Chapter Twenty Eight

After unsuccessfully trying to do an updo for my hair, I give up and re straighten it, then put loose curls in it so it's not so plain. There goes half an hour of my time.

I'm glad I started getting ready two hours before he wanted me ready. I've already wasted an hour of that by dancing around, singing in the shower and finishing up with making all the preparations- for something I don't even know what for.

Now it's seven thirty and I still have to do my make up and find an outfit.

I scrummage through my closet, making a complete and utter mess out of it, even though I just finished cleaning it yesterday. I try on various outfits, but all of them make me either look fat, or they are too slutty. Half of these are from my college years when I would drink myself to sleep every weekend at parties, I'm still surprised I never woke up beside anyone, signalling that I hadn't had drunk sex.

Finally I find a somewhat pretty dress. It will have to do. It's black at the top, then a floral pattern flows at the bottom. It goes to about mid thigh and it poofs out a little. I don't know where I got this, it doesn't even look like it's mine. It's probably Jocelyn's. Whoops.

I do my make up in a record time of twenty minutes, leaving me with half an hour left before Luke's going to be here. I smile at my appearance, I haven't tried this hard to look decent since high school. Not even college parties, I looked like crap with them since I wasn't really trying to impress any one. I only went for the booze and to have a good time with Justin or Jocelyn, dancing the night away.

I slip on some plain black flats and a brown belt, then I grab a small black purse and walk down the stairs. I go over to the oven where the lasagna is keeping warm and I start packing up all of the food into a hot-cold bag, so it keeps the food hot.

Then when I can't find anything else to do, I pull out my phone and call Jocelyn. She's probably up now, she's not known to nap for that long. It rings twice before I hear her answer.

"Hey paisley."

"Hey Josie, how are you?"

"Good, just woke up from my nap. Probably gonna eat some food now. How about you?" She laughs. I smile as I sit down on the kitchen stool and begin to speak.

"Pretty good. Just Got all ready for a date tonight." I say, she giggles a little. 

"He's such a romantic paisley. You better keep him." She tells me seriously. I frown a little at her change of tone.

"What's wrong babe?" I ask, she sighs into the phone, knowing that I know when she's sad, mad, scared, etc.

"Just thinking about stuff with Michael again. I just miss him. And you. I can't wait for you to come back, I need some girl company." She says, her tone lifting a little.

"Well you'll see the both of us soon. Since I'm all healed up I will be coming back to Manitoba right away." I say, slightly frowning again since I'm going to be leaving my dad again. And start working again. That part I'm kind of excited to do, I actually like my job, and I'm getting really bored over here since the boys are hardly ever here. At first it was because they were visiting their parents, but now it's because they are writing and recording.

"I know. I'm excited. Me and Ana have been hanging out lots and we are discussing possibly moving in together. We were also going to ask you if you wanted to move in, the more the merrier right? But then I remembered Justin, and how you already have that house with him, so that's probably not the best idea anymore. Hah." She chuckles humourlessly. My smile lifts but then fades again as I think about Justin.