Chapter Thirty Eight

Luke's pov

When paisley told me that she was pregnant, I couldn't think of anything but the tour. I couldn't leave my pregnant fiancée at home while I travelled the world for a year. I'd miss all of the pregnant months, watching her belly grow etc. And I'd miss the birth of my baby. I couldn't live with myself knowing that I missed my own child's birth. What kind of father would I be?

So I grabbed my jacket and keys and rushed out, not being able to process anything. I didn't know what I was saying, what anyone else was saying, I could only focus on getting out of that atmosphere. That's it.

When I got outside, I hopped in the car and drove off, ignoring Michael who had just ran out of the door in nothing but his underpants while waving his hands for me to stop.

On the way to my destination I drove in silence. The only sounds that could be heard was my ragged breathing pattern and the hum of the car. I just couldn't believe it. Paisley was carrying a baby in her stomach. My baby. I am going to be a father.

It was amazing, I was thrilled for the future. But also scared. I was going to have a hard enough time leaving Paisley tomorrow, but now that I know she's pregnant I don't know if I'll be able to leave at all. So I made a quick decision and I'm not going to leave for the tour until my plan moves through.

After about half an hour of driving, I finally get to my destination. As soon as I'm out of the car, I sprint up to the front door and up the stair case, luckily without being spotted by any fans or paparazzi.

It takes a while, but eventually I get to the office in which my manager works. I push open the door slowly, smiling nervously when his head shoots up and he laughs. "Luke!" He beams, getting up from his spiny chair and walking over to me.

"Hey." I say back to him, embracing him in a quick bro hug and then sitting down in the seat across from him.

"So what did you need?" He asks abruptly, knowing that I didn't come in here for a quick chat about life.

"Well... what I need... is for my pregnant fiancée to come on tour with me." I say, crossing my hands on my lap and staring right into his eyes.

Paisleys pov

I laid there sobbing in Jocelyn's shoulder, I didn't know what to do, didn't know what to think. I thought that if he was angry, he would have at leased told me. But there was nothing, no emotion. So here I am, crying into a very pregnant woman's belly while she tries to calm me.

I hear footsteps, followed by Michael bursting into the room in only his underwear. He notices my state and Jocelyn immediately tells him to go find Luke. He takes off running, leaving the two of us alone again.

"It's okay Paisley, you're going to be fine." Jocelyn comforts, running her fingers through my messy hair in a soothing manner. I know she's trying her best, but it's not helping me very much.

"I don't think... He wants the baby... though. Jocelyn," I cry.

"You don't know that, maybe he just needs time to think." She suggests, I nod my head. She could be right.

I hear more footsteps coming towards the room and I instantly know it is Ana and Calum, I just hope her telling was more successful than my own.

They enter my room, smiles on their faces until they see me. I seem to be sucking the happiness out of everyone today. God I'm so awful.

"Go get Ashton." Ana says to calum, pecking his cheek lightly and walking over to me. I feel like such a baby, sitting here balling my eyes out into someone's shoulder. All because of him.