Werewolf (4) (Robin and Caiden)

I was walking through the forest that was next to my house. I had just moved to a small town that was ultimately in the middle of a huge forest that went on for miles and miles and miles and miles. I had probably walked two miles through the forest when I came upon a small pond. It just sat there in the middle of all the trees. I sat on a log and watched as the sun rays played and danced on the waters surface making it appear as if it was a sparkly blue and gold color. I sat back closing my eyes, the wind blowing through my hair, the birds singing in the trees above, the sun light beams that came through the trees kissing my cheeks.  This place was amazing. My peaceful state was interrupted by a whimpering sound. It sounded like a hurt animal, and being the animal lover I am compelled me to follow the noise. I followed it for about twenty feet until finally I could hear it right in front of me. I looked behind the tree standing beside me and what I saw pulled on my heart string. It was a grey and white wolf with his front right paw stuck in a bear trap, he was whimpering losing lots of blood fast. He must have been there a few hours. I was stunned for a moment, but my instincts kicked in. I knelt down the wolf and spoke softly to it, so he/she would know that I wasn't gonna hurt him/her. I looked at him, yup it was a boy. I knelt down on one knee and spoke softly "It's okay buddy, you're gonna be okay." The wolf looked up at me and it almost seemed as if it nodded. I reached down and assessed the bear trap. It was old and rusty so it had obviously been out here a year or so. I put my hands on each side of the rusty bear trap and started to pull it apart. With every piece of rust that fell off was a whimper or a loud cry from the wolf. After a minute or so the trap snapped in half and I pulled the teeth of the trap out of the wolf's foot. The wolf immediately tried to run from me but was failing miserably. With every step he took on his wounded paw he would fall and look back at me. I followed him trying to get him to stop until he collapsed in defeat. I knelt down beside him and whispered to him "It's okay buddy, I'm gonna help you." I told him as I softly stroked the top of his head and scratched behind his ear. He leaned in to my hand as I scratched behind his ears and closed his eyes, he obviously enjoyed this. "I'm gonna pick you up and carry you to my house." I told him as I pulled my hand back into me. I then reached out and scooped up the very heavy wolf, his eyes flickered with fear and worry like the flames of a candle. I held him into me as I started the long and heavy walk home.

home

I walked in through the front door carrying the wolf in my arms. I had some how managed to lift the wolf high up enough on me to grab the door handle, kick the door open and kick it closed. My mom ran into the living room and saw the blood on my grey jacket that hung carelessly off my shoulders. She looked down at the wolf in my arms and gasped. "What on earth happened!?" My mom exclaimed as she ran over to me. "Mom, long story short I found him in the woods in a bear trap and he's bleeding profusely. Just please go call the vet." My mom nodded her head as she ran to her bedroom to grab one of the cordless house phones. As I wait for my mom I walked over to my couch and sat the wolf down on it. He had lost so much blood now he was really limp and weak so he wasn't moving very much. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel, rushing back to the wolf and bandaging his paw with it the best I could. I then took my belt off my hips quickly and tied it above his paw to try and stop the blood that was left from flowing down. I sat with him stroking his head telling him he was gonna be okay. My mom ran out moments later telling me the vet would be there in about 30 minutes. Now all to do, is wait.

when the vet got there

I heard a loud knock on my front door which practically made me jump from the couch to the door. I threw the door open to see a man in his twenties standing in the door way. He was wearing a white t-shirt and worn out blue denim jeans. He had a stethoscope that hung carelessly around his neck and a mini tool box looking thing in his left hand. "Mr. Moore, please hurry. Come inside." Mr. Moore pushed past me and followed my mother over to the maroon couch where the nearly lifeless wolf was laying. He immediately went into to action, pulling out everything he would need. "It seems he has lost a lot of blood, but that's not the worst part. It seems he has infection. This is probably going to hurt him a little so I suggest that Robin leaves the room. I know she is an animal lover so this is going to tear her up on the inside but it has to be done." My mom looked at me with a sad smile. "Robin go up to your room, it's already 8:00 anyway and you have to get up at five to get ready for school tomorrow and even earlier if you want to check on your little wolf buddy here." I nodded my head and ran upstairs to my bedroom, praying that the wolf would be okay. For the whole night I sat in my bed, but I couldn't sleep because all I could hear was the wolf yelping, crying and whimpering.