Chapter Twenty Nine

"Alright, we are here. Michael get the blind fold. Calum and Ashton go set up." Luke says after half an hour of driving. I raise my eyebrows and looks at Luke questioningly. He just smiles at me then exits the car with the rest of the boys.

Someone opens my door and puts the blindfold/ bandana across my face. They lead me somewhere, it's quite a long walk, probably about five minutes. I can hear crunching of leaves beneath my flats and a faint buzzing noise, but that might just be my ears ringing from blaring 'Come As You Are' by Nirvana as we drove. There also is the occasional brushing of something against my leg. I almost screamed like four times.

Michael sits me down in a chair, a rather comfortable one at that. I hear a bunch of footsteps running around frantically, while some whispers ring out. It goes dead silent after a while and I grow very curious, though I feel like I'm supposed to.

"Luke?" I call, trying not to sound as scared as I feel at this moment. A breeze blows through my hair and I am engulfed in shivers, though I can't tell if it's from being cold or scared, it could be both.

"Luke?" I call, but more sternly this time. I wait for a moment, hoping that he will answer me and didn't just lead me out in the middle of no where to leave me there for the night. I know Luke wouldn't do that and Ashton wouldn't let that happen but you never know, they like to prank people and this would be a perfect opportunity for it.

"Luke... I'm taking the blind fold off." I say, though I have a small feeling that I'm talking to myself. I can't hear shît.

I don't get a response so I sigh heavily whole muttering a profanity under my breath. I reach behind me and untie the knot that was put on the bandana. It takes a minute, but I'd rather take my time than ruin my hair that I worked hard on. Ew that sounded so girly of me.

When I get the bandana undone, I rip it off my face and shake my head to get the strands of hair out of my eyes. But when I open them, I am shocked.

My hand goes up to cover my mouth as I gasp into it loudly. Then I feel my eyes start to water and a smile breaks it's way onto my face.

Luke's pov

I watch as Michael sits paisley down on the chair and then runs over to where Calum, Ashton, and the other boys are gathered with their instruments and microphones. Thankfully ready to go.

I'm proud of myself for keeping this calm during the whole ride here. Or at leased attempting to. I'm praying that paisley couldn't read through my cool act and see how goddamn nervous I was for this moment.

I felt like I was going to break my jaw for how hard I have been clenching it, and I'm sure that I am dehydrated from my hands simply sweating so damn much.

This one night is reflecting my entire life. It should be simple. I ask, she answers, we live happily ever after.

But life isn't always a fairytale and you don't always get your prince/princess. There's always that slight chance of rejection. That's what worries me so much. I'm afraid that it's too soon to ask paisley. I mean, we've just gotten back together, we dated for like four or five months last time, now we are going on month and a half I think, two months if you count before I officially asked her to be my girlfriend.

I love her more than I've ever loved anyone in the world. So does Jack and ben. They love her to pieces and have encouraged that I ask her ever since I told them we are back together.