The Bully (2) (Adam and Shay-Lynn)

I was running. They were chasing me again. 'Faster, Faster! Go faster!' I thought. I could hear their steps right behind me. Their screams were right in my ears. I was running but I didn't feel my legs. Then suddenly I ran into a cliff and began falling. I was screaming and all they did was laughed as I fell. And then I hit the ground.
I sat up, breathing heavily. 'That nightmare...' I thought. I was sweating and my head hurt. I've been having that dream since this school year started. I threw my head in the pillow. Tears where streaming down my face. I had to go to school. I lazily got up, took a shower and got into my clothes. I fixed my hair covering my eyes... since in the left one I had a bruise. I sighed as I looked in the mirror . No wonder everyone hated me so much... Even I hated myself. My nightmares were bad but I was wondering what was worse, waking up or the nightmare. Last night Mom came drunk again... She was mad, I didn't do anything but it seems like everything was my fault.
I grabbed my backpack and swung it over one shoulder. I silently walk down stairs and saw Mom laying on the sofa passed out with a bottle of beer in her hand. I sighed. I open the door carefully trying not to wake her up and stepped out side closing the door softly behind. I started walking to school while listening to music. I was so tired, I didn't even know how was I still awake. As I got closer to school, more people stared at me or an occasional heater glared at me. I sighed deeply and got into school. I walked to my locker and then... Bam! I fell... most likely pushed. I groaned in pain... wasn't it enough I got beaten up last night. I hear the twisted laughter of my Bully come behind me.
I tried to stand up, but I fail, I was to weak and tired. Someone grabbed me from by the hoodie and pulled me up. Yup, It was Adam. He was way taller than me. I was thrown to a near by locker. I bit my lower lip as some tears escape my eyes. I wanted to scream in pain. "What's wrong Emo Slut? Did that hurt?" He laughed evilly. I hit the floor. I curled up into a little ball and cried silently. I was never in so much pain. He kept laughing at me. The bell rang and he said: "Well good bye, loser. I have to go now." I looked up at him and saw him smirking. Damn you Adam. I laid there a while, I didn't want to get up, for what? So I can fall down again! After a few minutes I found the strength to get up.

The whole day was shitty, hiding from everyone, running out of class, hiding in the rest room in lunch time. When the bell rang I ran out like a coward. I ran out of school. As I got out I notice I was the first one to come out, so I began walking... big mistake. "Hey! Loser! Come back here!" I heard someone yell. I gasped and began running. They ran after me. I ran faster. I got to my house and my hands were shaking I couldn't open the door. When I opened it, I quickly closed it and locked it. I was breathing heavily. God damn everyone! I walked into the kitchen and saw mom... Damn it! She was drunk. I starting backing up, hoping she didn't hear me... I was so wrong.
"You little bitch come and give a kiss to your mom!" She yelled at me. I stumbled to her and when I was about to give her a kiss on the cheek she slapped me right across my face. "Where were you?!"
"S-sc-school..." I stuttered holding my face with one hand. Her breathe smelled like pure alcohol... I was in trouble. She pushed me and I fell. I groan in pain.
"School! HUH?" She began to kick me. What the hell did I do? After a few minutes she stopped and I saw my chance. I didn't think twice and got up quickly and ran to my room. She chased me but she was to drunk and fell on the stairs. She began to scream insults at me. I locked the doors and grabbed my bag and started stuffing clothes, money, anything I could find that might help me survive. I heard her banging on my door. I looked at the window and open it. It was a big fall. I took my sheets and tied it to my bed. I threw it out the window and started to climb out. I jumped and got out. I started running. God knows how and run to the park the only safe place I could think of. When I got there I went to the lake. I sat under a tree next to the lake. I put my face and buried it in my bag. I began to cry, I yelled into the bag and just... cried.
I cried for a few minutes till I heard someone clear their throat. My head shoot up and right in front of me was... Adam.
"Are you okay?" He asked, no emotion showed in his face.
"Go away!" I yelled. "Go the fuck away! I'm miserable enough without you! Just leave!" I screamed at him. He looked at me with an mix of emotions... regret, pity and maybe even a bit hurt. He stepped closer and sat in front of me.
"Shay-Lynn. what's wrong? What happen?" He asked concerned.
"Nothing happen! Just leave me alone!" I yelled. Tears never stopped coming down my face. He sighed.
"Shay, please let me help..." He said looking at me carefully.
"Since when do you care?" I mumbled. He held his hand and carefully whipped away my tears.
"I... I just w-want to help... o-okay?" He stuttered. His touch was so ... nice. He carefully caressed my cheek. "W-what happen? Why are you crying? Is it because of what I did?" He asked worriedly.
"N-no... well... kind off." I said.

