Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"What?" Alex asked as he chewed on the end of an expensive Montblanc pen I'd given him among a thousand other things as going away presents.

"That was the guys," I said, falling back onto the bed.

"Again?" he questioned.

"Yeah, again."

He laid down next to me. "They just want you to come with them. They really love you and want you to be with them, you know."

"I guess."

"It's not fair."

"What's not fair?"

"They get to have you more than I do."

I looked up at him and my breath caught in my throat. He was far closer than I anticipated and his eyes were serious, and loving, and caring, and fierce, boring into my own.

Suddenly, his lips were on mine. And before I could think about reacting, I already was.

I kissed him back hungrily, aching for more. The want and need from the past couple of weeks was fueling us even more. He tore my white cotton dress over my head and planted hungry, soft kisses on my neck. I ripped open his white dress shirt, tearing a few buttons off in the process. I pulled him closer, even though his hot skin was already clinging to mine.

"You know what?" Alex said, tearing his lips away from mine for one second, much to my dismay.

"What?" I said breathily, my hands trailing down his chest.

"They may get to have you more than I do, but I made the most of my time."

"That's debatable. Now shut up and kiss me."

***

I hadn't been able to sleep all night and of course I knew why. I still hadn't come to grips with the fact that Alex was leaving.

And I didn't have much time left.

I stared at Alex's sleeping form, amazed at how peaceful he looked. It's incredible how different and people look when sleeping. It's like they're a whole different person. They just look like the most peaceful people on Earth.

I rolled over lazily as my phone began to beep. It was my alarm telling me it was time us for us to get up and going. I rolled out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. After quickly using the bathroom, brushing my teeth, and washing my face I shook Alex.

"Eh?" he murmured sleepily, rolling over.

"Get up," I shook him some more. "It's time to go."

"I don't want to," he resisted.

I bit my lip sadly before shaking him once last time. "Get up," I said, my voice stern.

"Fine." He got up, grabbed my head, and licked both sides of my face harshly.

"Ew!" I giggled faux-disgustedly, even though I secretly loved it.

"Is that up enough for you?" he smiled before walking into the bathroom.

"Jerk!" I called after him.

"You love it!" he shouted back through the door.

"You got that right," I said to myself.

I packed up my stuff and changed out of my nightdress into a slouchy, oversized black T-shirt, skinny boyfriend jeans, and my favourite worn-in Havaianas. After pulling my hair up into a messy ponytail I made my way into my kitchen and toasted a bagel, cut it in half, and spread peanut butter on it. I took my time eating it, making each bite slow and thorough. After I finished eating I poured myself a tall glass of orange juice and drank it slowly. After I was done with that I ambled to the bedroom.