The Fake Boyfriend (Cameron and Anika)

I rolled my eyes at the oh so "perfect" boy sitting next me. He was the lady killer. Everybody in school loved him but not me. I thought he was ignorant and rude, which he was. He was very stubborn as well, the kind of guy who thought he was never wrong. I honestly didn't see what everybody else saw in him. I mean sure he was cute and all but that didn't change his personality what so ever. I watched the daily crowd of girls walk up to him and flirt like there was so tomorrow. I scoffed. Do they have nothing better to do? It sort of made me mad. All these girls would come to school in the shortest and tightest clothing, thinking it would attract a boy's attention, which it did but not in the right way. This was one of the reasons why girls are always underestimated. Because some of them acted as if their body had no absolute value. "Just keep throwing yourself at him," I muttered. "He's totally going to like you." One of the girls around me must have heard because she immediately turned around and glared at me. She was wearing what might have been the shortest mini skirt of all time and a tight fitting crop top. How is she not freezing? It's so cold outside. She moved the hair from her face and chewed her gum. "What is that supposed to mean," she snarled putting her hands on her hips. She didn't let me answer. She just walked passed me. "Slut," she hissed. I raised an eyebrow as she strutted behind me. "Right. I'm totally the slut. I'm wearing skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt that doesn't show anything. How slutty of me? What was I thinking," I whispered. I shook my head and quickly grabbed my stuff from my locker. I clutched my books to my chest and rushed off to health class. The teacher smiled at me as I walked through the door and continued to right something down on her paper. I sat down at my usual spot and looked down at my books waiting for class to start patiently. My best friend Callie walked through the door and waved. She sat down at the seat in front of me as more and more kids arrived.

        I turned to the page our teacher told us to turn to and listened as she spoke about the new project. I moved up in my chair a bit and I looked up at the board. "Alright class. Well today we are going to do something different. The next unit we are going to be working on is healthy relationships. During this next unit I am going to pair you up with someone in the class and the two of you will be acting like a couple. You will do the tasks I have assigned for you both to do and you will do them together, whether you like it or not. You might not be paired up with the person you want but please just make it work, okay class?" The class nodded and we all waited for her to announce the partners. My leg was shaking and I nervously sat there anxious to hear the name of the person I was going to be partnered up with. "Okay well here are your partners. Melody and Lucas. Lina and Gregory," she started. She went down the list. I didn't hear my name yet so I was still really nervous. I looked around the room and saw that just about everyone had been called except me and... Cameron. "Anika and Cameron," she said lastly. My eyes widened. We both stood up from our seats and looked at our teacher. "What," we both asked. "I can't work with him! He is arrogant and cocky and not to mention conceded. He only thinks about himself," I shouted. He glared at me. "Yeah? Well she's even worse! She's always so stubborn. She doesn't approve of anybody but herself," he shouted just as loud as I had. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah well you're not that different either," I muttered. He scoffed and looked forward at the teacher who was now a bit surprised. "Look guys. You two are going to be partners and that's final. Got it," she asked. "But," Cameron and I both stuttered. She shook her head and made a very serious face at us. "No buts," she replied clearly. I looked over at Callie who was giggling at both Cameron and I. How is this funny? I have to pretend that the world #1 jerk is my boyfriend for this entire unit.

        I picked up the paper that our teacher handed out which had the first task on it. "Meet your boyfriend's parents at dinner". I sighed. The bell rang and I walked out the door. This is just wonderful. I picked up my bag and scanned the hallway for Cameron. I looked over my shoulder and spotted him. He was walking towards me with his messenger bag over his shoulder. "Well. I guess you're coming home with me," he breathed out. I nodded and followed him out the exit. He led me to a beautiful house down the block. He unlocked the door and let me in. "My parents are going to be home any minute. We can just hang for a bit if you want," he said filling me in. I nodded as he walked over to the loft. I just stood there. "Are you waiting for an invitation," he asked. "C'mon!" I clenched my fists at his cockiness but followed him. He sat down on the couch and I sat next to him. I heard his phone vibrate. He took it out of his pocket and he sighed loudly when he read the message he received. I knitted your eyebrows. "Uh everything alright," I asked him feeling a bit uncomfortable. He shook his head. "Nah. Its just Charlotte. She won't leave me alone," he replied letting his head fall back. I cocked my head to the side. "Really? I thought you loved it when girls threw themselves at you," I asked. He let out a muffled no. "I'm not into girls like that. I'm sort of into the more reserved ones. The ones that can fend for themselves and aren't fake." I lifted my eyebrows. Maybe he isn't that bad. I heard the door open. Cameron stood up and told me that his parents were home. I walked out the loft and to the door with Cameron by my side. His mother looked up and smiled. "Oh Cam. Who is this beautiful young lady," she asked. I blushed and looked over at him. "Oh uh. This is my girlfriend Anika." She smiled again and put her hand out. "Its nice to meet you, Anika." I smiled in return and said the same to her. I said hello to Cameron's dad who was just as sweet as his mom. An older woman came in probably in her 70's. "This is my grandma," Cameron said gesturing to her. I greeted her and we all sat around the dinner table. Cameron's grandmother smiled at both of us. "Oh aren't you two just the sweetest thing! Can we see a kiss?" I panicked a bit but I walked up to him and I pecked his lips sweetly.

        He looked at me and had a sort of angry look on his face. He stormed out of the house and into the rain. "What happened," his mother asked. I didn't know what to say. "Um I'll handle it," I replied before following him. He stood there soaking wet because of the weather. "Cameron what was that," I asked. "What's wrong?" He knitted his eyebrows. "YOU! Okay! Its you! Why do you do this to me, huh? Why do you always look so beautiful and why do you make me feel so weak inside? Why do you make my stomach hurt so much? And most importantly why do I love you so much when I know you're never going to feel the same!?" I didn't reply. I just pulled him close and pressed my lips to his. "You know I would never be to sure," I whispered, our foreheads touching. "You never know how the other person feels if you don't ask. I just happen to like you too." He smiled and we both continued to stand there kissing in the rain. There really is only a tiny barrier between love and hate.

Cute couple storiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara