Safe

Jay's POV

We sat there for hours. He didn't move. He just cried. It eventually reached the point where I think he was out of tears. He couldn't produce any more and he just sobbed. I don't understand why he would just leave like that. Without any indication. He said they were fine. I read the note but It didn't make sense. If everything was going fine. Then why did Vikk just take off like that?

"Jay I need to get a drink can you help me up please?"

I grabbed his arm and helped him to stand up. His head must still be pounded. As soon as his feet hit the floor. Well luckily I caught him otherwise he would have fallen over. I lifted his arm over my shoulder and helped him move into the lounge room. Jerome and Lachlan were playing some Zombies. As if they would be doing anything else. I sat him down on the other couch next to Rob. And he almost backed away from him. Or at least that's how it looked. I walked in and grabbed a can from the fridge. Handing it to Michael as I passed him. I sat down on the floor in front of him. He leaned down and put his arms around me. Resting his head on the top of my own. It was eerily silent. His mum had left for work about an hour ago. She looked almost as angry as Jerome did.

"Thank you Jay. Why did he leave?"

"I don't know man."

I couldn't leave him hanging. No one else was talking. It was like someone had died.

"Is this another one of those I can't tell you things. Because I don't think I can take another one."

"No Michael."

Jerome turned and looked him dead in the eyes.

"This isn't another one of those secrets we are keeping. This is a genuine what the actual fuck. I don't even know how he managed to find a place to write that shit down and leave without any of us noticing. Hell I wonder if he even managed to get out ok."

"The train station is down the road. I remember telling him how it was so close and easy to get to the airport and all the other stops and shit. I shouldn't have said anything."

Damn it he was tearing me apart. I can't do anything. So I guess I'll just have to be there for him. While Vikk isn't. And it hurt. Seeing him like this. It wasn't fair.

"Well there is one good thing."

"What the fuck. Could possibly be good. That has come out of this Lachlan."

"Well Jay. I don't know about you. But seeing as Aliese is a clear witness. And so are a lot of other people. Seth will more then likely be charged and caught. He did get his head kicked in while in a hospital. So I guess that is one good thing."

I heard a faint and quiet laugh coming from behind me. It felt so good feeling him vibrate on my head as he laughed to himself.

"I made him smile my work here is done."

"No Lachlan. But you do have a point. Now that he has been seen. It makes me feel a little bit safer."

"Hey where is the closest mall? I'm starting to feel hungry. And let's be real. Hospital food is disgusting."

"Not all food from there is bad. Granted most of it is but like. Come on. Give them some credit. The pies are awesome."

"Oh yeah I'll agree with you there Micky."

Jerome laughed while I still heard nothing from Rob. What was going through his head? I got up and grabbed Michael's can. Putting it on the table in front of me. Before pulling him up and taking him into the kitchen. I poked around and found a first aid kit in the cupboard. Pulling it out. I found exactly what I needed to find. I wrapped the bandage tight around his head. And thought to put it around one of his eyes as well. Just to make it look more impressive of an injury.