BFF/ Bandmate (Mathew and Kara)

I slipped on my cover up and looked at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my bag filled with all the beach things I was going to need. I heard a honk from outside. My five best friends were here, they were the school's band. I smiled to myself thinking about them. I walked out of the door and Mathew waved his hand in the air indicating to come in. I laughed at his cuteness. He was my best friend but I had to admit that I had a crush on him. But who wouldn't? He was the whole package! I walked up to the car and slid into the backseat next to Him. "Hey Kara," he said in his gorgeous voice. I blushed lightly. "Hi Mathew." Susan and Colleen said hello while Sean and Michael smirked, which made me a little confused. Through out the ride the two boys gave me funny looks and wiggled their eyebrows at me. I pretended like I didn't notice and focused on something else. "Michael. Can you go any faster," Colleen asked with a smile. Michael moved his fingers in a no motion. "One does not simply rush driving perfection," he replied smugly to his girlfriend. I laughed. He pulled up by the boardwalk and we could finally get out of the cramped position we were in. I hopped out of the car and grabbed my bag waiting for my friends to join me. Michael skipped on ahead with a mischievous little grin on his face. I looked towards the others. "What is he going to do," I asked giggling a bit. Sean shrugged. "It's Michael we're talking about here. Who knows?" We all rushed after him in curiosity. He stood there on the beach talking to some children. I raised an eyebrow. We all walked towards him. The little girl and boy he was talking to were both on the sand building a sand castle. The girl made a face. "You're not Spider-Man," she said to Michael. He put his hand to chest and made a shocked face as if he was hurt by what she said. "Me? Not Spider-Man," he asked dramatically. "What are you saying?" The girl laughed and so did I. I shook my head and walked away. Classic Michael. Only he would try to convince a girl into thinking he was Spider-Man.

I set my towel down on the sand and placed my umbrella over it. I removed my cover up and applied the sunscreen I had in my bag. I looked out and saw the beautiful ocean that laid in front of me. "Gorgeous isn't it," a familiar voice asked. I jumped not knowing anybody was there. He laughed. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare ya." I smiled and let my head fall back onto the towel. Everyone was now next to me in one big line. We were all enjoying the view until Sean stood up. "I'm gonna head down to the peer," he said to us all. We nodded. Susan went with him while Michael and Colleen went to help the kids with their sand castle. I was left alone with Mathew "Wanna do something fun," he asked. I smirked. "Yup." I followed him up to this little lake on the other side of the beach. He pointed towards the little canoes that sat by the shore. "Wanna ride with me," he asked eagerly. I nodded. He ran up to the little canoe and so did I. I sat inside and he soon followed. "So do I just grab this ore and paddle," I asked him a little unsure about what to do. He nodded with that smile I loved so much. I began to move the ore back and forth in the water and next thing I know we were both canoeing. We reached the middle of the lake and Mathew stopped paddling. I made a skeptical face. He turned around and he reached towards the water. "Uh Mathew what are you doing?" He laughed. "You'll see." I blinked my eyes and right when I was about to answer, I felt water hit my face. "Oh it's on," I replied standing up. "No Kara! Don't stand you're gonna t-," Mathew started but couldn't finish once the canoe jolted and flipped over. I swam up and moved the hair from my face. I spit some water out from my mouth. It was open due to the unsuspected dip. Mathew swam to me and couldn't contain his laughter. I smiled and laughed along with him. "I cannot believe I tipped the canoe over," I breathed out. He smiled. "I mean how I was supposed to know that you shouldn't stand up on a canoe?" He chuckled. We both swam over to the shore. "You learn something new everyday."

We both walked back to our spots. Sean, Michael and the girls sat there in a circle smirking. I sat down along with them. Mathew still stood. "Hey I'm going to go to the bathroom," he said softly. Susan laughed. "Good luck. The bathroom is across the beach." Mathew groaned and I giggled quietly. He shook his head and he made his way towards the bathrooms. I looked at the others who continued to make little weird faces at me. I raised an eyebrow. Michael laughed and looked at me. I sat up straight and parted my lips. My friends moved a little closer to me and they all made very serious faces which caused me to question their actions even more. What is going on? I am so confused. I knitted my eyebrows. "Okay! I give up. What did I do? What's going on? Why are you guys acting so weird around me and making weird faces at me," I asked putting my hand up in the air. Michael shook his head. "Kary, Kary, Kary" he scolded. He knew I hated that nickname "Now it seems to me that you have a crush on a specific friend of mine. Don't you Kara? You have a crush on Mathew and you've had one on him for a while now. But you never admit to it because you were too scared. Isn't that right Kary?" Before I could respond someone else's voice interrupted you. "What?" I turned around only to face Mathew. I was speechless. I didn't how to respond or what to say. I felt my face heat up and I became all clustered. "I-I just. I-I j-," I stuttered. He gave me a confused look. I turned around and ran towards the shore. "Kara wait," I heard Mathew yell. I ignored him and continued to walk on the shore. I put my hands over my face and closed my eyes in embarrassment. He's never going to talk to me again. He's never going to like me. What was I thinking in the first place? I felt a tear roll down my face. I looked down at the footsteps I left on the sand.

I felt someone put their hand in mine. I looked over my shoulder and saw Mathew standing there. He pressed a kiss to my hair. "Don't frown angel. You never know who might be falling in love your smile. And everything else about you," he whispered. I giggled as he spun me around and pressed a sweet kiss to my lips. We both pulled away. I looked into his eyes with a shy smile on my face. "I love you Kary," he said with his forehead touching mine. I bit my lip. "I love you too Mathew." Even though I would appreciate if he'd stop using that ridiculous nickname.