel chair for a couple weeks, then I get the casts off my hand and arm so I'll just be able to use crutches.

Ashy: wow. I feel so bad though, I was with you just before the accident, I could've stopped everything, I could've came home with you and kept you at home, but instead I got drunk and passed out.

Me: do NOT put this on yourself. None of this was your fault!!

Ashy: I just feel bad... But why did u go out that late at night? And what did Luke have to do with it. I can't get the story out of him, he says its best if you tell me.

Me: it's a long story. Can I explain it to you in person when you come out here?

Ashy: yeah sure. I gtg now tho, the boys want me to pick up a pizza. Love you Paisley.

Me: typical. Ttyl ash love you too.

I close out of Ashton's messages and go back to my newly created one. Marked under Luke<3, I hover my fingers over the keyboard.

"Hi Luke, it's paisley." I say out loud, typing that into my phone. I sigh and shake my head. "To formal." I say to myself as I delete my message.

"Sup Lucas, it's paisley." I type.

"No."

"I love you Luke." I say, also typing that into my phone, very slowly however since I only have one hand that I can use at them moment.

"Too soon."

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. I need to message him, but I don't know how to start it.

That's when I get an idea.

Luke's pov

"Who you texting Ashton?" I question, plopping down on the bed beside the now flustered boy.

"Nobody. Just playing... Flappy bird." He delays, taking his phone and shoving it in his pocket. I look at him suspiciously, raising my eyebrows a little. He said that quite fast, too fast.

"Okay..." I say, still not believing him 100%. He nods his head and smiles sheepishly, then gets up and walks to the bathroom. He's definitely texting someone. Probably a girl.

I sigh and pull out my own phone, going straight to Instagram. I post a picture that I took earlier and then post it. I am immediately bombarded with likes and comments, either good or bad. I reply to a couple, laughing to myself lightly when I see their reaction.

Then I plug in my headphones and begin listening to music to kill time. We just found out that we might be able to go home sooner then we thought just because we got an earlier flight which is in two days. I really hope that we can get on that flight, I miss Australia.

But that brings me back to Ashton. He's been acting weird lately. Every time I mention how much I miss paisley, he just smiles and shrugs. 'Soon.' He would say every time. That confused me, she's in Canada and we are headed to Australia. What the hell could he be referring to?

Soon.

He's a weird guy.

I scroll through my feed lightly when I have an idea. I'm pretty sure that paisley had Instagram... Maybe I could dm her and she could see it if she gets a new phone.

I go to Ashton's follow list and start to scroll through it. It's mainly just other celebrities.

He's not following me, the little shît.

When I finally see it, I cheer to myself. Calum gives me a questioning look but doesn't say anything, he just rolls his eyes, knowing that I am a weirdo. I click the follow button and go on to my DMs.

Then I start typing.

(A/N)

That was a weird chapter, I apologize. But just in case you didn't understand what just went on...

Luke doesn't know that paisley is in Australia yet... I didn't clarify that in the last chapter lol. But Paisley is gonna be texting Luke, Luke's gonna be texting paisley. Shits gonna get good.