The Charming (Chris and Eloise)

I was thinking about my best friend Chris. He was charming and funny and by far the coolest guy to hang out with, I was surprised he didn't have a girlfriend, and yet relieved. I had a huge crush on him. Since forever, or at least since fifth grade. We met in kindergarten. I started "like liking" him when I started to discern emotions.
The best thing about being best friends is that we could act goofy and cuddly and not care, because for us, it was normal, I just wished there was more, but I didn't think he'd like me back, that way anyways.
I was waiting at my locker, fighting with books and stuff. Suddenly I felt someone cover my eyes and whisper "guess who" in a creepy voice.
"The Easter bunny!" I nearly shouted, even though I knew it was Chris because he was the only person who did that to me.
"Close" he says as I turn around to give him a hug and a warm smile.
"How was that close?" I ask.
"I ate a carrot today" he smiles.
"Ah. So what do you wanna do after school?" I ask.
"I would very much enjoy a trip to the beach" he says.
"Okay, be here right after the bell, and we'll go to the beach" I say, Thankfully it was warm enough to go to the beach.

During class I kept thinking about Chris. I really liked him. But I didn't want to mess up the amazing friendship we already had, I just feared that if he ever had a girlfriend he would forget about me.
The bell rings to get out of final class so I ran to my locker and dispose my books, when Chris sneaks up behind me and picks me up by my waist, spinning me around a little.
"Ready?" he asks
"Yes!" I smile before shutting the locker. Once we get out of school I climb on his back and he piggy backs me on the five minute walk to the beach. I loved piggy-backing. I rested my head on his shoulder.
"You tired Eloise?" he asks.
"Nah, it's just comfortable like this" I smile.

We reached the beach. He put me down and sat in the sand.
"Okay we're here, what do you want to do?" I ask.
"Just put your stuff down and relax for a minute" he says. I put my bag down and kicked my flip flops off, and just sat there for a minute. I fiddled with the warm sand and enjoyed the suns rays and the little cool breeze. Chris got up so I followed his suit. Just as I turned away he picked me up bridal style.
"Chris put me down!" I shout. He just laughs and carries me to the water. He stand in the water.
"Please don't drop me in the water" I beg and look him directly in the eyes and give him desperate puppy dog eyes. He smiles and gently puts me down, on my feet at least.
"Do you really think I'd drop you El?" he asks.
"Yes" I answer.
"It's like you don't trust me" he pretends to act hurt.
"I trust you.....Just not in water" I laugh. There was a moment of silence, we both were standing in the water just looking into each other's eyes. I felt a small butterfly there.
He pulls me into a hug quickly, I don't ask questions, I just hug back.
"What was that for?" I ask when he lets go.
"I love you" he says nervously.
"You love me?" I ask.
"With all my heart" he says. I couldn't respond to his sweetness so I just pulled him in for another hug which he gladly accepted.
"I love you too" I said, "I just didn't want to ruin our friendship"
"That can't ruin us, love is love, and I've always loved you" he smiles. He cups my face into his hands and crashes his lips onto mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back.
"You don't know how long I've waited for this" I whisper.
"Me too" he whispers back. We share another small kiss and hug before he picks me up bridal style and carries me back to the sand. We both sat down and he grabs a stick and starts scribbling in the sand. 'Will you be mine? []yes []no'
I took the stick from him and checked off the yes box and add a smiley face next to it. He looks down at it and smiles as I peck him in the cheek.
He wraps his arms around me and pulls me onto his lap as I lay my head on his chest. Enjoying every second together.
"I love you Eloise" he says.
"I love you too Chris" I answer, meaning every single word.