The Stepbrother (Jeremy and Constance)

I've just turned 19, and am just like any other teenager, I like to go out and rock it. I love the fast tempo of life and it certainly reflects in my drumming, I love everything loud!! I'm not in a band; I'm just playing for the hec of it right now. I don't plaster myself in make up or fake tan, or diet or anything stupid, even though I'm quite skinny anyway, I'm happy the way I am. My dad left when I was 4 and I've been waiting for my mum to move on and find someone because I really want her to be happy. Now she's been dating this guy for 5 months and he's moving in. I've met him quite a few times and he seems really nice, but now I'm gonna be introduced to his son who is also moving in. he's 1 year older than me.

"Constance! Will you come downstairs?"
That's what I would've heard if I wasn't playing my music so loudly. I was too busy rocking out to One direction's 'Temporary fix'. I calmed down to slip on my skinnies as I knew mum's new bf and his son were moving in today. It was already 2 o'clock so I expected them to be here by now.
"Oh, hey there." You spun round to see quite a handsome lad looking at me up and down. I followed his line of sight to remember that I was just wearing jeans and a bra. I grabbed the blue jacket draped over the chair, slipped it on and zipped it up. Then I turned round to turn the music down.
"Erm, I do apologize, that wasn't awkward at all." I looked back to him and let out a short giggle before composing myself.
"Yeah, erm ... your mum did call, but ... so she just told me to come up."
"Yeah, Jeremy I take it, John's son?" he nodded. "Well, what a lovely way to make a first impression." Still with my arms folded tightly over my chest.
"Yeah, I best get my stuff brought up to my room; it's the one next to yours yeah?"
"Yeah. Gimme a sec and I'll come and help."
He left me with a smile plastered over his face. Great; that was fun. I laughed it off and got fully dressed. He was really good looking, how could my mum move me in with a hottie and expect me to treat him like a brother? *sad pouty face!* I soon joined them outside by the mover's truck.
"So you met Jeremy then?" mum smiled.
"Oh yes." I nodded biting my lip before turning to laugh along with him. I grabbed a few boxes and hauled them up to his room. His bed, his wardrobe, shelves, and all the main furniture was already there from a few weeks ago. Alongside the TV I placed some pretty cool action films. I left him to unpack the majority of his stuff and continued bringing up boxes. Another 8 or 9 journeys later and I walked in on him changing out of the t-shirt he'd spilt something down on the drive in to a freshly unpacked one.
"We have to stop meeting like this." I giggled as he pulled the shirt down over his head.
"Hey, wanna help me put some posters up, I think that's all of the boxes now?"
"You've not even been here a day and you've already enrolled me in slavery, you certainly are a fast worker."
"Like you wouldn't believe." He laughed and pointed out a box on his bed. 2 Superchick posters, a Loic Nottet one, Little Mix, Paradise Fears, this boy had taste. Then he put me to work putting his clothes away.
"You know, you got some pretty cool clothes, I may have to steal some of these, and your CDs, and your DVDs and pretty much everything in this room."
"Well pick whatever film you want and we can watch it tonight, when I finally finish my room and settle in to it."
"Cool, I might just do that." I smiled over to him filling his shelves with books, magazines, folders, and general boys' toys.
"KIDS! Wants something to eat?" Ah finally, we were starving. We both rushed downstairs. "Then you wouldn't mind walking to go pick up a Chinese for us then would you?" My mum smiled and handed me £15. I pulled a face but obliged and asked her and John what they wanted, and turned to Jeremy.
"Erm, I'll come with you actually."
"Ah ok, see ya guys." I slid the money in to my back pocket and closed the door behind me.
"So, I noticed a drum kit upstairs earlier, yours?"
"Snooping were we?" I joked, "Yeah, you play?"
"Nah, always wanted to learn but never got round to it."
We chatted about random shit and about his old town and school, and about what sort of music and stuff we're in to.
"Hey is that a skate park?" he signalled over to it curiously.
"Yeah, you wanna go tomorrow?"
"Sure, you a boarder?" he asked
"Actually I rollerblade." He nodded and told me he was a boarder. Wow this lad was awesome. We reached the Chinese takeout and waited behind the person who was currently ordering. When we got our order in it came to £14.67.
