Chapter Eight

"Calum!" I scream, he jolts upright, wacking his right arm on the window somehow in the process.

"Fuck. What?" He growls, grabbing his hand, and also his head.

"What is your room number?" I say in a quieter tone, knowing very well that he probably has a headache now.

"404, Ashton's is 407." He mumbles, then he exits the car and walks in, leaving me with a sleeping, drunk Ashton to carry inside. Thanks Calum. Really appreciate it.

I sigh and get out, then circle the car till my hand is hovering over Ashton's door handle. I don't want to open it since Ashton is leaning on it and I already unbuckled him, so he'll probably fall out. But I do anyways, and I catch him in the nick of time.

"Wake up ash." I say, dragging his body so he's propped up against another car so I can close the door to my own. "KFC." He mutters, then stumbles as he tries to stand up. Fûckin clutz.

I take his arm and put it over my shoulder, then put my other arm around his waist and assist him as we walk through the automatic doors. We walk slowly, me occasionally grunting and Ashton occasionally muttering something to him self drunkingly.

We get several weird looks as we shuffle to the elevator, I ignore them all.

We get in the elevator, it being filled with an old lady and her husband. She's scowling at me, I simply smile at her and that makes her shake her head and look away. I have a much better way of getting people to stop something when I want them to then I did before, I simply kill them with kindness. People hate nice people.

All of a sudden, the elevator stops at the third floor after we drop the old lady off on the second. The doors open and there is a man standing just out side of them.

"I'm here for elevator repair, you two are going to have to take the stairs." He tells us in an annoyed voice. I groan and walk away with Ashton, as if this night couldn't be any more stressful.

"Lukey pie.. Still loveys paisy pie.. Like a pie." Ashton giggles once we are alone in the staircase. I glance at him in disbelief, Luke couldn't possibly still love me. He broke my heart without a care in the world, he didn't call me, or ever to try and fix things. It's been four goddamn years, he couldn't possibly still love me, that's something that only I could do.

I drag Ashton up the stairs, he managed to fall out of my grip and down a couple stairs before he sturdied himself and then laughed. He's going to have a couple bruises there tomorrow, fûckin idiot. Then I grab him again and shuffle up the hard cement stairs. This is not easy in heels.

It is silent for a little bit until we hit the fourth floor, then as I am walking with Ashton down the halls, he begins to hum loudly to himself. Which eventually turns to singing... Then this.

"You and uhh me.. gotta whole lot of... Chemistry. We can beeeee the bestest team, that the earths could ever seen!" Ashton yells, I can tell he's trying to sing one direction, I have grown to liking them quite a bit actually. Their music video for this song had me in literal tears. (A/N you and me both paisley)

But Ashton is getting it wrong, and he's horribly off tune, it's kind of funny.

"Shhh, Ashton! People are sleeping!" I scold, it's one in the morning and he's doing this, what the hell?

"Ohh, right... Sleepers." He giggles quietly, whispering profanities to himself. He is a funny drunk, I've never seen him like this. I'm not used to it either. My father was a weird drunk, he'd do awkward stuff and say inappropriate things sometimes. But that's all. That reminds me of the time when I first invited Luke to my house though.

The memory begins to play in my mind, the one I knew and remembered so well.

-

"I saw a boy, where is he." My father said slowly, he was definitely drunk. "He's right beside me dad." I said in the most patient voice I had.

"Tell him that.. That- to use protection." He said just before he passed out. I blushed and turned around to face a clearly amused Luke.

"Im sorry. He's drunk and he doesn't know what he's talking about." I apologized to Luke while flopping down on my bed and groaning. "It's okay, I don't mind." He laughed as he took a seat next to me. Then we sat there for a slight moment, just soaking up eachothers sweet smiles.

-

That was the first time that I brought Luke over to my house, the first time we cuddled, the first time we watched a movie together, the first time I truly laughed after Dylan, the first time I fell for a simple and shy boy that went by the name of Luke.

As I day dream about the past, I keep an eye out for when I pass by the numbers. When I finally get to room 407, I tighten my grip on Ashton and adjust my positioning, then I knock on the door.

After five minutes of waiting, I knock again but much harder this time. At leased one of the boys has to be in there...

I hear muffled sound from inside the room and then footsteps approaching the door.

Let's just say I was less then happy when the door swung open.