The Soulmate (Daniel and Austin)

Another lonely night in my stupid empty house full of emptiness I thought as I got out of my house locking the door behind me. I began my five minute walk to school. I plugged my ears with my headphones as I listened to one of my favorite songs. I walked looking down at the ground it had been snowing since last night. It was ironic to me it snowed this day... The dark day, the day my both of my parents died for that fire. I would've died to but I had to be so lucky to survive. Lucky my ass. I would've preferred to die with them to end up all alone.

One year

That's how long it has been since they passed away and my life has been pure hell. My friends left me because they say I'm too depressing. Yeah, no shit. If it would've happened to them I bet they'd be the same way or worst. I would've staid with them if that had happened to them no matter how depressing they'd be because that's the kind of person I am. Guess now I know what kind of person they are.

I sighed and it was starting to get so cold I could see my breaths. I pulled my scarf higher so it would cover my mouth and then shoved my hands deep into my pockets so they wouldn't freeze. Some parts of the side walk were frozen and slippery. I should've worn my combat boots. I could see the school from where I was, everyone was wearing winter clothes. It hasn't snow enough to cancel school so everyone was complaining about the cold weather. I wasn't I was actually kind of glad that school wasn't canceled because then I would had to stay in home all day alone. At least in school I have company even if it was just people that didn't even know I existed, I was glad since at least I wasn't alone.

The steps in front of the school were slippery so I was trying not to fall but in my last step I slipped. I was waiting for my fall that never came. I had my eyes shut but I could feel arms around me. I opened my eyes to find those deep eyes staring back at mine. I froze my whole world stopped. He gave me a half smile.

"You should be more careful, you know?" He said as he put me down. I stood in front of him unable to speak. He looked at me. "I'm Daniel, Daniel Morgado." He smiled.
"Austin..." I stuttered my name sounding stupid. He nodded.
"I know..." He knows my name?
"You do?" I asked as we both entered the school. I unwrapped the scarf from my face.
"Yeah, you're in my Spanish class." He said and I stopped in front of my locker.
"Oh right..." I said. I never had seen him there... on the other hand I always fall asleep in that class. I opened my locker and put my scarf in it then I closed it. He was still standing next to me just staring at me. "What is it?" I said frowning. He shook his head.
"N-nothing... um... I've got to go... It was an honor to save you. I'll see you around." He said looking down.
"Yeah... I'll see you around." I said as he began to walk away. I frowned as I watched him leave. I liked his company.

Lunch Time

I was sitting down alone in the cafeteria staring at my food. I wasn't a huge soup fan and it was cold now so I wasn't planning on eating it.

"Mind if I join you?" Someone said and I looked up to see Daniel. He was smiling lightly.
"Not at all..." I said forcing a small smile. He sat down in front of me and he began to eat his soup. "You're not hungry?" He asked looking at me before shoving a spoon full of soup into his mouth.
"Not really..." I said staring back at my plate.
"Why not? You don't like soup?" He said as he took another spoon full.
"Not much... Besides mine is cold." I admitted.
"Oh... well alright then." He said and continued to eat. There was an awkward silence, I didn't know what to say and he said nothing. He slurped the last of his coup from his bowl and looked at me. He studied my face. "You don't talk much do you?" I shook my head.
"I don't have much to say..." I admitted as I moved the spoon around my soup.
"I beg to differ..." He said studying my face. "I've been wondering if maybe... we could hang out after school." I looked at him he was looking down at the table biting his lower lip, which I found it undeniably cute. He looked at me from under his hair.
"I can't..." I whispered. He frowned.
"Why?" He said sounding a bit broken. I looked down at the table. Of course I wanted to hang out with him but... I couldn't today.
"It's been a year since my parents passed away. Today I'm going to the cemetery." I said frowning a bit staring at my soup.
"Maybe I could... join you, I mean if you don't mind because if you want to be alone I completely understand..." He said in a bit of a rush. I smiled slightly.
"Actually... that would be nice." He looked up at me with a spark in his eyes.
"So I can go?" He sounded like a little kid.
"Yeah... sure."
"Yes." He whispered to himself but I could obviously hear him. "We can go in my car." He suggested.
"That's better than walking especially in this weather." I nodded.
"Great." He smiled. The bell rang. "Well I'll see you after school. Meet me on the bottom of the steps... and Austin try not to fall this time." He smiled. I nodded.
"I'll try." I smiled at him.