Um delicious. We all sat down around the kitchen table after a busy day.
"So, Jay, how's Constance looking after you on your first day?"
"Oh, she's been brilliant. And I think we're going to the skate park tomorrow, right?" he looked over to me to check that it was still the plan. I nodded and mumbled with a mouthful of chow mein to swallow. It seemed like a nice normal family dinner. I carried the plates through to the kitchen when we were all done.
"Thanks love," my mum said, continuing to talk to John. Seconds later I heard someone come in to the kitchen, but stayed facing the sink.
"Still up for a film tonight?" Jeremy asked.
"Sure." I continued putting stuff in the dishwasher. Then I felt him right behind me, his stomach against my back. He leaned in closer, so his mouth was right by my ear and whispered,
"I'll be waiting then" I could feel him smile, as did I. Then he left.
"Night guys."
"You off to bed dear?" mum enquired as I walked through from the kitchen and towards the stairs.
"Yeah, me and Jay are just gonna chill and watch a film for a bit."
"Ok don't be up too late." I walked over to kiss her goodnight on her head and smiled at John before leaving and disappearing up the stairs. I knocked on his door and slowly opened it. All the boxes that still had to be emptied had been moved to the corner of the room, but the majority of it was now unpacked and tidy.
"So, what do you wanna watch?" he was sat down infront of his TV. I picked a Will Smith one and sat on his bed, standing all the cushions up against the back board and leaning back on them. He put in the DVD and jumped alongside me. He reached over me to grab the remote from the table next to me, and made sure he got as close as he possibly could whilst doing so. Our lips were almost touching. Neither of us broke eye contact. Was he trying to torture me, god damn his cuteness.
About half way through the film I yawned, I was getting so tired, I don't know why, it's not like I'd really done anything all day. Jeremy looked down at me and wrapped an arm over my shoulder, pulling me in to him, so my head was resting on his chest.
"Constance ... Constance, the film's ended." I felt someone gently shake me and heard Jeremy whisper.
"What, oh, ok," I sleepily looked around and got up, "I'll see you in the morning then." I stretched.
"I didn't mean you have to leave ..." he giggled, but I said my goodbye and told him he better get used to get up early if he was gonna live here. I shuffled back to my own room. Without even opening my eyes, I put on my PJ shorts but couldn't be bothered to search for the top, and literally fell in to bed, falling asleep instantly.
I was an early riser, for a teenager anyway. I jumped out of bed and quarter to 8, pulled a t-shirt and went to grab a bowl of cereal. I was the only one up as usual and about ten past I went to get Jay. He was lay face down in his pillow, without a shirt. I tiptoed over trying not to wake him and climbed over him, sitting on the bottom of his back. With my hands on his shoulder blades I lowered myself down to whisper in his ear,
"Hey honey ... wake up ... Jeremy." I teased, then heard a very quiet groan. "Jeremy... time to go to the skate park." He still didn't move. "Jay, I'm naked." His head perked up, I knew that would get his attention. He picked up one of my knees so he could turn underneath me so he was lying on his back.
"You tease." I giggled and hit his chest lightly.
"Come one get up, I'm going in the shower."
"Was that an invitation" he winked. I rolled my eyes and told him to be ready. After my shower I walked back to my room in a towel. I dried my hair and combed the 'crazy' out of it and got dressed in to a baggy white sleeveless top that said 'I ♥ MUSIC' in big bold black lettering, some denim shorts, a brown bobble hat and my converse. I assumed Jeremy would probably grab a shower too, so I left him for a bit while I fixed a bit of make-up. I went to see if he was ready and he was still where I left him.
"Oi lazy ass, its quarter to 9, get up if you're going to the park." He looked up at me standing in the door way.
"Ok I'm up." I was about to leave when he called me back. "can I give you some advice?" I didn't reply, I just stood leaning against the door frame waiting for an answer. He dragged himself out of bed. He made his way over to me as he said,
"If we are expected to behave like brother and sister," he got up real close again, "I'd suggest not roaming the house in nothing but a hand towel." A smile curled the corner of my mouth. I kept perfect eye contact.
"Noted" I left him to get ready and 10 minutes later we were heading to the skate park. It was empty, as it usually was at that time, which was partly why I liked it. I'd probably have another hour, hour an' half before people started arriving. I sat on top of the ramp as Jay did a few tricks, to change in to my skates.