Adam's POV:

I felt so guilty! So damn guilty. I always had a crush on Shay, but knowing that she was too good for me infuriated me. Seeing her cry in school broke my heart and worst part it was because of me but now she was crying even harder... and she was alone, it was dark and she had a bag... why was she here?
"What is it?" I caressed her cheek, her skin was soft and cold. She was so cold. I looked into her eyes it was kind of hard since her hair was covering it.
"I... had to run ...away from ... home." She said looking down. "Mom... mom's taking things too far." She frown. My heart was breaking. How could I ever hurt this girl?
"S-she beat you?" She nodded and more tears rolled down her face. "I-I'm so... s-sorry." I felt like I was being strangled, I couldn't breathe. I carefully pulled her into a hug, she was shivering, it was cold out. Surprisingly she hugged back and cried into my chest. "Shh..." I whispered and stroked her hair. "Y-you can stay with me if you want..." I offered. "I live alone so... I have tons of space and I won't mind... I promise not to hurt you..." I whispered into her ear. "I wont' even touch you..." I said wanting her to trust me and come. I couldn't let her go back there or stay alone here. She pulled back and looked into my eyes.
"Y-you sure?" She stuttered. I nodded.
"Positive..." I said and gave her a small smile. She smiled a bit.
"O-okay..." She said whipping her tears.
"Here, I'll take you it's getting cold out here..." I said and picked her up carefully bridal style. She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head in my chest. I couldn't help but to smile. It felt... nice?
I took her to my house. My parents left me 2 years ago and they never came back. She had fallen asleep in my arms so I laid her in the guest room's bed. I was tired and laid next to her just to be with her for a little while. I accidentally fell asleep.

Your POV:

I woke up. I yawned and when I opened my eyes... I was shocked. Adam had his arms around me holding me against him. He was so warm. I smiled brightly, he was breathing softly and it was relaxing. I rested my head against his chest and cuddled against his chest. I smiled. Then I thought he can't be the same guy that bullied me. Was this a dream?
I stopped hearing his snores and then I heard him gasp. I looked at him. He was shocked... worried or scared maybe? He unwrapped his arms and said: "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to... I... I fell asleep I'm sorry." His words rushed out and he was blushing madly. I chuckled a bit.
"It's okay..." I said burring my head in his chest. "I... kind of liked it." He sighed in relief and wrapped his arms around me again and whispered: "Good." He kissed my head and I looked up at him. I felt this urge to kiss him but I was to shy to do it. I think he read my mind 'cause he leaned forward and rested his forehead on mine.
"Shay, can I-I k-kiss y-you?" He stuttered blushing madly. I smiled and chuckled a bit. "S-sorry too forward... I know..." He said looking away.
"No you moron, it isn't." I said making him look at me. "Yes, you can kiss me." I smiled. He smile grew bigger. He slowly leaned forward and did just that. His lips were so soft and warm I could melt so I kissed back shyly. He held me carefully. Then we broke apart. He smiled and blushed.
"I'm afraid I might brake you... you seem so fragile..." He admitted. "I'm sorry... I hurt you... I was just... mad that.. I couldn't have you... so I didn't want anyone to think you were worth it... 'cause I wanted you for my own." He said burying his head in my hair. "I love you..." He whispered.
I smiled brightly. "It's okay Adam... I love you too." I said. He looked at me and smiled. "No one will ever hurt you again. I promise." He said and kissed my nose.
"I know that." I smiled and kissed him.