Chapter Nine

Luke's pov

I am watching a movie and making some food when I hear a knock at the door. Me thinking that it's just room service or something, I ignore it.

It doesn't happen again for a while, so I go and sit down with my bowl of chips and orange juice. I reach for the remote and am just about to turn it up when the knock repeats itself.

I groan and slowly walk over to the door which is on the other side of the room.

In a fit of annoyance, I throw open the door and sigh, only to immediately regret it. There stood the love of my life, looking beautiful as ever in her dress and makeup.

"P-paisley." I say in disbelief. She too, looks just as shocked as me, but she recovers from it quicker then I do.

"Mind helping at all?" She says, rolling her eyes and moving her head in the direction of where Ashton is passed out of her shoulder. I nod my head and move towards her, where I awkwardly put my arm around Ashton's shoulder on the other side and help him inside with paisley right beside me.

"Paisley I-" I am cut off.

"I don't want to talk about it." She says, then drops Ashton onto the bed quite roughly. She begins to leave but I run to the door and slam it closed before she can.

"Luke, get out of the way." She sighs, trying to move around me. I don't let her through though, and when she reaches for the door handle, I grab her hand instead. She looks down at it and her mouth goes agape for a slight second.

"Please, just listen for a minute." I beg, feeling tears pricking at my eyes for how happy I am feeling right now. For years I have dreamed of being this close to her, being able to touch her soft, delicate hands, being able to breathe in her wonderful perfume. Now I am and I feel wonderful.

She glares at me for a minute but then gives in. I smile and she rips her hand out of my grip.

"One minute," she says, crossing her arms. I take a deep breath to prepare.

Then my mind goes blank.

Everything I wanted to say to her is gone. Gone from my memory, completely lost as soon as I stared into her gorgeous eyes.

So i just stare at her with my jaw dropped and my hands slightly reaching for her for about a minute.

"Fûck sakes." She says, then pushes past me and opens the door. Now I've really screwed up.

"Wait paisley, I'm sorry alright." I say, pulling her back inside and closing the door again.

"You're sorry? You're fûcking sorry?" She says, giving me the dirtiest glare I've ever seen. "After all of these years, that's all you have to say to me?" She spits, getting closer until her fingers are pressed against my chest in an accusing matter. "You broke my heart Luke. Do you know how that feels?" She pokes me repeatedly as she speaks, each word being shaped perfectly around her beautiful red lips.

I stay silent, choosing to let her finish.

"I waited so long for this moment. For any moment. For you to come back and tell me that you were sorry, and that you loved me, and that you made a mistake. After all, that's what the fairy tales always said would happen. But now you are here, and it's nothing like that." She says, getting closer and closer to my face. Since she is wearing heels, she is at my height so our lips are about six inches away from each other. I am silent, not really knowing what else to say.

"Do you know how it feels?" She repeats, but more stern this time. I shake my head, even though I know what a broken heart feels like, I've never had it broken by someone who I cared for so much like I do paisley.

Then she begins leaning in (which I immediately respond by letting my eyes flutter closed), all the way until I can feel her breath on my lips and they brush ever so slightly.

"Then believe me Luke, when I tell you.. That I am truly sorry for this." She whispers, then pulls away all in one and leaves the hotel room.

Which leaves me with tears pouring out of my eyes and my heart ripped in half.

But I deserve it.