Chapter Thirteen

Paisleys pov

I wake up for a slight second, doctors are hovering over me. Their hands moving around expertly, some are touching my legs, some are right beside my head examining me. I'm numb all around, the only thing I can feel is the fingers on my right hand, and my eyelids when I blink. That's all.

I try to breath through my mouth, but there's something in my throat, stopping me from getting air. I begin to freak out. I start coughing, gagging, choking, all of it, I can't breath. My vision starts to go blurry, the doctors are yelling now, but I can't pick up what they are saying.

Probably something about me needing more of that sleeping medicine or whatever it's called.

"Breath through your nose." I hear someone say to me, their voice is one of power, so I instantly obey. I'm glad I did, because my vision cleared for a slight moment. However, when I felt the prick of a needle a minute later, everything went blurry again. And it was getting darker and darker by the second.

"How's the boy?" I hear faintly.

"Slowly improving, though I'm not so sure about her." He says, that's the last thing I hear before darkness fully consumes me.

Luke's pov

"Is he okay?" I hear a familiar voice ask. No doubt it's about me.
Yes, I'm okay.

I try and speak, but no sound comes out. I try and move but I'm stuck, I can't even open my eyes. I'm just stuck in a world of darkness, I can hear, and smell, but that's all. It's already making me mad and I've only been like this for about a minute. Wait... Why am I like this anyways?

"He'll be okay, he's just in shock." Another voice says, this time it's unfamiliar, I'm guessing it's the doctors voice. Why am I in shock?

"What about her?" The boy replies, now I realize that it's Ashton. His voice can be recognized anywhere, he's like a talking kangaroo. Seriously.

"Well... We're not entirely sure." The doctor delays. Who is he talking about? "We think she'll be alright, but it's to soon to tell whether or not the surgery will be effective." He speaks.

"Do you have to preform all of the surgeries right now?" Ashton asks, I can tell by the way his words were choked up, that he was about to cry. What is going on?

"I'm afraid so, Mr.Irwin... Ms.Leigh has suffered some serious damage to her body, she might not be able to fully recover if we let her wait it out. There is a high risk of infection, and with her injuries, she might not be able to fight it off." The doctor speaks. That last name sounds familiar.

Then I get a flash back.

"I... I love you too- LUKE!"

The voice sounds familiar, but I can't pinpoint exactly why. But at that sound, and at that memory, I grow sad.

I feel tears collect in my closed eyes, I try and force them open, luckily, this time it works. The doctor doesn't seem to notice, but Ashton does immediately.

"Luke!" He yells, running over to my bedside and lightly hugging me. I can tell he wants to hug me properly, but the machines hooked up to me are stopping him from doing anything further then what he just did.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I nod my head.

We sit there, just staring at eachother for a little while, probably like fifteen minutes before I speak up.