Best friend's Step Brother (Leo and Avril)

I smiled at my best friend, Jackson, who was goofing off as usual. He was pretty silly but I loved him anyways. And I had a bit of a crush on him. I laughed at his actions. I was happy that he was cheering up. His parents just got divorced and he has been feeling a down lately. It broke my heart to see someone I've known since birth hurt so much. However, a couple days ago his mom got remarried and he got a new step brother. Ever since then he's gotten back to normal. So obviously something was going right. Today was actually the day I was going to meet his step brother. I was pretty excited. I wanted to find the person that was making him feel better. I gathered my papers and walked with him to the lockers. "Is he going to be a new student here," I asked yawning a little at the end. School was about to start and I was still tired. "Yeah. He's just by the office getting his schedule. He should be here- Oh there he is!" He waved his hand in the air. I turned around and found myself looking at a cute boy. He walked up to both of us with a killer smile on his face; his white teeth shining. I blushed and looked over at Jackson waiting for him to introduce us. He smirked. "Leo this is Avril. Avril this is Leo," he said pointing at his step brother. I waved lightly and he responded. "So what classes do you have," my bestfriend asked Leo. I watched him take out his schedule and read it out loud. "Uh. Well first I bio with Mrs. M." I glowed and Jackson smirked again. He nudged me. "Oh! Well Avril has that class too. Wow. Looks like you and Avril have a lot of classes together," Jackson said looking at Leo's schedule. "Avril is a great tour guide and I'm pretty sure she'd be more than honoured to show you around the school," he continued with a slight wink. I playfully stuck my tongue out at Jackson when Leo wasn't looking. "Uh yeah. I'd be happy to show you around," I said trying not to make the situation anymore awkward. I moved the hair from my face and walked the halls with my best friend and his step-brother that I may or may not have a crush on.

I waited by the door with Leo. I turned to him and tried to small talk. "So. How is your first day so far," I asked him over the noise. He looked up at me and smiled once again. "Pretty good I guess, but the day hasn't even started yet sooo," I laughed at his reply. The bell rang and everybody shuffled into the classroom. I saw a couple girls eye me and Leo but I ignored it. I found two empty seats. I led Leo to the seats, whilst taking out some papers from my bag. While placing the papers on my desk I felt someone tap me on the back. I turned around and saw the teacher standing there with a warm smile on her face. "Avril. You must be very happy that your boyfriend has joined us." I raised an eyebrow. "Uh boyfriend?" She nodded and walked up to the front of the classroom. She stood up straight and tall before she spoke. "Hello class. Today we have a new student. Everybody please give a warm welcome to Leo, Avril's boyfriend." A loud echo of hi's filled the room and a few of the girls smiled widely whispering to their friends about how cute the two of us were. I felt my face head up and Leo was chuckling and scratching the bag of his neck. Leo told the teacher that we weren't dating and she laughed. "Oh! I'm so sorry," she replied. We both told her that it was okay. Class went by fast. We both walked out the door. Me and Leo both had break together. I rushed through the halls in search for my locker. When I found it, I shoved my books inside and waited for Leo to get down. I had to admit that the more I spent time with him, the more I was falling. I really really liked him and the crush I had on Jackson slowly began to fade away. I looked around for Leo but I couldn't find him so I just remained standing. A girl in my class walked up to me with the biggest grin on her face. "O my gosh! You and Leo are the cutest thing even if you aren't dating. Believe me. It's going to happen. He obviously likes you. He hasn't talked to any other girl and have you seen the way he looks at you? You guys are both like love stuck," she squealed.

I blushed at her words. She walked away with a smile and Leo finally found his way to me. "Sorry I took so long. I kinda uh got lost on my way searching for the bathroom." I laughed. "Don't worry about it. Wanna get a head start on bio homework?" He nodded and we both found a table to sit at. Pencils and notebooks soon filled up the area we were working at. Before we could start working Jackson walked up to both of us. "Hey uh Avril. Can I talk to you?" I nodded. I got up from my spot and followed him into the hallway. "So what's up," I asked him. He smirked like he had earlier in the day. "Okay. Well look. I know you like Leo and I approve. Half the reason I love him so much is because he reminds me of you, my bestfriend. He's my new brother and I think you two would make pretty cute couple. But I hope this doesn't mean you're going to stop hanging out with me and get all lovey dovey whenever. You're still my bestfriend and I really don't want anything to happen between us." I smiled as he continued to talk about how much the friendship meant to him. I looked at him and laughed. "Aww Jackson! Are you going soft on me," I asked him. He made a mocking face. "No. I just really want things to stay the same between us." I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. "Don't worry Jack. No matter what happens you're always going to be my bestfriend. And besides he doesn't even like me. I'm not really the kind to just go out there and tell him how I feel. You know I'm not like that. Its his first day. He doesn't even know me. There's no possible way that likes me as much as I like him," I replied truthfully. I pulled away from the hug and gave him a small smile. "You know Avril. Things aren't always as they seem," he said before leaving. "What do you mean by that," I shouted. He laughed. "You'll find out," he replied with a wink. I sighed and walked back to Leo. "Hey. Everything alright," he asked concerned. I nodded. "Yup. Its all good." We went back to our work.

"So what are you thinking," he asked after a few minutes. Why did I have to fall so hard for you? He made a surprised face but it soon turned into a grin. "What? Did you just say that you're falling for me?" My eyes widened. "Erm. Did I just say that out loud," I asked my face getting red. "I uh- I didn't- Its not that I- I just-," he kissed me in the middle of my sentence. He wrapped his arms around my waist. We both pulled away. "I feel the same. Even though I just met you today. I feel like I've known you my whole life," he whispered putting his hands in mine. That's when what Jackson said made sense. Things aren't as they seem.