"Ah come on, give it back."
"Why, have you got embarrassing pictures on it?" I was skating slowly backwards with his phone behind my back, yes I was actually being that immature. He was taking slow steps towards me as I did. "Ok, if you can catch me." Instantly I spun on the front of my skates and flew off and darted around the park. He ran after me and eventually caught me, grabbing me by the waist and swinging me off the ground. He spun me round him until I was facing the opposite direction, "Ok you caught me" I handed back his phone and skimmed some of the railings, before returning to the ramps for about 20 minutes when a few of my mates appeared at the gate.
"Alright guys, this is Jeremy, my new bro." I nudged his shoulder and smiled.
"Hey guys," he looked down at them from the top of the ramp where the two of us were sitting, until I got up and skated down to greet them more. I introduced them individually to him. Matt and Carson and Chance gave each other typical 'guy hugs' whilst he just smiled at Kay, Hallie, and Leah. It was so obvious Kay had a thing for him; I didn't blame her, he was gorgeous. She was cosying up to him and being all typical girly girl around him, but I knew she'd be crushing on someone else next week.
"Hey, shouldn't we be getting back?" I looked down at my phone, 2 o'clock. It wasn't that late but if he wanted to leave that was fair enough.
"Yeah, ok, well see ya guys." I waved them off.
"Yeah, bye Jay." Kay sweetly said waving to him; she didn't take his eyes off him as he left. When we were half way across the park he flung his arm over my shoulder with his board in the other. I skated out, usually my mum told me she didn't like me skating to and from the park because of being near a road but I couldn't be bothered to change in to my shoes, besides I was the same height as Jeremy with them on.
"Looks like you got yourself an admirer" I teased.
"Jealous?" he laughed.
"You wish Romeo." I skated off ahead of him letting his arm fall back to his side. He jumped on his board and came after me. I beat him back to the house by about 4 and a half seconds where I dropped myself on the grass in front of our house to change my shoes. He sped up towards me, leaping off his board at the last second. He dived towards me and rolled on to the floor, pulling me backwards so I fell with him. The 2 of us laughed as we looked up at the clouds.
"So, plans for the rest of the day?" he rolled over on to his front, placing his chin on his hands so he could look down at me.
"Erm, eat first ... chill, TV, eat some more, sleep."
"Sounds good, maybe you could show me some of your drumming skills."
His dad soon came outside when he saw the 2 of us laying there through the window,
"Ah, would you two like something to eat now, I was just gonna cook up some burgers?"
"Erm yes thanks dad." We lay there for some time longer, in silence, but it wasn't awkward. I was thinking about things, about Jeremy and I, and why penguins can't fly, and other such nonsense. I turned my head to face him. Some wisps of hair fell over my face, which he was quick to fix.
"Thanks, but I was just thinking ... maybe, we should get up and go see if the burgers are ready." I looked him dead in the eye, his beautiful eyes.
"Hmmmm, yes!" he said decisively. We both laughed and he got up to help me off the floor. His hands were really soft in mine. He pulled me up so quick that my feet were lifted off the ground, and he caught me around the waist. He turned me round in his arms and carried me in wedding style.
"Hey guys, just in time, burgers are up." His dad was just putting them on a plate and put them down on the island and left to go in to the back garden.
About an hour later I led him upstairs to have a go at my drums. I banged out an amazing really up tempo drum solo for about a minute.
"Whoa, see you gotta teach me to do that." He smiled.
"One day grasshopper, one day."
"GUYS, we want to talk to you." We went downstairs to find our parents sat hand in hand on the sofa opposite, "ok, well, we've been dating for quite a few months now, and I know it may seem a bit rushed, but we are in love and ... we've decided to make it official, we've set a date, and we're getting married." My mum couldn't keep her excitement in towards the end of her announcement, and jumped out of her seat. I too was ecstatic and rushed over to hug her. This was just what she needed, and John was a lovely man. The date was set 2 months away. "And obviously we already have our best man and maid of honour right here." She grinned, bringing Jeremy in to the hug too... she let go of the 2 of us, "Me, you, Marie and your auntie Kate are going for fittings next Tuesday, Jay, I know your dad has plans for you."
