Boyfriend's brother (Liana and Adam)

He's angry again. I suddenly tensed as I saw my boyfriend. He always did this. Whenever he was angry he would take it out on me. I tried leaving but he wouldn't let me. Its like I was trapped. I quickly tried to walk away as I saw him walk towards me. "Where do you think your going," he asked poison dripping in his voice. I didn't say a word. I mean what was I supposed to say? Oh ya'know I was just trying to run away from you. No big deal. He grabbed my hand and led me to his car. I looked at him with tears in my eyes but he just smirked. I closed my eyes as I felt a sharp pain shoot across my stomach. He jumped in his car and drove away. I couldn't talk. His punches were always very painful. But it was nothing new. He always did this when he was mad. Then he would come back and the cycle would continue over and over. I let the tears stream down my face as I walked home. My stomach ached and I knew there was going to be a huge bruise. I didn't know how to run away. I didn't tell anyone about him because I was scared. He would only hurt them too. I sighed. I heard my phone ring.
"Hello?" Who is this? "Umm hi," I replied. "Who is this?" I heard him laugh.
"Its Adam from school. You know? Your art partner for the show? Your boyfriends brother?" Adam! I smiled to myself. Adam was so sweet and he understood me like no one else. Of course I haven't really talked much but during art class whenever I had something on my mind he was always there to listen. "Oh! Adam. Hey," I greeted enthusiastically trying to hide that fact that my insides were in great pain. "Haha, hey Liana. Anyways I was thinking that you should come over to mine today because we really need to get started."

        Not today. Not today. I can't. I can't. "Sure," I agreed happily. No. That is not what I wanted to say. I frowned. Why today?
"Kay. Well see you in a few." I grabbed my backpack and slipped my shoes on. I opened the door and walked over to his house. He lived on my block so it wasn't a hassle getting there. I reached his house and knocked on the door. I twiddled with my fingers as the door swung open. I looked up and saw Adam. I smiled. Just because my life sucks doesn't mean I have to be rude to him. Smiling is the least I can do. "Hey," he said.
"Hi," I replied walking in. I followed him upstairs to his room and sat down on the couch. I set my bag by my side. Adam walked up to where I was and sat down next to me. "Hey so is there something specific you wanna do," he asked. I shook your head. I started thinking. "Well. I know I want it to be really unique. Like something no one else would do or think of. Something different ya'know?" Lucas smirked. "I totally agree," he replied. "So maybe we could do one of those drawings that are like puzzles. Something that hides the true meaning. Something you kind of have to think about." I heard the door open and my heart beat sped up. Could it be him? Please don't. If only Adam knew. If only he knew what his brother did. I looked down as I grabbed my pencil and sketch pad. Footsteps came up the stairs. "Who's here," I asked nervously.
"Oh its just my little sister" he answered. Relief flushed through me. Man I have to go to the bathroom.
"Umm where is the bathroom," I asked.
"Down the hall. First door on your left," he replied laughing a bit.

        On my way out of the bathroom I hit my stomach on the couch's side. I winced holding my stomach. Adam looked at me concerned. "Are you okay," he asked running towards me.
"I-I'm fine," I stuttered.
"Fine my ass," he said taking me to the couch. He laid me down and gave me some water. "What happened?" I didn't reply. I couldn't tell him. "Look. I know you may not trust me but please tell me who did this and I promise you this will never happen again. Please," he said to me with those eyes that just made me want to open up to the world. I couldn't hold it any longer. I sobbed. He held me in his arms as I cried into his chest. I wanted to stay there forever. "C'mon love, tell me who did this to you." I looked up at him for a moment but then I looked back down. "Your brother," was the only thing I managed to say. An angry look spread across Adam's face. "He will never touch you again. And that's a promise." I smiled lightly at him. This boy is really amazing.
"I think I'm going to go," I said and he nodded. I walked back home with a little bit of hope. Maybe things will change. I arrived at my house and just laid on my bed. A couple hours later I decided to go to sleep. I was about to close my eyes and drift into a peaceful sleep but something stopped me. A noise. I got out of bed. The noise was coming from the window. I walked towards the window and saw Adam sitting outside of it. "Adam!" I noticed he had a busted lip. "Oh my gosh what happened?" He just shook his head. "Don't worry about me," he said smiling. "He won't hurt you anymore Lia. I couldn't stand the fact that my own brother abused the only girl I have ever loved" I couldn't hide the smile on my face. He had just realised what he had said "Oh, Gosh. I'm so sorr-" I cut him off, I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him with all my might. "You're my savior," I whispered against his lips. He pulled away and looked my in the eyes. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I love you." I smiled, "I love you too."