How Long

Mitch's POV

I woke up in Jerome's arms. He was still out cold. I lightly moved his arm and hopped out of bed.

"But Mitch."

"It's still early. Get some more sleep."

That was all that he needed. He nodded at me before closing his eyes. His head hit the pillow and he was gone again. I walked over to Jay's room checking the clock in the hall way. It was 11 am. Damn we must have been tired. I opened Jay's door but found Lachlan in his bed. I closed the door but it had creaked.

"Who's there. I'm awake. What's up?"

I walked back in and looked at him. He had rolled over. His eyes wide open.

"Oh morning Mitch. How was your sleep?"

"Yeah it was alright. What about you? How come you ended up in Jay's bed?"

"You guys went off to bed. Jay Micky and I were lying down watching TV. Michael needed a drink so I got out so he could get off my side and not wake up Jay. We talked for a little bit but long story short. I came up here and crashed."

"So Jay and Micky should be on the couch bed thing?"

"Yeah."

I watched him get up out of bed and walk over to me. He was wearing one of his long sleeve shirts. Must have been cold last night.

"You alright Lachlan?"

"Not really. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah always man what's up?"

He looked up and flinched. I turned around and saw Michael standing there.

"Morning guys."

"Morning Micky."

"I'll ask you later Mitch. It's not that important."

"Uh. Sure."

"Jay says to get everyone up. He said he wants to go out for Lunch. I told him only if we go somewhere different. So looks like we are going out for the day."

"Sounds good man. You want to grab Jerome."

"Yeah sure. Down stairs in 10 ok?"

"Sounds good."

I watched him go into my room. I turned around and walked back into Jay's to find Lachy sitting on the bed.

"Lachlan what's up?"

"What do you feel when you look at Jerome."

"That was..."

"Mitch please."

"Uh. Well. I look at him and just feel happy. It's like. He fills me with hope. And even though let's be honest he isn't the smartest person alive. But. He's mine. And to me. That's all I care about."

"What about when you look into his eyes?"

"Depends. If I just give him a quick glance I feel like I get lost. But If I really look at him. And we look at each other it's like I can see into his soul. And trust me. It's a mess in there. But I remember I took his face in my hands and promised him. That I would always be with him. And promise to help him."

"And what about you?"

"What about me?"

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Not what I meant."

"I know. Everyone has their demons. I have made peace with my own."