The bullied (Niall and Elsa)

I sat down tired of the usual drama that happened. I just wanted a break from it all. The bullying. The rumors. The whole 'I'm more popular than you'. It was starting to get to me. Nobody deserved to be bullied but nobody at school seemed to understand. Except for the victims of course. I frowned as I saw the jocks walking up to kids in calculus and making fun of them just because they were smarter. I knitted my eyebrows in frustration. Why do people have to be so mean? And why don't they understand that calling someone fat doesn't make you skinny. I shook it off and walked away from the scene. I walked to my locker and grabbed my books. Time to go home. Finally. I grabbed my stuff and got ready. I turned away from my locker and walked to the art room. Usually I came here to just relax and clear my mind. I sat and planned out my canvas. I grabbed some paint and thought. I decided to draw imagination. How? I was going to just draw a bunch of things that symbolizes things people think about. I started dipping my brush in the color of my choice. I glided the paint brush across the page. I smiled. I loved painting and just everything that had to with art. It was one of things that I could do to just express myself. People sometimes have trouble listening to words but when I camouflage the words in a drawing or poem or something it becomes easier to understand. I brushed the hair out of my face. I just continued to paint until I heard something that startled me. It sounded like a camera flash. I raised and eyebrow and looked around. I didn't see anybody. I looked at the door and I saw a cute boy with glasses standing there with his camera. He must of made the noise. "Um hi," I said awkwardly. He shyly looked at me and then back at the floor. "Hi," he replied. I smiled at his cuteness. There was nothing cuter than a shy boy.

        "What's your name, I'm Elsa" I asked putting the paint brushes away. He looked up at me and gave me a slight smile. Even though he was smiling I could tell he was faking. Is his lip bleeding? I felt angry that a boy like him would get hurt like that. He slowly walked up to me. "Uh Niall," he said. I instantly fell in love with his name. Why would you make fun of someone like him? He's amazing. I invited him to sit next to me. "So Niall tell me about yourself." He took a minute to think but then soon replied. "Um well I'm sort of considered a nerd." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm a photographer. I really love art and taking pictures. I'm really good at math. I don't mean to brag. I'm not really considered a popular kid and never will be. I'm just a person that's trying to survive high school I guess." Again I felt that sadness when he said that was considered a nerd by others. Should I ask why his lip was bleeding? I decided to ask just in case it was something that I could help prevent from happening again. "Um Niall why was your lip bleeding?" He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. "Oh. I just walked into a pole. No big deal." I could tell he was lying but I didn't want to confront him because it was his business and he would tell me the truth when he was ready. I knew that the bullies had done that to him. I really didn't understand why though. Jealousy. Niall stood up and grabbed his camera. "Sorry but I have to go," he said quietly. I nodded understandingly and waved goodbye. If only people today could see what I could see. If only they could see that words hurt. If only they understand that what doesn't kill you doesn't always make you stronger. That there's going to be a time in life when you look back and say 'Why did I do that' but once that time comes and its going to be to late. You can't go back in time and change things but you can stop what you're doing and fix things. Things aren't always easy. I looked at the time and decided to walk home.

        I got up from where I was sitting and left the art room still thinking about Niall. I wanted to see him again. But this time I wanted to see him smile fully. I imagined how cute his smile would look. I walked out the school doors and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I continued to walk. I walked past an alley and heard some grunts. I was confused and scared. I didn't know what was there and I honestly didn't want to find out but something was telling me to check. I took a deep breathe. I walked into the alley and saw some kids from school. I noticed that it was none other than Chase and the jocks. I wondered what they were all doing but once I saw Niall on the floor, I quickly walked up to them. I pushed the boys off Niall. They all had confused on their faces. "What the hell are you doing," I shouted at them. Chase spoke up. "We were just beating up this nerd over here." I gave him a disgusted face. "And that's okay?! He is a person! He does not deserve any of this. Nobody deserves this. I don't what makes you think that you are any better than him! He is not a nerd! He is smart. Something that you will never be. Something you will never be close to being." Chase and the jocks looked shocked. They stood there for a while letting what I said sink in their mind but they soon ran away like the losers they were. I turned around to face Niall and helped him off the floor. He had scars and bruises all over him. He had many cuts and it made me feel horrible to see him like this. I led him to my house. I took him to my room and laid him down on my bed. I grabbed the first aid kit. I grabbed the stingy spray that I put on my cuts and scars. I helped him take off his shirt. I looked at the cuts on his chest and lower abdomen. I felt butterflies in my stomach when I saw how toned his abs were. I grabbed the spray. "I'm not going to lie to you," I said with a slight smile. "This is going to hurt."

        He nodded. I sprayed his cut and he winced lightly. I quickly disinfected and bandaged it. Once I finished bandaging all his wounds he tapped me on the shoulder. "Elsa," he asked nervously. I looked at him sympathetically. "Yeah?"
"Why did you stand up for me?" Why would he ask that question? "Because Niall, you don't deserve that. Nobody does. You're a smart and handsome guy. They're just jealous of you and I wasn't going to let them get away with it." He smiled and nodded.
"But why do you care so much? Nobody usually does." Because I love him. I blushed and felt a little nervous about what I was about to say but I toughened up. "Because I-I love you." His eyes widened. His shocked face quickly turned into a huge grin.
"I love you too," he replied. He was still in his laying down position shirtless, so I lowered my head slowly and planted a soft kiss on his lips. I now believe the saying, 'It will all be good in the end and if it isn't good than it isn't the end'.