BFF's crush's best friend (Fate and Matt)

"THE SCHOOL CARWASH". I picked up the flyer and so did my best friend Delancy. "Oh this is going to be so fun," she squealed. I smiled and nodded. Today was the school carwash and we couldn't contain our excitement. We got to miss a whole day of school and have fun with water. "Look! There's Matt and Brandon! Let's go," she said pointing to our other two friends. We both ran up to them and talked to them about how pumped we were for the car wash. "Hey Fate," Matt said to me. I blushed and waved. "We better get to class," I said. We all walked together into class and took our seats. I sat down next to Delancy and she whispered something in my ear. "You two totally like each other." I blushed. "Its obvious! He likes you and you like him. You guys are going to be the cutest. He'll probably ask you out today. You guys need to be partners for the car wash." I scrunched up my nose and looked over at her. "But what about you Delancy," I asked her. She smirked. "I'll be partners with Brandon." I laughed at her cheekiness. It was true. She liked Brandon and I liked Matt. Everybody told me that he liked me back but I didn't really believe them because he's never made a move. I shifted in my seat and looked towards the teacher who was holding a clipboard. "Okay guys! I need you all to partner up," she said happily. Delancy ran towards Brandon before Matt did. She fist pumped in the air when she did. Matt laughed and walked towards me. "Partners," he asked. I nodded. The class walked out the door and we all lined up outside where the car wash was going to take place. "Alright guys! Go get changed," our teacher announced. I grabbed my bag and ran to the bathroom with Delancy as fast as we could. We wanted to get there before the bathrooms got all crowded. I quickly changed into the swimsuit and cover up I brought. I walked out of the bathroom and so did Delancy. "Ready," she asked. I nodded eagerly. "Ready."

        I spotted Matt leaning against the hood of a car. I walked over to him and found myself blushing because he was shirtless. He chuckled and grabbed some of the sponges that were left there for us to wash the car with. I grabbed one and drenched it in water. I slid it against the car windows and so did Matt. "Man it's so hot," I said wiping some of the sweat off my forehead. He gave me smirk which made me a little bit curious. Although I wasn't quite sure why he smirked I continued to work and tried not to think about it. As I reached down to wet my sponge I felt ice cold water hit the back of my back and my head. I screamed loudly. My mouth was open and I looked over at Matt who was laughing. "You are sooo dead," I said to him. He looked as if he was amused. I grabbed one of the buckets of water and I poured it on him. He ran after me and I screamed again. I laughed as he chased me around the car. I felt myself get tired so I slowed down a bit. He grabbed the hose and sprayed it at me. I jumped up at the sudden cold water that hit my skin. I continued to run until he grabbed my wrist pulling me towards him. His face was a couple inches away from mine and he was looking into my eyes. I felt the strong urge to kiss him but I knew I had to fight it. I felt my face heat up and I took a step backwards. "I- uh just- sorry," I stuttered looking anywhere but at him. He shrugged. "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything," he replied. I didn't look at him but I could tell he was smirking. That smirk was always the death of me. The way he looked all sly and smug when he did it. I grabbed a sponge and continued to wash the car with him.

        It was finally time for us to take a break. After washing about 10 cars we both could just sit back and relax. I sat down under a tree and laid in the grass, playing around with it. Matt chuckled and looked out at the many cars that were lined up, waiting to be and were already washed. I felt his hand on mine which caused a me to shiver. He moved a little closer to me. We were shoulder to shoulder talking. My phone vibrated and I noticed that I got a text from Delancy. 'O my gosh! You guys are practically holding hands! Did he ask you out yet?' I pursed my lips and replied. 'Nope'. I looked back at Matt who was smiling. I got another text. 'Well he obviously likes you! So you should just ask him out!' I raised an eyebrow. 'What if he doesn't like me back! It's going to be awkward! I'm not going to just ask him out!' But her being her persistent self, kept telling me to do it. 'C'mon Fate! Just do it! Don't you want to take risks in your life! Do it! What have you got to loose?' I sighed and Matt must have noticed because he had a concerned look on his face. "Is everything okay," he asked worriedly. I nodded to reassure him. "Yup. Everything is good." He raised an eyebrow like I did earlier. "Everything doesn't seem okay. What's wrong," he asked facing me a little more. I shrugged. "Nothing. Promise." He looked a little hurt. "You're lying to me. C'mon just please tell me," he replied. I shook my head. His face went from a frown to a grin. "If you don't tell me I'm going to tickle you." My eyes widened and I immediately looked towards him. "You wouldn't dare," I retorted. He smirked. "Try me. So are you going to tell me?" Not believing that he was actually going to do it, I shook my head. He narrowed his eyes playfully. "Suit yourself," he whispered before his hands attacked my stomach and sides. I burst into fits of laughter and begged for him to stop.

        "Please," I breathed out. You laughed some more. "Okay. Okay. I'll tell you just please stop tickling me." He took a second to consider it but then he moved his hands from my stomach. I took a deep breathe. I looked towards him and prepared myself to tell him. "Its just- I don't know. Sometimes I think you like me back. You give me all the signs. You hold my hand sometimes and you almost kiss me. And you make me feel like we should be together but you don't ask me out. And it makes me wonder if I'm good enough. I mean you're so cute and funny and I'm just m-," he cut me off. "What do you mean? Fate. I don't ask you out because I'm nervous not because you're not good enough. If anything, I'm not good enough for you! You're amazing in just about every way. Yeah you're right. You are just you but you know what? I love you." I smiled shyly and pressed my lips against his. "I love you too," I whispered. "And you have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." He laughed. "I think I do."