Chapter Twenty-Eight

Începe de la început

"But not the way you like it."-Maria

"What do you mean?"

"She'll talk about the rules. Duh! Do you think she'll allow you to pass through it? Wala ka kayang special treatment." Maria dipped her brush her red paint and started to draw a heart in the middle of her hard board paper. She shrugged, "you're her girlfriend but that doesn't mean she'll let you pull her in the washroom and make out."

"What if she will?"

"That's not how I see Dennise. She's dedicated. Loyal to her work." She said before dipping another tiny brush in the black paint and draw a thunder storm inside the heart. "Broken heart."

I looked away from her and started to paint. I wasn't good at art, but then I was trying. Every dip of my brush seemed to get less harder as I look deep within my soul. My time was dedicated on my paintings, it seemed I was far away as my hands were doing some lines involuntarily.

I thought about Dennise, about us, alone in our own world. Then at last it came up pretty messed up and at the same time colourful.

"Is it good?" I asked Maria and looked up at her through my long lashes. She looked down and her mouth opened to say something but stopped and she seemed to have a second thought.

Her hand tried to touch it but I slapped her hand. She glared, "I can't find a word to describe it." She murmured and her eyes softened. "You really love her, don't you?."

"Who?"

"You know who."-Maria

"Well, Im not a good guesser, so who?"

"You know whom I talking about. Unless you love someone else and you're hooking up with someone else." She shrugged.

"What if I am?"

"Well, we're not doing anything, so we're not hooking up."-Maria

I burst out laughing. "Damn! I didn't know you're that conceited." My brushed accidentally touched her white blouse. "Oh!"

"Hey!" Then we started the fun part of art. We dipped our brushes in different colours and brushed it to one another. "Oh My Gosh!" She screamed when we spilled accidentally spilled the white paint.

"Uh oh! Trouble." I whispered.

"Office please!" The teacher said pointing at the door without looking at us.

We were sitting together inside the main office as we were waiting for the president to call us. The office were quiet, except for the secretary who always talks to someone on the phone. She answered the third phone call and I almost fell off the couch when she called my name. I walked up, asked her what but she just pointed the door to Dennise's dad's office.

"With Maria?" I asked.

"No. Maria is allowed to go now." She replied covering the mouth piece of the telephone.

"What? Why only me?"

The secretary bit her lip from annoyance. "I don't know. But that's the president's orders."

"To let her go even though she's the one who caused trouble?!"

The secretary rolled her eyes, "Maria, you can go. Have a great one!"

"That's what she said." Maria grinned, "goodluck!" And with that she left me alone with the secretary.

I made my way towards the door. My heart were beating so fast, pumping hot blood all through out my body. I felt my palms started sweating. I couldn't even turn the doorknob because of how sweaty my palms were. The silence were killing me. And before I knew it the secretary walked up beside me and opened the door.