Chapter Eighteen

Some guy left this on my window... Thanks Shaun.

I wake up to the sound of screaming. It takes me a minute to realize that it is actually me screaming. My dad doesn't come rushing in like I thought he would, which is weird.

I had a nightmare. It was the same one I had been having for about two weeks. I would be on the road with Luke, just like before the accident. I would tell him that I love him, then I would see the truck coming. I would try and move but my feet were stuck. So I was forced to watch the truck come right at me, however, my nightmare would end right before the impact actually came.

I slowly sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. They were all wet, I guess today was one of the days where I cried. Sometimes I'll wake up balling my eyes out, sometimes I won't, it just depends how I am feeling the night before.

After a long time of staring up at the ceiling and trying desperately to fall back asleep, I just can't. So I do the only thing I can and I get up. I shuffle my body over so I am hovering over my bed, then I lower myself down into my wheelchair.

"Dad!" I call. No answer.

"Dad!" I yell louder, my voice cracks due to my previously crying state. I still get no answer, which worries me.

I push myself to the door and then to my dad's bedroom. The door is wide open and it looks way cleaner then it had before.

"Dad?" I call again, now growing a little scared. I push myself into his room and over to his bed. I am surprised when instead of finding him, I find a piece of paper.

'Hi baby girl. I'm needed at work, I'll be gone for a little while, probably only a week. But I have someone coming here to take care of you so don't worry. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, but I only found out shortly after you fell asleep and I chose not to wake you. I love you princess, love dad.'

Well fan-fûcking-tastic.

I sigh and push my self towards the stairs, debating on whether or not it's worth it to go down there.

I wheel myself back to my room and grab a change of clothes, a blanket, a pillow, my phone, my charger, and my portable speakers. Then I put them all in a bucket and throw the bucket down the stairs. All of it goes crashing down and I am seriously praying that none of it broke. I should've thought of the breakable stuff but it's okay, I'm sure it's fine.

I lower myself to the floor and fold up my wheel chair. It takes a little bit of effort, but eventually it works. I slide my wheel chair down the stairs, cringing every time it hits a new stair. I really hope I didn't break anything. Then I begin shuffling down the stairs.

Whoever invented that wheel chair ramp is a genius, I wish we had one at this moment, maybe then I wouldn't be sliding down a flight of stairs on my butt. It kind of hurts, and it's not like I can stop myself very easily since my arm is covered in casting, along with my leg and hand.

When I finally get to the bottom, I am almost certain that my butt is going to bruise. Ouch.

I sit up and fix my wheel chair again and then climb up. It's still dark in my house, I'm guessing it's around four in the morning, so I have a little trouble collecting the items that fell out of my bucket. I thank god when my phone and speakers aren't harmed.

Then I go to the living room and set up everything I will need before falling back asleep to the sound of my music playing quietly in the back ground.

Luke's pov

"So she doesn't know anything about this?" I ask, breathing in the sweet Australian air.

"Not a clue." Her dad says, smiling at me and patting my back.

"I appreciate you boys doing this for her, I know you would probably rather be at home with your families. So thank you." He adds, I smile a little, Jack and Ben will come visit in a while anyways, so I don't really care.

"It's really no problem. We love paisley like family, actually, she is our family." Ashton says, we hop into Paisleys dad's car and he starts driving. I admire the sight, I missed it here.

"Yeah, and thanks for picking us up." Calum adds.

"No problem, I have to be heading out anyways, I left her a note so when she does wake up you can give it to her, it's in my room." He says, we turn down the first road, the one I used to take every day to go to school.

We pass by the school and my mind replays all of the memories there, the memories continue till we pass by my house, I haven't put it up for sale yet, everything is still in there. Then my mind starts to play the memories from my house, from me and paisleys cuddling sessions, to me asking her out, everything.

Finally, we get to her house. I smile at the sight, it hasn't changed a bit, maybe a new paint job, but that's all.
Her house was always my favourite house, it has tons of great memories.

"Well, I'm going to be late for my flight, thank you again. Please take care of her for me." He says, he pulls the car into park and hands Ashton a key.

"Of course Mr.Leigh, have a safe flight." Ashton says, I'm surprised Michael has been so quiet. I think he's just a little upset that Jocelyn had to stay in Canada. Her parents moved over there and wanted her to stay for a while, so she couldn't come here.

We all exit the car and grab our luggage. We then walk up to the door and try and unlock it. But since it's dark, it's a little difficult, so it takes a couple attempts. But we eventually get in, making sure to be extra quiet.

I hear music coming from the living room, so I drop my bags and shuffle over there. I almost cheered when I saw paisley laying there, almost. But then I remembered that it was four o'clock in the morning and she was probably exhausted, so I simply lowered myself to the floor beside paisley, my back facing the couch, and I fell asleep. It was one of the best sleeps I have had in a while, just the fact that I knew paisley was only a foot away from me made me smile.

We were finally reunited.