Lachlan for Amber <3

Sorry for the late night upload! I'm currently staying at my grandma's and didn't want o be rude and write while she was still awake! But now she's gone to bed so I can write yay!

Also, don't know if any of you care, but I'm starting to write my Lachlan fanfiction again go check it out! <3

This imagine is for @JJRocks3773! Hope you enjoy! xx

------------

Amber's POV

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Amber, happy birthday to you!" You smile at your friends, blowing out the candles they insisted on putting in your cake. Today you were finally leaving the teens and turning twenty.

You blow out all of the candles in one breath, causing your best friend to say, "Oh, one boyfriend! Who's it gonna be?" You roll your eyes and laugh at her.

Your best friend slices the cake and hands you a piece. You quickly set it down to grab forks before walking around the room, handing your small group of friends forks. Once everyone has a fork, you grab your slice of cake and walk into your living room where everyone is sat. You take the available seat next to Lachlan, who also happens to be your crush.

"How's it going, Amber?" He asks you, taking a forkful of cake and shoving it in his mouth. You laugh at him when he gets a brain freeze, not knowing it was ice ream cake.

"Well, considering how I thought I'd be spending my twentieth birthday by myself have a Netflix marathon only to have you lot show up... I'd say it's pretty good." You smile at Lachlan, getting lost in his eyes as he smiles back at you. 

You're not sure how long the two of your talked for, but you think others were noticing it. Soon, one by one each person says goodbye to you and leaves. 

"Happy birthday again, A." Your best friend tells you, hiving you a hug goodbye as you stand at your front door with the door open.

"Thank you so much for putting this all together!" You thank her before she walks out the door, shutting it behind her.

You sigh, turning around to face Lachlan who is standing behind you with his hands in his front pockets.

"What a crazy day." You say to him, laughing. You move around him, beginning to clean up the party. You and Lachlan are really good friends, so you know that he won't be leaving you to be by yourself on your birthday.

"You know what would make it even crazier?" Lachlan asks you, walking behind you as you walk int your kitchen to throw away the garbage you've accumulated. Once the garbage is disposed, you turn to look at Lachlan.

"What could possibly make this day crazier?" You ask him, putting your hands on your hips and smirking at him. This day has been so crazy, it will be hard to out due it.

"This." Lachlan says before putting his hands on your hips on top of your hands and leaning down, connecting your lips.

This feels... Weird. This isn't like any of the other kisses you've had before. It feels warm and soft. It feels like the sun is shining on your skin on a cool summer's day. It feels like you've just discovered the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

You move your hands from on your hips and wrap them around Lachlan's neck, deepening the kiss.

You both pull away, gasping for air. You swallow the rising clump in your throat as you put your foreheads together. 

"Well, I'd say that just made this day definitely crazier." You say to him, laughing. He laughs and you can feel the warm breath hitting your skin. It might smell creepy, but you inhale his scent, relishing every passing moment.

"Look, Amber, I've been meaning to ask you something." Lachlan say, pulling away from your embrace. You watch him as he pulls out a long box from a cupboard a few feet away from him.

"How did you get that in there?" You ask him, astonished that you didn't notice that in there before.

"I have my ways." Lachlan responds, smirking down at you.

He walks back over to you and hands you the box. You look at him before opening it to reveal a gorgeous necklace inside.

"Now I know this might be really sudden, but Amber, I just want to show my love for you

"Now I know this might be really sudden, but Amber, I just want to show my love for you." Lachlan says, walking closer to you. "I fell in love with you that day five years ago when we were assigned to be partners for the drama project. It might not have been love at first sight, actually it definitely wasn't since we've known each other for so long. But it really is true love and I juts was really wondering..." Lachlan says, looking away and putting his hand behind his neck.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" Lachlan looks back towards you, suddenly doubting himself.

You feel like you could start tearing up. The necklace is more than you could ever imagine for and now you were being given the opportunity to date your best friend.

"Do I like ice cream cake?" You ask him as your answer to his question. You can see him relax a little and smile at you.

"Yes?" He asks as you set the necklace down on the table, walking over to him and wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Lachlan, I would love to have the honor of calling you my boyfriend." You say, pulling his head down towards you and connecting you lips. You feel the same sparks you felt five minutes ago.