The Werewolf (2) (Anika and Cameron)

It was a lazy saturday as usual in my house and I was very bored. There was nothing good on T.V. and I had just finished my book and was waiting for the sequel to come out. So, putting on a hoodie and some dark blue skinny jeans, I grabbed my hiking bad and headed to the woods behind my house. My hiking bag contaied a camera, my cell phone, sketch book, water bottle, beef jerkey and a first aid kit. I was sure footed but just in case I got hurt, I wanted to have it.
I had walked the small trail in the woods a hundred times, so I decided to explore on my own. The tall trees covered in bright green leaves were lovely and gave me shade from the sun. It wasn't warm today but it dulled down the brightness a bit so I wasn't blinded.
After a while of hiking, I heard a low, tormented howl of a wolf. Most people would be frightened, but I loved animals and nearly cried at the thought of one in pain. I rushed through trees and thickets, sticks scraping my cheeks but I didn't care. Soon I found the source of the wailing. A large, chocolatey brown wolf was in the middle of a small, grassy medow. He was bleeding profusely from the neck and was obviously in alot of pain. Cautiously, I approached him, palms up to show him I meant no harm. I held his gaze, wanting to produce an air of confidence and friendlieness. He growled as I neared but it soon faded into pained whines.
    I sat next to him, cooing soothing words, "Its going to be alright, I'll fix you up. You're okay now, you're safe with me. Good boy..." He relaxed slightly at my words, understanding you. The stiffness left him and I hurriedly fished through my back pack and got out water, a rag and some bandages. "Stay here." I ordered and jogged off to pick some fresh periwinkle plants that had healing properties to protect from infection. I found some and ran back. I washed the large wolf's wound gently, careful not to hurt him more. Every now and then he winced, but stayed calm. I packed the laceration with periwinkle and bandaged it securly.
    "There we go," I said, scratching behind his ears, "Good as new."
    Then, right before my own eyes, the wolf turned into a shaking, teenage boy with thick, dark hair and gorgeous eyes. I gasped and backed away a few feet.
    "P-please don't be scared." He begged, voice weak.
    "W-who are you? What are you? W-w-what just happened??" I stuttered, confused. He just blushed and looked down. I looked at him curiously and then falmed red realizing he was naked. "Oh! here!" I said, taking off my sweatshirt and laying over him, leaving me in a black and green stripped tank top.
    "Thanks." He sighed, and propped himself up on a tree trunk. Hesitantly, I sat down next to him.
    "So...what was that?" I asked after an akward silence, trying to keep my voice light.
    "Um I don't know if you can handle it." He muttered shyly. I scoffed.
    "I just approached and a giant freaking wolf who had been provoked and you don't think I can handle it? Try me!" I dared.
    He sighed and looked at me, accepting the challenge. "Well first off...I'm a werewolf." He paused to let that sink in. My eyes widened momentarily, but I suppressed a gasp and kept my calm composure. I motioned for him to go on so he did, looking at me as if I was crazy for not freaking out...which I guessed I was. But whatever. "Some other werewolves from another pack were messing with my sister, trying to corner her and harass her, so I stepped in. Things got ugly, but I told her to go home and stay there until I got back. We all got some good shots in, but they out numbered me and well... left me here for dead. Until you found me..." He said greatfully, and shyly took my hand. Through the shock, I still found it really cute.
I stared at him. "Wow...you're really brave." I breathed.
    "Please, can you tell me your name?"
"Anika." I replied, smiling a bit.
"I'm Cameron." He said, and my eyes moved to his neck which was bleeding again as the bandages came loose.
"Here Cameron, let me fix you up better." I went and got more periwinkle and re-bound the wound.
    "Thank you." He sighed and kissed my cheek sweetly. I giggled and helped him up, careful to look away as my sweatshirt dropped.
    "Alright, C'mon Wolf boy," I giggled, "Lets get you some pants!"

    A month later it was Cameron's 18th birthday and the Silver Plains pack and I were throwing him a suprise party. I grew very close to Cameron and the pack, they were like family to me now! All the green banners and the red velvet cake was set up. The alpha (a.k.a Cameron and Leana's (his sister) dad) was out grilling steaks. It was all set, now we just waited in the dark.
    At exactly 6:00 p.m. Cam came through the door saying "Dad, Leana, mom I'm home!"
He switched on the lights and all 20 of us yelled "SUPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in sync. Cameron laughed and said thank you to everyone, especially me. He came ups and gave me a big, warm hug that gave me butterflies. Even though most would categorize Cam as a "monster", I was falling hard for him. After the cake and presents and stake, everyone sort of just did there own thing. I was chatting with some pack girls my age, Lizzy and Carmen, when I felt a familiar tap on my shoulders. I turned around into Cameron's open arms.
    "Happy birthday wolf boy." I whispered, kissing his cheek. He chuckled in that low, melodic way of his and brought his mouth to my ear.
    "Can we go somewhere quieter?" He asked in a pleading whisper.
    I grinned, he never was one for crowds, even if he loved his pack more than anything. "Sure." He smiled and led me to his room. I plopped down on his bed and waited for him to colapse next to me like normal. But he didn't. I looked up to see him pacing nervously, looking anywhere but at me.
    "Cam, what's up?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbows. He looked at me then, going still. His gaze held such longing and intensity that my breath caught, but I waited patiently for him to go on. "You know werewolves find their mates when they turn 18 right?" I nodded, my heart slowly getting ripped out. Was he telling me that since he was gonna find her soon he never wanted to see me again?
    "Anika... I..." But instead of continuing he crashed his warm lips on to mine. He pulled me close to him, and leaned his forehead against mine.
    "I love you Anika." He murmured sweetly. I smiled
    "I love you too Wolf boy."
    He grinned like he won the lottery and kissed me again deeper, slower and with more confidence. It absolutely made me melt.
    "Be mine mate?" He mumbled against my lips. I grinned and pecked him once more.
    "Always"