Chapter Four

Dont mind my crappy fan art lmao. Hemmotran

I quickly enter the dressing room, prepared to start the concert, but definitely not prepared to face paisley.

I had gone over it in my head a million times, I had known exactly what I wanted to say. But then, a certain thought had run across my mind.

What if she has moved on?

When that thought registered through my tiny little brain, I bolted back to the dressing room. Now the concert starts in ten minutes and I am not prepared to see her at all.

I thought I had this good and all planned out, but now, everything has changed.

What if she doesn't feel the same about me anymore? What if she shows up with a new boyfriend? What if they're engaged? What if she's already married? What if....

I begin to sob in the dressing room, the salty tears entering my mouth and sliding all over my red face. I yank on my hair and groan in frustration.

After about two minutes of this, I hear a knock on the door. I quickly try and compose myself and make sure I look semi okay before walking over to it. I take a deep breath and then open it, relieved that it is only Calum.

"Come on man, show starts in five minutes." He says, oblivious to my state right now. I'm actually kind of glad though.

"Okay." I say, taking more deep breaths to avoid from thinking about this again.

"Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know." I mumble to myself. I know it's frozen, but that advice is perfect for a time like this.

"Well now they knoooooowww." Calum screams, making me burst into giggles. "What? You started it!" Calum says, punching me on the shoulder and laughing. At leased I have someone to talk to if this does go downhill.

We prepare to go on stage, Calum with his bass, Ashton with his bandana and drumsticks, and then Michael and I with our guitars. I made sure that I was wearing everything that Paisley liked, just in case. Which was a red flannel, the black beanie, skinny jeans, and I also have my notebook on stand by just in case.

5, 4, 3, 2, go!" Ashton screams, then we walk out on stage, the arena bursting with screams. We wave like always, then take our places.

"Heeellllllooooooooo mannnitooobbaaaa!" Calum yells into the microphone. The screams get louder and louder. This is probably the best crowd we've had since New Zealand.

I look around as Calum speaks to the crowd, trying desperately to find paisley without anyone noticing.

My eyes dart around until I finally spot a certain red headed girl. Jocelyn. I smile and look beside her, only for no one to be there looking back.

My smile fades and I struggle to move my eyes from that spot beside Jocelyn. But I do, and I play it off as a dance move. Laughter fills my ears and I smile a little. It's fake.

"This first song.... is a new song. Written by the one and only.... Huke lemmings." Ashton speaks, giggling lightly into the microphone.

I nod my head and walk up to the microphone, prepared to speak.

"This song.. It means a lot to me. I wrote it for a special person who I still love very much. This is 'Everything I didn't say'." I speak into the microphone. I'm a little upset that paisley isn't here to hear this song, I wrote it just for her. Actually, that's a lie, I'm about to burst into tears because her beautiful face isn't here.