2 months was real short notice, but apparently John knew some people who could get them some deals on short notice.
Life after that was fast pace in preparation for the wedding, but so exciting. As for me and Jeremy, we were always harmlessly flirting with one another, but knowing nothing was really going to happen.
The bridesmaids' dresses were dark purple, strapless and tight-fitting with a bit of a flare past the hips. My mum looked so stunning, and so happy, couldn't keep the massive beam off her face, nor could John, they were so cute. All the way through the service Jeremy kept giving me the eye, winking and smiling at me, he looked so dashing in his suit. I couldn't help but smile, but sometimes I had to remind him to remember his place, as my brother, by mouthing 'stop it' every now and again. The reception was a laugh too.
"Will everyone clear the floor for the bride and groom's first dance?" the DJ slowed it down and everyone moved off as 'You and I' faded in. My mum and John were in the centre as everyone watched on with loving smiles. After a minute or two slowly people also started joining in.
"Shall we?" Jeremy flashed me a nice smile and held out his hand in front of me. I grinned cheekily, swallowed down the rest of the almost-full glass of water and placed it back down on the closest table.
"We shall." I took his hand as he led me on to the dance floor and spun me round placing his other hand on my hip. For some time, neither of us spoke, we just looked in to each other's eyes, smiling, as we turned slowly to the music.
"Well isn't this romantic?" Jeremy teased. "Isn't it just?" I giggled. He leaned in, as though he was going in for the kiss, and nearly did, until 'I got a feeling' by Black Eyed Peas blasted out of the speakers.
"OK guys, it's time to get the party really started." The DJ shouted down the microphone. Jeremy just paused and looked down with a smile, disappointed that the music had ruined the moment. I was harmlessly flirting, and dancing with him all night.
"Ok guys, so we're gonna get off, Jay's uncle has to get us to the airport by 11." mum came over to us as I was having a laugh with Jeremy, with my arms around his neck and his round my waist. "So, we might just catch you before we leave, it depends on how much later you leave. We'll probably be off around half 10." It was 10 now. Jeremy called a taxi for the two of us. In it, he pulled my hips closer to him. He put his head right next to mine, rubbed my cheek with his, so close I could feel his breath of my ear. He smelt so good. He was such a tease, was he trying to make me jump him. He put his forehead on mine and let his hair fall over his face. I could see through his fringe the warm smile he was wearing on his lips. His eyes were on my lips, but he wouldn't go in for the kiss, he kept me in suspense, it was killing me, but I wasn't going to break first. He wanted me, and I was going to wait for him to prove it first.
Mum and John had their bags packed and ready at the door. John's brother was waiting out front in the car. The 2 of them emerged from the staircase as we stumbled in through the door.
"Ok guys, be good, I'll miss you." Our mum called whilst running to the car. I waved them off from the door then slammed the door when they'd left, turning myself to Jeremy who was stood in the middle of the living room.
"So wha...?" Before he could finish I leapt at him. He caught my legs around his waist, but his balance was put off and he fell backwards, landing with me sat up on him. I leant down and put my hands either side of his head.
"So, maybe I don't care if we're expected to behave like brother and sister."
"You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say that." He grabbed my neck as he was saying it and pulled me down towards his lips and the 2 of us started making out. His hands were then up and down my thighs and waist. I stopped kissing his lips and moved around to his neck, where I nibbled and left a mark. He sat up to reconnect to my lips. After about 5 minutes he carried me upstairs where he dropped me on to his bed. I grabbed the top of his tie and pulled him closer, until he fell over on to me.
In the morning, I was up at 8, as usual. I groggily opened my eyes, when I realized I was in Jeremy's bed, I sat up quickly, luckily I was in my PJs so nothing happened. I shrugged it off and just thought about how fun the next two weeks were going to be whilst our parents were in Egypt and we had the house to ourself. I lay back down onto his chest.
We spent the next 2 weeks making the most of the empty house, and the build-up of our relationship that had been there from day one. We went on dates together, held hands in the park, went to the movies, he took me out for dinner a few times, all the things young loved-up couples are supposed to do. Our parents were actually quite happy for us when they got back. That's when I asked myself, how did I get so lucky?