The Best friend (Lisa and Sam)

I smiled when I woke up knowing that today was the day my best friend Sam and I were going to hang out after school. I got ready and walked to school. I looked around the hallway looking for Sam. While I was rummaging around the hallway I bumped into the cutest boy in school, well that's what the popular kids think. I apologized and couldn't help but blush. I spotted Sam next to locker so I rushed over to him. "Hi," I said smiling. He raised an eyebrow.
"Hey. Why is your face so red?" Should I tell him? He's my bestfriend. He won't care. "Oh I just bumped into Justin (cute dude's name)." He looked a little confused but quickly recovered. What's his problem? I continued to walk around and go to classes with Sam. He was acting a little distant but I pretended I didn't notice. School ended and it was time for me and Sam to just chill. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Every couple weeks we have a sleepover and take a break from school. These past couple weeks I've been getting a lot of homework and assignments. I was in desperate need for a break. And I was really happy to know that I could just take that break with my best friend. I walked with him to his house. "So what do you want to do later," I asked.
He just shrugged. I rolled my eyes. Usually he was so open and happy about this kind of thing but today he was acting really weird. What is up with him? He's being a jerk. He never does this? "Okay well do you want to watch a movie or something," I asked trying to start up a conversation but again he just shrugged. I ignored his annoying behavior and just continued to walk. We reached his house and both walked over to the den. The place where we usually hung out. "Wanna play truth or dare or something?" He scrunched his nose in a cute way bit then nodded.

We both sat down around the carpet on the floor. "Uh you go first," I said happily. He nodded. He adjusted his sitting position but then asked me. "Truth or dare?" Dare. No truth. Do truth. No dare. I'm a brave girl. I can do a little dare. It won't be hard. I thought about it for a while but then decided to just go with truth. Sam nodded. "Uh do you like someone?" I didn't know what to say. I had a crush on someone but it was him. I couldn't tell my best friend I liked him. It would ruin everything. And on top of everything he's already acting like he doesn't like me. I nodded shamefully. He just chuckled. We continued with the game even though I was blushing. "Truth or dare," I asked. He smiled. "Dare," he replied confidently. Hmm well he did say last time we played this game he liked a girl. I should dare him to do something that has to do with that. "I dare you to tell your crush you like her," I said to him sad that I couldn't be that girl. His eyes widened. "No," he replied simply. "I am not going to do that. No. She doesn't like me back. She likes someone else and its really obvious." I shook my head. "C'mon. Who doesn't like you? You're amazing. She's going to love you. But if you're not going to do it then you have to at least tell me about her," I said looking at him with kind eyes. He looked down but started telling me about the 'oh so amazing' girl I wanted to be. "Well uh she's really optimistic she likes to make the best out of situations. She likes to just chill out sometimes, she doesn't really like to be busy. She's really pretty but she doesn't notice it. She blushes very easily but I think its totally adorable." I could tell by the look of his face that he really liked her. Whenever he spoke he just spoke as if he were in total awe. I smiled slightly for his sake. If only he knew.

We both decided to watch a movie. The movie we ended up watching was the Titanic. In the middle of the movie I got a text. I looked at my phone and noticed that it was from Justin. I raised an eyebrow. When did he get my number? Honestly I didn't like Justin. He may be cute but he didn't have half the smarts or personality Sam had. To other girls Justin was totally hot but I didn't feel the same. I read the text. 'Hey wanna hang out sometime?' I denied. I didn't like him and didn't want to go out with him. Sam looked towards me. "Who are you texting," he asked with knitted eyebrows. I put my phone back in my pocket. "Oh just Justin," I replied. He made a bit of an angry face and looked away. The movie ended but it was only 8. You looked back over to him. "Anything you wanna do," you asked. He didn't reply. It was starting to really anger me. We were best friends and he was just ignoring me as if I didn't exist. What did I do wrong? I didn't know why he was mad but I was determined to find out. I just wanted the old Sam back. "What's up with you," I asked him. "Why are you acting like this? I don't know what I did. But I'm sorry. I don't remember doing anything but I'm going to apologize anyways because I just want the old you back. I don't like it when you ignore me. We're best friends." He turned around to face me with a hurt look on his face. "See. That's the thing. We're best friends." My heart beat sped a bit. Does he not want to be my friend or something? "I love you Lisa. I love you. I don't want to be your best friend I want to be your boyfriend. I love when you get frustrated and you knit you eyebrows. I love the way you laugh when things get awkward. I love your personality. Your intelligence. Your smile. You help me get through the week. I don't know how I managed to hide my feelings for this long but I love you and I know you don't love me back because I know you like Justin. But I'm just happy I got this off my ches-," I kissed him.

With all my might and emotion I kissed him. I kissed away the pain I felt when he described that mystery girl. But knowing it was me made me feel on top of the world. We both pulled back. "I love you too," I whispered. "And don't you even forget that."