The Single Dad (Carson and Hallie)

"Shhhhh, Gabriella mommy is right here." I picked up my one month old daughter. She was crying in the middle of the night for food. I lifted my shirt and brought her to my breast.
No, I wasn't a whore, I was sexually abused last year, as a junior in high school. Last year, my friends left me and I was called so many names every day, At first it hurt but after a while, nothing seemed to sting anymore. All I cared about was me, my dad and Gabriella.
My mother left right after I showed her the pregnancy test, but my father stayed with me the whole time, he may not understand but he loves me.
"Gabriella, mommy's right here" I repeated again and again. I had dropped out of high school but I took online classes so it wasn't too bad. Money with the least of my worries, my grandmother and grandfather left me their savings. Not only was I not using it, but I was saving it up for Gabriella's college fund.
I placed Gabriella down in the crib next to my bed and fell back asleep.
"Hallie, honey, wake up." it was my dad; he was so nice of waking me up before he went to work. He only works on Wednesdays and Thursdays, he was a writer and they needed isolation.
"Thank you dad." I told him.
He reached a hand in the crib and touched his first grandchild. "Good morning Gabriella," He whispered not wanting to wake her up.

My dad had left. I jumped in the shower, taking the baby monitor with me in case Gabriella woke up and needed something. I made it through my shower with no problem and quickly changed into my favorite shirt and some white shorts. I quickly ran a brush through my wet hair and didn't bother doing anything with it.
When I entered my room I saw Gabriella awake and she was trying to grab her toes. I picked her up and held her close to my heart, kissing her for head.
I changed Gabriella into some day clothes and placed her in her carrier that buckled into the car seat.
"Gabriella, we have to go get a checkup."I told her as I parked into the doctors office.
I didn't see a lot of people, there were about four people in the room not counting me. There was a couple with the baby in their lap, new parents. Then another couple that had two other kids running and playing around the room. Then there was a stripper looking girl in the corner with the baby who she was trying to teach to walk. And then, last, closest to me, there was a guy with amazing dark brown hair and he held a little baby boy was probably almost one now.
"Oh Gabriella!" A nurse cold. It was one of my only friends, Isabel, I met her here when I was resting in the hospital. She came and talk to me every day and told me everything she knew about Gabriella's growth.
"Hi, Isabel." I greeted her.
"Hey Hallie, feeling better today?" she asked.
"Yes." I smiled at her.
"I'll take care of paperwork, take a seat" Isabel was three years older than me but she didn't care if I was younger or with baby, she knew I was abused.
I nodded her way and then took a seat next to the cute guy.
"Hey, you're a new mom?" He asked as I picked up Gabriella.
"Um, yeah"
"She's beautiful, her dad must be proud."
My eyes started to get tears. "She doesn't have a father." I muttered.
He looked at me with those amazing eyes, "Did he die?"
"No, I was r-raped" I stuttered out, I wasn't thinking. Why was I telling him all of this? I didn't even know his name.
"Oh, I am so sorry."he patted my back.
"Who is this?" I asked him pointing to the little boy.
"This is Mason,"
"Well, hello Mason," I tickled him and he giggled and kissed my fingers.
"Awe!" I cheered.
"Carson? Hallie?" My name was called and someone else's too. I got up and the cute guy next to me got up along with me.
"The doctor is on a time crunch and she needs to check your babies together." The nurse quickly explained.
"Oh, I see," I told her and Carson agreed.
"How did you get Mason?" I blurted out. It didn't make any sense but luckily, he understood what I was asking.
"My ex-girlfriend and I had a one night stand and we found out she was pregnant. She was a whore and didn't want the baby but I loved kids. So after she had him, she signed of the papers and got out of the hospital as fast as she could." He sighed as he gazed down slightly at Mason.
"I'm sorry but, she's a bitch."
He chuckled, "Yes, yes she is."
"Hallie?" I heard someone ask. It was my doctor, Dr Mah had also delivered Gabriella a month ago.
"Oh hi, baby!" She greeted Gabriella. I smiled at her and handed her my daughter. She weighed her, checked her stomach and listened to her heart.
"She looks healthy," She smiled.
"I'm glad." I told her. I sighed in relief as I redressed Gabriella. As I held her, I stared at Carson. I ended up waiting for Carson and Mason to finish their exam.
"So do you want to go to the park." He asked after he got Mason in his car seat. My car was right next to his. I clicked Gabriella into her car seat as I answered him.
"Sure." I giggled at him.
I jumped in my car and followed Carson to the local park.
We picked out a place in the grass on the small hill and sat down next to each other, we of course, covered Gabriella from the sun. Mason went out and play in the grass about a foot or two from us.