Simon for Autumn <3

Another requested imagine, woo! This one is for @Sammy_Kian, I hope you like it! As always, feel free to change the name to your own! (Assuming your name isn't Autumn, of course. :))

------------

Autumn's POV

It's been months. It seems like longer, but it hasn't. It's been the best, and yet somehow the worst, five months of your life! It seems like forever ago that you and your best friend bought your own house and ran into a bunch of guys living next door known as the Sidemen. Yet, even though it's impossible, it seems like even longer ago that you realized you had feelings for Simon.

And now the dreaded day has come, after four months of postponing it. Today is the day that you (being forced) are going to tell him how you felt. You didn't want to do this, knowing how much of an embarrassment it will be when he says he doesn't like you like that. After months of nagging from your best friend, you had finally giving in on telling Simon, but only when she threatened telling him herself.

Of course, it didn't help that she had already told almost all of the Sidemen. She just cannot keep her mouth shut for the life of her, but you still love her. She started dating Tobi not long after moving in, so when she let it slip to him, he had to almost tell everyone before you found out.

Now, here you were, sitting in front of the mirror practicing, due to nerves. It's not your fault that your stomach does a flip-flop whenever you think about telling Simon you like him (and it's not a good kind of flip-flop either). It's quite different from the one you get whenever you guys have what you call a 'moment'. Instead of it leaving you all happy and giddy, you feel hung down, like you don't want to do anything.

Your nerves were probably due to the fact that you were doing this exact same thing six years ago, trying to figure out how you would tell your high school crush you liked him before summer holiday. When you finally built up enough courage to tell him, he had told you that he didn't feel the same. In fact, it was a lot worse. He had told you that he didn't even know your name, though you had a lot of your classes with him. You were devastated, and were pretty sure that he just came up with some sort of excuse.

Coming back to the present, you shake your head and look at yourself in the mirror. You've only just woken up an hour ago, so you don't look incredible. You were just sitting their, your blonde hair in a messy bun that you just threw up so that it was out of your way, no make up on, and in the reflection you see you wearing your dorky pair of glasses that you've had since year seven.

"Okay, Autumn. You can do this. It won't be a repeat of last time." You talk to yourself in the mirror. The only possible person that could hear you is you best friend, and possibly Tobi if he came over, but they both already knew you were doing this, so it's best to say it out loud. "Plenty of people have told you that he likes you back. Not sure why they say that, but they have. Probably just a confidence booster."

You sigh in the mirror. No matter how much they think it would boost your confidence, it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job. You've already been practicing for twenty minutes, but still you don't feel any more confident.

"Okay, let's do it again." You tell yourself, shaking out some nerves. "I've been meaning to tell you this for a while Simon, but I like you. No, not just as a friend, more than a friend, like I really like you." You pause, thinking about how he will reject you. Somehow, you don't feel as sad anymore, thinking about him rejecting you, because you've though about it so much. You look down at your hands, just like you will in the real situation. "No, it's okay. I didn't expect you to like me back, I was forced to do this in the first place, and I didn't want it to ruin our friendship. I should get going." You stumble over your words a little still and stand up from your chair, and turn around to 'walk out' of Simon's house.

Your mind freezes. Why is he here? How did he even get into our house? How did I not seem him come in?

These are some of the many questions running through your mind as you see Simon standing there, his mouth slightly open.

Oh god, how long has he been here? How much of that did he hear? Did he even know you were talking about him?

"H-hey, Simon!" You say, probably a little too cheery to seem legit. "What are you d-doing here?" You can't help stumbling over your words as your mind starts to panic. He's not moving. Why is he not moving? Oh no, he heard me and doesn't feel the same way, this cannot be happening again. I give up on boys! You think, tearing your eyes away from Simon to look at the floor.

You decide to never listen to anything your best friend tells you ever again. Now, not only did Simon know that you liked him, now the relationship you two had was going to be awkward, and you'll never be able to repair it.

You hear Simon move, but don't bother looking up. Simon's gone and left, hopefully pretending that this never happened and that you guys could-

Your thoughts are cut off with the feeling of Simon placing his hand on your hip, forcing you to look up at him with his other hand. Before you know it, he's pulling you towards him and connecting your lips.

No, this can't be happening. You think as you kiss him back. You must be dreaming, this has to all be a dream right? You pull away from Simon and look into his deep blue eyes.

"I like you too." Simon mutters, smiling down at you. This isn't a dream, this is reality. Realization hits you and your eyes open wide. You look like absolute shit! You're not wearing makeup, your hair isn't brushed, and you haven't even bothered brushing your teeth yet!

"You can't see me like this." You quickly say under your breath, walking out of Simon's grasp and over to your dresser where you start taking your hair out of the bun.

"What?" You hear Simon ask, and you see him walk behind you in the mirror.

You sigh and repeat what you had said, louder this time, and grabbing your brush to start making yourself presentable. "You can't see me like this."

Simon comes right behind you and wraps his arms around your stomach. It's weird to think how this feels so natural, yet he has never done this before. "You don't need to brush your hair or put on makeup to look pretty." Simon mumbles into your shoulder and you roll your eyes at his cheesiness.

------------

Yay! Hope you liked that Autumn! Sorry it took so long to get it published!

Still accepting both imagine requests and SDMN fanfiction character applications, dm me for both!

See ya!