The Lost Best Friend (Aiden and Jaime)

"I think I love you," my best friend Aiden told me. "Seriously?! You wait 'til a day before you move away to tell me that?!" I replied "I'm sorry, I just needed to tell you before I left," he said, giving me a tight hug. "I love you, too, Aiden."I replied "You do?"he asked."Yeah, I always have." I felt him gently kiss me hair. "I'll miss you, Jaime Price." "I'll miss you, too, Aiden Parker."
"Hey, can you promise me something?"
"Anything," I replied. "Promise me that we'll push to find each other again. And when we do find each other, we'll be together forever." The concept of closing down my options for one guy in the 7th grade frightened me. "F-Forever?" I stuttered. He tilted my chin up with his index finger and gave me my first ever kiss. I never thought my first kiss would be in the 7th grade, especially from the hottest ninth grader on earth. When he pulled away, he rested his forhead on mine and whispered "Forever." As scary as it seemed, when he kissed me, my fears melted away. "Ok, I promise." Aiden moved away the next day. I wasn't sure where he went or if he was ever coming back. All I knew was that for a few wonderful minutes, we were in love. I wasn't sure how on earth I would look for him, but I still tried. I noticed in the 8th grade that my light blonde hair was slowly turning a very dark brown, making me unrecognizable.
                In the 9th grade, I received a package. I opened  up the package and found a silver locket inside with a picture of Aiden the last time I saw him. No return address. I wore the locket every day. I couldn't find him on Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even MySpace. And another problem came up of my currently blue eyes slowly turning brown. In no time, I was completely unrecognizable
                In the 11th grade, I quit. I stopped looking for Aiden. I figured that the last time I heard from him was in the 9th grade and he probably gave up a long time ago. Probably had a girlfriend, probably forgot about me. By now he would be in college. I probably only still cared out of desperation. I still never kissed or dated anyone else, not because I didn't want to, but because my dark brown hair and quiet personality never exactly made me top pick. And the worst part was that even though I tried to let him go, whenever I was alone, I was always messing with my locket, Aiden's kiss still tingled my lips.
                When it came time to pick a college, I had plenty of options, but I went with Michigan State. I just wanted to explore a different state. I moved halfway across the country to attend Michigan. The school was absolutely huge, and I was shaking in my boots the first day. On my way to my dorm, I noticed an insanely gorgeous guy taking a suitcase into the dorm next to mine. The next day, I tried to sit in the back corner, but the same guy sat there before I could. I figured the other back corner.
                Later that night, I was leaving my room in my pajamas when I got hit by a door. I fell to the floor, knocking my head on the floor. The guy from my philosophy class stepped from behind the door.
                "Oh, crap! Sorry," he said, kneeling to the ground. He helped me up, as my heart beat faster. I got a good look at him, as he stared at me, smiling. Gorgeous green eyes, awesome hair, really tall, overall hot! While most girls would maybe twirl their hair or say thanks in a really flirty way or, I don't know, I just hung my head and walked away quickly. I got a glass of water and went back to my room. My roommate sound asleep, I heard a voice coming from the dorm next to me. I drained my cup as quick as I could and put my glass to the wall and my ear to the glass.
                "I know man, but she was cute." I heard a familiar voice say. "Like, not even hot, just cute." I recognized the voice as the hot guy that hit me with a door. Great, I thought. He likes someone else. Of course. Another hot guy I had no chance with. No one ever looks at me and thinks, "She's cute." I took my cup away from the wall and fell asleep.
                The next day, I was taking a load of laundry to the wash, and he was there.
                "Hey, you're head okay?" he asked, taking a step close to me, earning me a dirty look from every girl in the room. I just smiled and nodded. "Good to hear."  He walked off. Once again, blew it.
                A couple months later, I saw him walk up to a blonde girl and say something. She said something back and he walked away. Same thing, with a different girl the next day, and the next day and the next day. What is it with this guy and blondes? After that, our communication went down a lot. We'd say hi to each other in the halls.
                Another couple months later, I noticed him sitting in the hallway outside our dorms. I walked up to him in an actual effort to be friendly and kicked his shoe, making him look up at me with his big green eyes. I really hoped I looked okay.
                "Hey," he said. I sat next to him and he looked at me, smiling, but I could tell it was fake. "What's wrong?" I asked "Nothing."he stubbornly replied, "Ok, how 'bout you tell me, and then I'll forget." His fake smile withered away. He just looked at the ground. "Well, there's this girl." Whoomp! There it is! " I've been looking for her for a long time, and I don't know if I should give up." As soon as he said that, memories of Aiden rose in my head. We'll push to find each other. Forever. It was all a lie. I couldn't let this guy go through hoping she'd push to find him as hard as he was pushing to find her. "My advice is: give it a rest," I started. "If she's supposed to find you, she will. I promise." He looked at me, "You think?" "I know." I replied. He hugged me, and thanked me. I loved how naturally our bodies fit together. He helped me up, grabbing my hand with his soft warm hand. He kissed my cheek and walked away. His kiss burned my cheek and I felt fluttery all night.
Another two months later, I was sitting up high on a brick wall outside the school. I dressed casually in case I saw anyone I knew. I was reading Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets, peacefully enjoying the weekend. I heard footsteps walking on the wall and then someone sat next to me. It was the same hot guy with green eyes that kissed my cheek. As soon as I saw him, his kiss tingled on my cheek. Don't love him, Jaime. Don't. "Hey, there, beautiful," he said, kissing my cheek again. He put an arm around me and pulled me close. This was odd since we didn't even know each other's names. I felt our natural fit again. He took my book and placed it next to him. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Well, I'm trying to let go of that girl I was talking about. She's probably moved on by now, so why shouldn't I?" Hot guy? And he's into me? "So why me?" I calmly asked. "I've seen you around," he started, pushing my hair behind my ear. "I'm normally pretty outgoing, but with you- I honestly wasn't sure how to talk to you. You're so cute, and you're so quiet and I just don't know how to act with someone like you." "So what changed?" I asked "I never thought you wanted to talk to me until you did."he said truthfully. "Really? I- I felt the same way. About you, I mean. Except I'm not very outgoing, normally, but with you it was worse." He looked away quickly and laughed nervously before looking back at me. "Hey, um, this is, like, totally impossible, but, uh, what's your name?" He stuttered. "Jaime," I responded. His eyes lit up like crazy. "Jaime Price." I shied away from his gaze and he gently grabbed my face and kissed me. I hadn't kissed many times in my life, and I wasn't sure if every kiss felt the same or what, but his seemed familiar. As our lips moved together, I fought hard not to fall in love with him. Either there was a great connection between us, or he was just a really good kisser, but I really didn't want it to end. When he pulled away, I looked at him with wide eyes and said, "What was that?" He took off the necklace he had hidden in his shirt and it was almost the same as mine, except gold. No way. I took off mine and we both opened them, revealing the pictures of Aiden and I. No way! I tried not to cry at my happiness. It was him. My Aiden. He never stopped looking for me. He never moved on. Our searching had paid off and finally come to an end. Aiden was finally in my arms again. I fell in love with someone else, and it was still him, the only one for me. He was next to me again. Finally. The gorgeous boy with green eyes was Aiden. We stood up on the wall and he picked me up, spinning me around with my legs wrapped around his waist. He kissed me again and again. "Forever, remember?" he whispered. "Forever." "I love you, Jaime Price." He admitted, "I love you, too, Aiden Parker."