The Blind, (Christopher and Kate)

I was very tired this morning. Last night I stayed up really late because of homework and I was not in the mood. I walked through the hallway holding my coffee. As I walked  some guy with sunglasses on bumped into me, causing the coffee to spill all over me. I cringed as I felt the hot coffee come in contact with my skin. "Ouch," I groaned. "Good going. Watch where you're going jerk." The guy that bumped into me didn't respond. He put his arm out and touched my chest. "What the hell," I screamed. "What is your problem?" I quickly walked away from the pervert. I went to my locker looking for spare clothing. Luckily I always kept some in case of an emergency. Today was really not my day. Why me? Why does this all have to happen to me? Stupid perv. I got changed in the bathroom. When I finished, I walked back out to the hallway and saw the moron perv that spilled coffee all over me. I rolled your eyes thinking about the experience. I swear some guys are just such pigs. I walked into my class and sat down. Mr. Perv walked in as well and sat down next to me. Just as I was about to get up and sit at a different seat the teacher walked in. I sat back down in my chair and sighed. I closed my eyes hoping this was all a dream but sadly it wasn't. "What are you doing," I whispered as between grinded teeth. The teacher looked at me dead in the eye. Oh great. "Mrs. Merchander is there something you would like to share with the class," he asked. I looked down, clearly embarrassed. "No," I replied. He raised an eyebrow. "Well surely there's something, I mean you did interrupt the class to talk to your friend."
"Oh he's not my friend." I said. "Well whether or not he is your friend you were talking. Both of you detention." This day just gets better and better doesn't it?

        Right when the bell rang I stood up and went into the music room. That's where detention was being held. I wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Mr. Perv. I sat down at one of the desks. I grabbed my iPod and started to listen to some music. I continued to listen to music until I heard a tapping. I looked around and saw Mr. Perv sitting at one of the desks tapping it. It was really starting to bother me. I got up from my seat and walked up to him. "Could you not," I asked. He didn't reply. I rolled your eyes again. I was about to walk away but the teacher came in. "Sit down now," she said sternly. I listened and sat down in the seat next to him.
He wouldn't stop tapping on his desk and it was really starting to drive me crazy. "You know what your problem is," I whispered angrily. "You bother people and when they confront you, you don't even reply. You are a total perv. You are a pig. You are a totally jerk." And again he didn't reply. He just smirked. "You know," he said finally. "I would be careful about what I say if I were you." I raised an eyebrow. "And uh why is that," I asked annoyed. "Well because you shouldn't judge people," he replied smugly. What is he talking about? I'm judging him because he was being a perv and he spilled coffee on me without saying sorry. I'm pretty sure I have the right to be mad at him. I was pretty confused, I didn't really know what he meant. "What are you talking about," I asked. He took off his sunglasses and looked at me with his grey eyes I recognized him as Christopher. "I'm blind," he said. "That's why I bumped into you." I looked at him weirdly trying to get what he said through my head. "You don't look blind," I replied. He frowned. "And you don't look rude but you can't judge people by their looks now can you?" After he said that he got up and sat in a seat across the room. He didn't talk to me for the rest of detention.

        What have I done? It wasn't his fault. He's blind and I was so rude to him. He's going to hate me. I couldn't sleep that night because of what had happened that day. I was really upset with what I did and couldn't seem to get him out of my head. I don't blame him for hating me. I really need to talk to him. I just need to look back into his gorgeous eyes and watch him as he runs his fingers through his thick hair an-No. I am not going to fall for him. I mean its not like he likes me back. Not after what I said. He probably thinks the worst of me now. I was trying to convince myself that I hadn't fallen for him but I knew I had. I had the feeling in my stomach that made me long to see him, talk to him, and look into his eyes. I wish he could see me back. But one of the things I loved about him is he loves on personality, whether he wants to or not. He didn't care about the way you looked and that's not just because he couldn't see, it was because of what he's learned. The next morning I quickly got dressed and got to school earlier than usual. I walked through the school doors and smiled brightly. The hallway had kids in it but not as many as it did later in the morning. I looked around for Christopher. I found him standing by his locker grabbing some of his books. I smirked to myself. Its time to apologize. Publicly. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around. "Umm hey Christopher. Its Kate." He instantly frowned which made my heart ache. I raised the volume in my voice a little more when I spoke. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was doing yesterday. I'm really really sorry. I was just having a bad day all together and you not being able to see really changes my perspective on what happened. I don't blame you for not wanting to talk to me. I don't blame you for hating me but something I realized is I love you and whether you love me back or not I will continue to love you."

        He smiled. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his lips to mine sweetly. "I could never hate you," he said against my lips. That day I learned two things. 1. Not to judge people and 2. Christopher was the love of my life.