Skater Best friend (Landon and Sasha)

I waved at my bestfriend, Landon, who was rushing down the hall with his skateboard in his hand. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I thought the principal said you couldn't bring your skateboard anymore," I said to him. He smiled. "What he doesn't know won't kill him," he replied hiding his skateboard behind his other belongings. I nodded and looked towards the office. I saw a girl I hadn't seen before. The secretary was handing her papers. "Hey. New girl," I whispered turning to Landon. He looked up from the locker and smiled. "We should talk to her, Sasha, Looks like she could use some friends. Hey! Why don't we invite her over to our annual Friday hang out today?" I felt a little bit of sadness come over me. The Friday hang out was Landon's and my thing, our girl and guy night out. I didn't want to share it with anybody else. However, even though I wasn't too fond of the idea, I nodded. I sighed quietly. Am I being selfish? I walked over to the office with Landon by my side. The girl was sitting on one of the chairs going through and reading the papers she was given. "Um hi," Landon sputtered. She looked up from her papers. The corner of her lips curving upwards into a little smirk. "We were just thinking that you're new in town and we were wondering if you'd maybe want to accompany us afterschool." She stared at Landon and nodded. "Sounds great," she squeaked. Landon ran his fingers through his hair and looked at the clock that hung on the wall. "I have to go. Coach is going to explode if I'm late to practice." The girl laughed as if Landon was telling the funniest joke in the world, which caused me to get a little confused. Landon walked away and left me there with her. "So uh what's your name," I asked trying to get to know her. Her eyes narrowed at me. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and looked at me up and down. I scratched the back of my neck feeling more and more uncomfortable by the minute. "Tara," she said firmly, her eyes still narrowed. I nodded. "So what brings you here," I asked with a nervous laugh.

        She stood up from her spot and looked at me once more. "None of your business," she spat before walking past me. What's her problem? I shook it off. Maybe she's just nervous. I mean it is her first day here. I would be a little nervous too. Through out the day I felt Tara's many glares. School finally ended and I rushed out of the classroom making my way over to Landon. I was running towards him but I stopped once I saw who he was talking to. Tara. She smirked at me. Landon waved at me. "Hey Sasha! c'mon," he said with a smile on his face. I gulped taking a few steps forward. "Alright well. Let's go to the arcade." I nodded. I walked along as Tara continued to tell Landon about her beauty pageant past. "And that's when I won my 15th award for most beautiful and intelligent," she said as we reached the entrance of the arcade. I rolled my eyes at her story. "Wanna play what we usually play," Landon asked walking towards me. I smiled and nodded. For the first time today I could hang out with Landon alone, even if it was only for a brief game. Tara's jaw clenched. She shot daggers at me and then ran up to a random game. She picked up the controller and she looked over at Landon. "Landon," she whined. "Come help me play this game." Landon knitted his eyebrows and gave me a sympathetic smile. "Sorry. I'm going to help her. We'll play later though. Alright?" I pursed my lips. Tara's pout turned into a big grin as Landon walked over to her. Landon grabbed her hands and placed them on the controller. He guided her through the game. Tara looked at me, out of the corner of her eye and she smirked. I felt something in the pit of my stomach. A-am I jealous? No. I can't be. I don't like Landon like that. Right? Do I? I was more than confused. I didn't know what I was feeling. I didn't like it when another girl was around Landon. I didn't like it all. Especially when she basically just threw herself at him. I liked Landon. And that was something I couldn't change.

        I bit my lip as Tara laughed at Landon's jokes. Even though they were cheesy. Maybe I should start laughing at his jokes. Even if they aren't funny. Maybe then he'll like me. Who am I kidding? He's my bestfriend. He would never think of me in that way. Landon placed his skateboard on the ground and started to ride on it. Tara clapped. "Wow," she squealed. "That was amazing Landy! Can you teach me how to do that?" Landon stepped off the skateboard and nodded. "Uh yeah sure," he said. "Just step on here. One foot on the board and the other on the floor. Use your other foot to guide you through." Tara stepped on and purposely lost her balance so Landon could catch her. She wobbled slightly and let out a little scream. Landon quickly rushed over and caught her. I tightened my fists and looked down at the floor. She wins. "Could you help me," Tara asked. He nodded a bit unsure but then placed his hands on her waist and pushed causing the skateboard to move forward. "Erm you're doing a good job," Landon commented as we rode into the skate park area. Tara hopped off the skateboard and kissed Landon's cheek. "Thank you," she whispered. She looked towards me with that same little smile and shrugged. The feeling in my stomach got worse. It got to a point where it hurt just seeing her around him. And her kissing his cheek? That just burned. I shut my eyes and took a deep breathe trying to calm myself down. Landon and I stood next to each other. Tara walked up to Landon and put her hand on his shoulder. "Landon," she pouted. "Would you be a doll and get me an ice cream?" She pointed towards the ice cream cart that was behind her. Tara reached out and gave him a five dollar bill. Landon nodded. When he left Tara looked straight towards me and glared. "You think you're so sweet," she spat. I raised an eyebrow. "Me? You're the one that acts like a sweetheart in front of Landon and then like a total snob to me!" She flicked her hair from her face and placed her hand on her hip.

        "Look," she threatened. "Just stay away from Landon, alright? He's mine. And only mine. Believe me, honey. He doesn't even like you." I closed my eyes and shook my head. "What are you talking about," I heard someone say. Landon walked up to the both of with an ice cream in his hand. "None of that is true." Tara rolled her eyes. "Look Landy. You choose. Me. Or her." Landon shook his head and raised his eyebrows. "I choose Sasha," he replied. "I'd choose over her anything." Tara clenched her fists and walked away boiling. Landon looked at me and smiled. "I chose you for a reason ya'know," Landon whispered putting my hand in his. "When I first met you, I had no idea you were going to be this important to me. We're bestfriends but I-I want to be so much more. Because you're the only one that can give me this feeling." I leaned in and smashed my lips to his. "Took you long enough."