Doctor's assistant (Zach and April)

I was sitting in my algebra class staring dreamily at the back of his head. It's Zach, we've had algebra together the past two years and I was absolutely in love with him, but it's hopeless. I've only ever talked to him once and he was a jerk to me the entire conversation. I've hear him talk to his friends and other people, but he's only talked like that to me. All I did was ask him questions about a project we were doing together, but I ended up just doing it all myself since I didn't like him snapping at me. I've always been sensitive with things like yelling, because when I was younger, my mum beat me and it always started with her yelling and snapping at me.
Anyways, I normally spend my time in algebra like this and I never worry because I've always been awesome at it and just get it quickly and easily. The bell suddenly rang, taking me out of my trance. I quickly packed up my stuff and went to lunch. I met up with my best friend, Cathalina. "Hey Apri-" Cathalina started to say, but was cut off when she tripped and fell. She's extremely clumsy and isn't embarrassed by it at all, "Damn you floor! Damn you to hell!" she started yelling at the floor. "Cathy, calm down!" I said as I helped her up. "But the floor-" she started. "No! Stop that and apologize!" I said pointing at the floor. "I'm sorry," she said sadly at the floor. We looked at each other and burst out laughing. We went and got our lunch and sat down. I was just talking with Cathalina when I got a phone call from my dad..

~Zach's P.O.V~
I watched as a look of pure terror came onto April's face and then she grabbed all her stuff and bolted out of the cafeteria leaving Cathalina pretty confused at the lunch table. I wonder what's wrong with her, I hope she's okay. Okay so I love April. She's the most beautiful, funny, smart and care-free person in the world. I've only ever talked to her once though and I was kind of a jerk. I was in a really bad mood, because someone spilled food all over me at lunch and I had to wear crappy clothes from the school. Since then if we are ever looking at each other she seems terrified of me. I didn't think it was that bad. Anyway, my friend, Benjamin just snapped me out of my daze. "Dude, you've been staring at that door for like 10 minutes, what the hell are you looking at?" he asked looking in the direction April was in. "Nothing, I was just thinking," I said, finally turning from the door. "About what? April?" he teased, I hit him in the back of the head and everyone else laughed. All my friends know how much I like April, and they're always messing with about it. "Shut up Ben," I said as the bell rang and I went to my next class.

*Dismissal*
I was walking to my car so I can get to the hospital, I work there after school and every other weekend, because of my dad. He's a doctor there and thinks I need to know the value of a dollar and all that; it was annoying at first because he was forcing me to, but after a while I got to know some patients, nurses and doctors, so I was more comfortable and actually have fun there. There's this one little girl there, Lily, she has cancer and is going through chemo, I love her, she's so sweet and adorable. She's got an older sister whom I've never met but she's very protective over, even though she's younger. She once told me that her sister was really upset because of some guy at her school and from what I've heard about her, I have no idea why anyone would ever be a jerk to her. Well, now I'm at the hospital, and as soon as I walk in, I see April in the waiting room crying into her hands..

~ April's P.O.V~
She's in critical condition right now. My dad was taking her from the hospital for a few hours to go to the zoo and on their way there a drunk driver crashed into the car. My dad's fine, but Lily's side of the car got hit and now she's in surgery. I was in the room with my dad, but after she told me what happened, I had to be alone for a little while. As I was sitting there I looked up for a second and saw Zach standing a few feet away from me, we locked eyes for a second and then I got up to leave back to my family. When I got into the hallway I felt a hand grab my wrist and turn me around, there stood Zach. "Are you okay?" he asked, calmly and it calmed me down a little bit for some reason. "I-I'm fine," I said softly. "No you aren't, you were crying, tell me why?" he asked me. "My sister and dad got in a car accident, I need to get back with my dad now," I said as I tried getting my wrist out of his grip, he was starting to scare me.
"Why are so afraid of me April?" he asked.  "I-I'm not a-afraid of you," I said, it was a half lie, I wasn't afraid of him, just that he'd hurt me like my mother. Some tears started going down my face just thinking about it, he lifted his hand and I flinched, but calmed down when he just wiped away my tears. "Did you just think I was going to hit you?" he asked, shocked, but then he got angry which scared me even more, "Who's hurt you April? I swear I'll kill them for hurting you," "M-My mother used to hit me, she's in jail now," I said slowly and soon I was engulfed in a hug. "I'm so, so sorry that happened to you April," he said into my hair, "Look, I have to tell you something right now before I chicken out. I love you April, I've loved you ever since I met you, but you've always been afraid of me, I now know why, but I didn't wanna make it worse so I just stayed away. I want you to know that if you gave me a chance, I will make sure nothing like that ever happens to you again," he said and then crashed his lips into mine, I kissed back almost immediately. He smiled into the kiss, "Does this mean you'll give me a chance?" "Yes," I said to him.

Lily ended up being okay after a few weeks. She also beat cancer within the next year and continued to be her happy self. Zach and I also lived happily ever after.