Chapter Two

Can you spot the difference? Cause I can't and I've been trying to figure out why they have two pictures of Luke up there.... LMFAOOOOOOO

Paisley's pov

"Hey Justin, can you throw me my phone over there?" I call out. Seconds later Justin appears from behind the bathroom door and passes me my phone. "Thanks babe." I say, kissing his cheek.

I answer the phone before checking caller ID. Half the time I don't know who it is anyways.

"Hello." I speak in a business like voice. Mainly because this is my work phone and it's only proper to answer this way.

"Hi paisley." The manly voice responds.

"Ashton?" I say, smiling to myself. I haven't talked to him in so long. Maybe about two months but still.

"Hi babe, how are you?" He asks, giggling lightly at the end. One of my favourite parts about the kangaroo.

"I'm great! Justin finally moved in and I've gotten a shît load of clients in the past two weeks. How have you been?" I question while putting on some lipstick and putting my hair in a messy bun.

"Pretty good, yeah. I actually called for a reason this time though... We have a show in about a week in Manitoba. And I just happen to have front row tickets for a very special girl and her best friend Jocelyn." Ashton says through the receiver. I am happy for the slightest moment, thinking of all the fun we could have, but then my mind wanders to him.

The jackass.

He's obviously going to be there.

"Paisley?" Ashton speaks through the phone after a couple minutes of me thinking about all of this.

"Uhh, yeah sure. Why not?" I say, shaking my head at myself through the mirror. I already know this is going to end bad, I can feel it. "Okay great!" He says.

"I love you Ashton, but I have to go to work now." I sigh, disappointed that I have to hang up now.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you Paisley." He says, then hangs up.

I slip my phone back into my pocket and then walk out of the bathroom in my orthodontic gear and grab my lunch.

"Love you Justin, see you later for supper." I call, then I exit our shared house. I walk to my old car, the same one I have had since I first moved here, and I begin to drive to work.

I already know I'm going to be late, but it doesn't really matter,
I own the place anyways.

If you are wondering. Yes, I bailed out of massage therapy. My dad wanted me to take it, but it wasn't my thing, plus it was really hard to learn and memorize. But instead, I became an orthodontist and I enjoy it a lot actually. I'm making quite a bit of money, I live in a bigger house, and I have lots of money put away in the bank. I'm pretty much set for life.

Me and Jocelyn are still bestfriends, her and Michael are still going strong after four years. I'm proud of them, at leased they cared enough about their relationship to work things out. I am just waiting for that day when she tells me that they are engaged.

Speaking of relationships...
To be completely honest, I still don't even know why Luke broke up with me in the first place. All I know is that he was my first love, and he tore my heart out. I remember spending a full week huddled in my room crying. By the end of it, my eyes were permanently swollen for at leased three days after I stopped.