The Secret Admirer (Mary and Julian)

"So you going to go the dance," my friend Vanessa asked me as I walked down the halls. I scrunched up my nose and shrugged. "I'm not really sure. Isn't it going to be kinda weird going without a date?" She smirked playfully. "No date huh? Give it some time. You might be surprised," she told me with a wink. And with that she walked away. I made a skeptical face. Alrighty then...I walked up to my locker and opened it without looking up. I put my books away and grabbed all the stuff I needed. When I looked up to grab my stuff, I noticed that there was a piece of paper. I knitted my eyebrows and picked up the paper. It was folded and has some sort of a decorated border. I unfolded the paper and I saw that there was writing inside. What is this? I read the paper:
"Mary, Just to say I love you never seems enough. I've said it so many times, I'm afraid you don't understand. How can so much feeling, so much admiration possibly fit into those three little words. But until I find another way to tell you what I feel 'I love you' will have to do. And until I'm ready to tell you in person we will just have to meet through paper. So no matter how many times I say it, never take it lightly, for you are my life, and my only love. I love you now more than ever before." I felt little butterflies in my stomach. I was so flattered. However, I longed to find out who wrote it. It was a beautiful poem. I continued to blush and gush to myself about how sweet and cute the poem was until I realized what Vanessa has said earlier. It started to make me wonder; Did what she said have to do with this? Does she know who wrote it? I pushed the thoughts our of my mind and went on with the day. After school today there was supposed to be some sort of pep rally so I would ask her then. While walking over to study hall I saw my friend, Julian. I had a little crush on him but I knew he would never like me back so I tried to forget about it. "Hey Mary," he said coming up to me. I shyly waved back. Julian was a bit shy himself but I didn't really mind. That was one of the reasons why I found him so endearing.

"Are you going to the dance tomorrow night," I asked him trying not to sound like a stalker. "Uh I don't know really. I'm not really sure. There's this girl I really wanna go with but I'm not really sure she's gonna like me ya'know? Like I can barely talk to her in general, nevermind tell her how I feel." I felt like my heart was just ripped out of my chest but I just nodded and shook it off. Guess I was right. I walked past the school player Marco who at the moment was flirting with just about any girl he looked at. I waited outside class clutching my books against my chest. I felt someone else's presence. I looked to my side and saw Marco standing next to me with a crooked smile on his face "What do you want," I spat at him which just made his smile grow. I rolled my eyes and moved away from him. Does he have an off button? I pushed past some kids and tried to go as far away from him as possible. The door opened and I could finally go to class. I sat down in my usual spot, setting my books down on the desk. Our teacher turned her back to the class and faced the chalk board. Once she started writing I felt a small tapping on my shoulder. I sighed and looked behind me. I found myself looking at Marco. He was trying to mouth something to me. I didn't really understand what he was trying to say. The part that surprised me was that he actually looked sincere which for Marco, was very very unusual. "I have to tell you something," he whispered to me. I nodded. I waited in my seat and listened to the lesson the teacher was teaching. I looked down at my paper and scribbled down the things our teacher wrote on the board. I heard footsteps behind me. "It was me. I wrote the note," Marco whispered in my ear. I knitted my eyebrows. He walked back to his seat and started working again.

The bell rang and the pep rally was about to start. I was very confused. I didn't know what was going on. Marco said he wrote the note and I didn't tell anyone about it. How else would have known about the note if he didn't write it? The thought of him writing the note made me feel weird. I walked up to the gym and looked around for my friends. You found Vanessa and felt a wave of relief. "Hey," she said smiling widely. "You alright Mary? You looked a little confused." I shrugged and thought about what was going on. "I don't know I- I just. Its all so weird. This morning I found a note in my locker and I didn't know who it was from. It was so sweet and cute- I loved it! I like fell in love with the note. And then later on before class Marco was bothering me. I told him to leave me alone. Then during class he told me he needed to talk me. I ignored him and started writing the stuff the teacher wrote on the board and that was when he told me it was him who wrote the note and I don't know what's going on... or what to do?!" She raised an eyebrow. "Okay," she said looking at me in the eyes. "Calm down. Take a deep breathe. What exactly did the note say? Bring it to me." I nodded. I pushed past the crowds of kids walking in and wandered the hallways in search for my locker. Why did I leave it in my locker. I ran past a wall and before I walked up to my locker. I saw that there was someone else already there. I watched from afar. The person opened my locker and dropped a note inside. Who is that? Why doesn't he turn around? I waited there quietly until the guy turned around. When I saw who it was I gasped. Maybe a little too loudly. It was Julian. I smiled to myself. He must have noticed I was there because his eyes widened once he looked my way. I gave a slight wave and awkwardly walked up to him. He looked down to the floor and scratched the back of his neck. He is so adorable. He waved back just as awkwardly as I had.

"Uh hey," he said to me. I laughed lightly. "Well. I guess now is probably the best time to tell you so uh, I wrote the note. I do love you. I think your amazing. I can't seem to stop thinking about you and I know. I'm not the most popular guy. I'm a bit more quiet and shy but that doesn't change the fact that I love you. You probably wanted the guy who wrote it to be one of the jocks and I'm sorr-," I kissed him midsentence. He smiled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around my waist. We both pulled away glowing. "Shut up. I love you too and to be honest I always have."