Ethan for Natalie <3

This is for @sidexmen! Hope you like it, thank you for being patient! :)

------------

Natalie's POV

"I'm sorry we won't be able to be together on Friday." You say as you look at your boyfriend through your computer. This Friday was going to be your three year anniversary.

"Hey, it's not your fault! Your grandma died. I would hate making you miss her funeral. I know how close you were." Ethan replies and you look down at your hands, trying not to smile.

Little did Ethan know that your grandma is very much alive. And you were in fact going to see him Friday.

"Yeah, but I wish I could be there, I really do. But it's just impossible to get to London from Guernsey, especially with the late funeral. We'll have to get together sometime later." You carefully explain, trying to act your part as best you can.

"Oh, of course we will, babe. Don't worry, I will see you soon." Ethan says before saying goodbye and ending your Skype call. You smile at the computer, looking to your left to see your suitcase ready to go. Just two more days and you'll be flying to England to surprise your boyfriend.

Those two days couldn't go any slower. You felt like you were running a marathon. You know how at the end you're always super tired and can barely move? That's exactly how it felt right now. These days just wouldn't go fast enough!

Yet finally, you woke Friday morning to a very familiar sound.

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, be-

You slam you hand down on the alarm clock, silencing it. You roll over in your bed, wrapping yourself up in you warm and cozy blanket. Until, suddenly, your eyes fly open with realization that today was the day your're flying out to London.

You smile to yourself before sitting up and stretching. Now, you have to be very careful about how you do this, not giving Ethan any hints that you're coming. No tweets, no posts to Instagram, no snapchatting. No one can know what you're doing today.

"Natalie, you're plane leave in a little over an hour! Come get some food!" You hear you mum yell from down the hall, just as you're finishing getting ready. You can smell the food, causing you stomach to call to it, or in other words, growl.

"Coming, mum!" You yell back, before quickly putting your phone back on the charger. You exit your room and walk the short distance to your kitchen where you see that your mum made you bacon and cinnamon rolls. You know she would've made more, but you're running on a bit of a tight schedule.

"It looks delicious, mum." You walk up to your mum and kiss her on the cheek before grabbing a plate and some food. Ten minutes later, after you're stomach is completely satisfied, you're out the door and headed to the airport. With your mum driving you, of course.

"So, Ethan has no idea that you're coming?" Mum asks as you drive. You shake your head at her, smiling. "Aren't you a little worried, sweetie? What if he doesn't actually want you there?" 

You quickly snap you head towards you mum. "What do you mean? Why would you say that?" You ask her, frantically, your mind running through all the possible scenarios in your head. What if he's planning on breaking up with you? What if he doesn't want to talk to you? What if.... He's cheating on you?

"I'm sure it will be fine, hunny. I'm just thinking about the worst case scenario. You know me, I tend to look on the negative side of things." You relax a little at your mother's words. She does do that a lot, she has that right.

You pull up to the airport and lean over the seat to give your mum a hug. "I'll see you soon, Mum." Then, you hop out and grab your suitcase from your trunk, walking into the airport to begin the journey to Ethan.

The plane ride was terrible. Ethan was texting you, and you had to pretend as if you were still home. He tried calling once, but you had to decline, knowing that the noise on the plane would make him suspicious. You just let him down, saying how you were at a family meal before the funeral. 

That wasn't even the worst of it. There was quite a lot of turbulence. And the baby that was crying the entire flight was not helping with that. Not to even mention the person snoring in the seat behind you. Yet, you were able to put in headphone and have some peace to yourself.

As you get in the cab, you try to decipher Ethan's texts to see if he's home or not. He's talking about how he needs to get some food, what if he's doing that right now? No, then he said that he just got some from his fridge. He talked about getting together with Calfreezy, but I don;t think he meant today at any point. From what you could tell, it seemed as if he was in his flat.

You thank the cab driver and get out, breathing in the London air. You look up at Ethan's building and spot his flat. The lights are on, a good sign. You enter the lobby and get into the elevator, going up to his floor. Soon, you find his room number and take a deep breath.

Forgetting what your mom had said, you raise a hand and knock on his door. 

You smile as you hear movement coming towards the door from inside the flat, your heart picking up speed with every passing millisecond. You hear the door handle move and watch the door as it opens. Ethan is standing on the other side.

"N-Natalie?" Ethan says, a look of shock plastered on his face. "Oh my god, what are yo doing here? I thought you had your grandmum's funeral?" 

You shake your head at Ethan. "My grandma didn't die, I wanted to surprise you!" You start to get worried about Ethan's reaction until he laughs and pulls you in for a hug.

"Well, I'm certainly surprised, babe. So all that stuff about you going to a family meal?" Ethan asks as he grabs your suitcase and brings in inside of his flat.

"All fake. Did you really think I'd be having a family meal ten hours before the funeral? God, you're so easy to prank." You roll your eyes at Ethan as he laughs, his beautiful laugh.

"Well, happy three year anniversary, babe." Ethan says, walking over to you and wrapping his arms around your waist.

"And to you, Mr. Payne." You wrap you arms around his neck, bringing him in for a nice, heated, kissing session.

------------

Yay! Hope you enjoyed, Natalie! I had to change it up a bit, I'm sorry!