The Dream

Michael's POV

I woke up to it still being dark. I looked up and it actually was still. I thought I was just cuddled into Jay again. Though I move myself around I realise I was on my own. I sit up in my bed and grab my phone and check it. No messages or calls but It's 3 am. Normally I'd say fuck it and go back to sleep. But Jay wasn't there. And that sucked. I slowly opened the door and exited. Leaving the door ajar. I tip toe my way to the kitchen and see Jay sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen. I was about to walk in before I heard him talk. I noticed he was on his phone.

"Yeah I know..."

"It's ok I'm fine. Nothing happened."

"Yes he is ok. Trust me."

"What? No I didn't hurt him."

"Look. He is fine ok. I promise. I won't let anything happen to him."

"He isn't going to come home until the month ends."

I couldn't take it any longer. I walk into the kitchen behind him and I wrap my arms around him. He smells so good. That's a normal thing to notice. Right?

"Speak of the devil. I'll put it on speaker."

"Who are you talking to Jay?"

"Hey Mate. Hope you have been ok?"

"MUM!"

"Shh keep it down you don't want to wake anyone up."

"Sorry. I miss you so much."

"Yeah I know. Jay was just telling me everything that has happened so far."

"I'm fine mum."

"Don't worry I know you are. I see why Lachlan would want to send you home. Though I also want you to slap him back just lightly. You know. Like you use to do with Liam. Just a light tap on the cheek."

I started to cry. I couldn't keep it in. Jay turned around and pulled me into him.

"Jay I trust you. Thank you for telling me everything that has been happening. I know what Michael is like. And with his past It's understandable that he would have attached himself to you. Just don't hurt him. And go on another date or two and then decide if you want to be together properly ok?"

"Don't worry Kim. I'll make sure nothing else happens. And if anything does happen I'll make sure he is safe at all times."

"Ok. I have to go. I need to pack up the store before I head home."

"How was the shift?"

"Yeah good. You know the usual. Clean and make orders. Nothing really changed. Though Liam is a bit slower. Probably just missing you."

"We have been friends for so long."

"Yeah I miss you Michael."

"I miss you too mum. I love you."

"I love you too. Jay said it was like 3 in the morning. You guys should get some sleep. Goodnight guys."

"Goodnight."

We both said in unison. Mum hung up and Jay kept holding me. He never let go the entire time.

"Are you ok?"

"Why were you talking to my mum?"

"Rob gave me her skype details. So I thought I would give her a call and introduce myself. I started telling her about everything that had been going on and I think Rob is going to get an ear full next time she sees him online."